WOW POVs and the stories they're going to tell you're looking forward to read

~Shiera Seastar~

What WOW POVs (not new ones) you are looking forward to read because you're excited to know what's going on in their story? Mine will be:

Jon - is he alive, comatose, or dead? Are the Others finally on their way (maybe this one belongs to Mel's POV)?

Theon/Reek - for obvious reason: the Battle of Ice. Who are going to win and who are going to lose in this war.

Sansa - I wan't to know her character progression (if there's any) and what move Littlefinger is planning to do next. I also know what is the fate of Sweetrobin and the Vale's position about the ongoing war.

Dany - will she linger or finally leave Mereen?

Cersei - I want to know the outcome of her trial. And will she roar again, or will she meet her end?

1) Davos - He is going to Skagos, one of the parts of Westeros I am incredibly curious about. Plus, we will sooner or later get to know what Rickon is doing.

2) Victarion - Because he is such a bad ass, and Moqorro is with him. He seems to pretty important, too.

3) Asha - For the same reasons you fancy Theon, but I think that a POV from Asha would be much more intense, as she might participate in the fighting.

1. LC Jon Snow. He has to be alive. There's no point for the storyline to evolve like that just for him to get Cesared.

2. Daenerys. Drogon will burn Khal Jhago and Dany will claim his khalasar. Can't wait!

3. Aegon. I'd like to know how he and JonCon took Storm's End. And if he's really Rhaegar's son.

4. Theon/Asha. Just want eyes on the battle of ice. Stannis will prevail. Trojan style.

Sansa, Cersei, Jaime & Brienne mostly. Where they're storylines left off in ADWD is killing me, I need to know what happens next.

After them Stannis, Theon and Asha. I want to see some Bolton's die damnit!

Then everyone at the Wall. To see what's going on with Jon etc...

Then everyone not in Westeros. To see if they'll start coming home.

I am also very existed about forthcoming Barristan POVs. In ADWD he was the only character who made me endure the Mereen chapters, but now with war on the doorstep things become much more exciting; I cannot wait to see what strategy will be used, what role the Unsullied will play, what will happen to Dany's remaining hostages (hopefully Daario gets killed), etc. Additionally, for the first time i actually want to know who the Harpy is; Hizdahr? Probably, but maybe it is Reznak or Galazza (though both unlikely).

Sansa, Cersei, Jaime & Brienne mostly. Where they're storylines left off in ADWD is killing me, I need to know what happens next.

After them Stannis, Theon and Asha. I want to see some Bolton's die damnit!

With Jamie and Brienne reunited, GRRM may revert to Jaime's POV (like in SOS), though I do love seeing events unfold from Brienne's perspective.

Likewise, Theon's POV may also cover Asha... for as long as he lives...

Arya, Sam, brienne, cersei

Very little has been mentioned of Sam's point of view, but nothing has really happened much yet in his chapters,apart from the death of a targaryan of course.Ithink he will have an important rolw to play in the last two books, and he could be the POV from the land of always winter, if he sails north withjaquen/pate

Jon: Saved by Milisandre, because surely hes AA.

Davos: His adventures to find & bring back the heir to Winterfell.

Arya:Hopefully saving Sansa from Littlefinger, with the Hounds help.

Tryion: becoming Daenerys hand & out thinking & playing Varys at his own game.

Theon/Reek: falling back into the hands of The Bastard.

Sam:Helping Pate/Jaqen keep the horn safe fron Euron.

Victarion: Trial by Fire.

I agree that Jon must be "alive," but we may have seen the last of his POV. GRRM may have introduced Melissandre's POV so that we can follow Jon post-assassination.

That would actually be really interesting. Jon comes back and starts doing things that he wouldn't have done before but we don't get his POV for it. I'd kind of like to see that.

I'm obviously a Theon fan and reread his preview chapter every other week. But for this post...

Bran- The connection between past, present, and future. I have been looking forward to discovering the links between the Others and the Children of the Forest, The Old Gods and the New, plus the Weirwoods and the hidden magical powers they may have since book one. Add a little Warg spice in the Land of Always Winter and that should be a recipe for a great read. Not to mention Forum theories for all to sink their teeth in.

Honorable mention: Arya- The Faceless Men are just so cool any adventure she takes should be great. Simple-Theory; She no longer ges POV chapters but interacts with characters who don't realize it is her (ala Sam running into Cat of the Canals from AFFC). Hair-Brained-Theory, her first assignment from the FM is to kill Jon who has become AA reborn.

