The Most Annoying Phrase

Jaime FTW

patchface's rhymes oh oh oh

i want to drop kick him.

LOL, yeh, anything patchface says. Totally agree. I found myself wishing that Ghost would just tear his throat out.

The Reek mode phrases got old real fast as well.

Other than that, I'm good. I actually love "it is known" and "you know nothing, Jon Snow."

I dunno, it's a known phrase in our world too. See the latin; Memento Mori.

Memento mori is a known phrase in the western world, and even then it's only known among people of at least some education. It is generally not known in places that do not share the general cultural heritage of the west.

The Wildlings are an illiterate race of survivalists at the edge of the world. It just strikes me as silly for Ygritte to drop a phrase descended from foreign-tongued ancient empires thousands of miles away so casually. Not to mention that when everyone started saying it, it began to lose its meaning -- for me, at least. It became very clear that it wasn't so much an organic in-world phenomenon as it was something that the author simply liked to say.

Another thing that bothered me is that if the phrase is so common, then it becomes less credible that anyone who repeats it to a Braavosi while handing him a coin will be given immediate sanctuary and passage to the House of Black and White. I really wish it had just been a FM thing.

These are not phrases, but still annoy.

Nuncle

Coz

The main phrase has to be I'm the blood of the dragon.

I found Coz to be pretty endearing honestly...Even though Jaime couldn't have less respect for Cleos, he still recognized him as family. Nuncle on the other hand...just no.

I'm bothered by alternative spellings like "southron" that actually aren't pronounced any differently than the correct spelling. I thought it was a way of phonetically writing the northern accent but in the show it's pronounced just like southern.

Southron Is an actual word. It's an archic term for southern or southerner. The Scots used it to refer to the English, and the It was a popular way of describing people from the Conferderate states of America. It's just not really used anymore.

The show probably just went with the more common term to avoid confusion.

'It is known' - No it's not because we don't know!

'I am the Blood of the Dragon' - Are you still here Dany? I stopped caring about you and your Dragons after AGoT.

'Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold' - Sure ruined that sentenced with putting in the end smack bang in the middle of it.

'Broke their fast' - I though that was an interesting way of saying 'breakfast', but after a few times it got really annoying.

'Reek, Reek, rhymes with...' and 'where do whores go?' have the potential to get annoying for me.

'Nuncle' I don't particularly mind.

'What is dead may never Die' I though was irksome at first, but great to like it.

'You know nothing, Jon Snow' I tolerated, just about.

'It is known' - No it's not because we don't know!

'I am the Blood of the Dragon' - Are you still here Dany? I stopped caring about you and your Dragons after AGoT.

'Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold' - Sure ruined that sentenced with putting in the end smack bang in the middle of it.

'Broke their fast' - I though that was an interesting way of saying 'breakfast', but after a few times it got really annoying.

'Reek, Reek, rhymes with...' and 'where do whores go?' have the potential to get annoying for me.

'Nuncle' I don't particularly mind.

'What is dead may never Die' I though was irksome at first, but great to like it.

'You know nothing, Jon Snow' I tolerated, just about.

Have you now? Your username suggests otherwise.

Almost a man/woman grown when stated by an 8 year old kid. No, you're not even close to adulthood.

My username is me being 1 of 3 sons (I have two 2 brothers). It's just a username I used before and I just remembered it from ages agao, nothing to do with ASoIaF. Just a coincidence :)

It can easily be seen as a reference to the Undying's prophesy though. ^_^

"Wherever whores go"-SHUT UP ALREADY.

"I am the blood of the dragon", "All hail Daenerys Stormborn, mother of dragons, blah blah blah"

Whoops, forgot to add:

"Who are you?"

-"No one"

-"You lie"

Good thing Arya only had about 3 chapters in Feast. Any more, and I would have thrown the book out the window.

Southron Is an actual word. It's an archic term for southern or southerner. The Scots used it to refer to the English, and the It was a popular way of describing people from the Conferderate states of America. It's just not really used anymore.

The show probably just went with the more common term to avoid confusion.

Thank you for telling me. Do you know the pronunciation? My point was that it could have been used to show cultural/regional differences but it was dropped. I think there are other words that suffer the same fate but southron was the only one I could think of.

Being able to express your annoyance does make you happier though.

Yes, yes it does!

Archived