Arya:Hopefully saving Sansa from Littlefinger, with the Hounds

I like this, minus the Hound. I hope Arya will go to the Vale (just opposite of Braavos) and tell Littlefinger that he made a mistake on messing up with the real/fake Arya. Wishful thinking, but why not?

I agree that Jon must be "alive," but we may have seen the last of his POV. GRRM may have introduced Melissandre's POV so that we can follow Jon post-assassination.

Very interesting. I must admit I have never thought of this. Good idea.

For me, the most interesting are based around the main areas of action:

Victarion

Jaime/hopefully no more Brienne POVs

Theon

JonCon

Areo Hotah

The only POV that I'm worried about/ most want to read is Jon.

No one else is in such a dire state like Jon is and I want him safe and sound.... :crying:

Jon is (un)dead, no more POV's. As Ser Illifer suggests, Melisandre's POV in Dance serves no purpose unless it was because our favorite POV-In-The-North was soon to be no more.

But I'm with you, the first thing I do when I get the book is going to be a quick scan to see if there are any unJon chapters. Although for Jon to be "safe and sound and the good ol' Jon we know and love" would be very un-GRRM-like, if you ask me.

Jon is (un)dead, no more POV's. As Ser Illifer suggests, Melisandre's POV in Dance serves no purpose unless it was because our favorite POV-In-The-North was soon to be no more.

But I'm with you, the first thing I do when I get the book is going to be a quick scan to see if there are any unJon chapters. Although for Jon to be "safe and sound and the good ol' Jon we know and love" would be very un-GRRM-like, if you ask me.

I don't think Jon will be dead, per-say. But his body will be in a comatose state like Bran after his fall. So imo Jon will be (once he returns to his newly healed body...) like himself, but obviously after such a traumatic event he'll be changed. But I don't think he'll be an Undead Jon, like Dondarrion/ Lady Stoneheart.

I don't want a Undead Jon, I find the Undead people to be blah. They're no longer human, and Jon needs to be human, he is (imo) the song of ice and fire.

I don't think Jon will be dead, per-say. But his body will be in a comatose state like Bran after his fall. So imo Jon will be (once he returns to his newly healed body...) like himself, but obviously after such a traumatic event he'll be changed. But I don't think he'll be an Undead Jon, like Dondarrion/ Lady Stoneheart.

I don't want a Undead Jon, I find the Undead people to be blah. They're no longer human, and Jon needs to be human, he is (imo) the song of ice and fire.

I agree. But at this point I don't think I can personally get any kind of satisfactory Jon resolution going forward. I think the story already has too many undead, and to do it again (for me) is bleh. I'm also sick of the "dead not really being dead" cliffhangers and such. So if he didn't actually die at the end (to be resurrected or whatever by supernatural means), I'm going to be just as irritated that he was mostly dead and we read through all that for nothin'.

So the 3 possible resoltuions going forward are:

1) Jon is dead, same as Zed and Ned.

2) Jon is dead, but will become unJon

3) Jon didn't really die, just almost died.

All of which I find to be frustrating and/or infuriating. I've come to believe this alone is the Official Intent of the Author.

[EDIT:] Also, it appears from Victarian's healing by Moqorro, that R'hllor magic might heal to be better and stronger. Victarian's personality didn't seem to change with the healing, and IIRC his hand is even better and stronger post-healing than it was before. So perhaps a Jon resurrection via Moqorro-type healing might leave his humanity intact, although this too on the surface feels a little too hokey for my liking.

So the 3 possible resoltuions going forward are:

1) Jon is dead, same as Zed and Ned.

2) Jon is dead, but will become unJon

3) Jon didn't really die, just almost died.

All of which I find to be frustrating and/or infuriating. I've come to believe this alone is the Official Intent of the Author.

[EDIT:] Also, it appears from Victarian's healing by Moqorro, that R'hllor magic might heal to be better and stronger. Victarian's personality didn't seem to change with the healing, and IIRC his hand is even better and stronger post-healing than it was before. So perhaps a Jon resurrection via Moqorro-type healing might leave his humanity intact, although this too on the surface feels a little too hokey for my liking.

I will be very annoyed by it all- I am annoyed! If any those are the case, then there NEEDS to be resolution straightaway. tbh I would have been fine without all that backstabbing drama ;)

Archived