How will you watch the series?

doityourself.com

I assume most will watch each episode as they are released, but are any of you taking a different route? Last season I found myself unable to start season 2 until it was half way through. It was actually a nice experience because I could watch episodes back to back and have events fresh in my mind.

While I'm a bit too impatient to try that again this season, I can definitely see the appeal in letting a few episodes build up before you start. The main problem I see is spoilers on things like Facebook, which feels ridiculous to say given that I've read the books and know where the story is going, but I know not everyone has.

I will watch every week. Feasts shall be planned, and numerous bottles of vodka will be consumed. Green plants shall be ground down and rolled into cigarettes.

I could never wait for the season to finish to watch them all in a row, but I do agree that is the best way to watch a tv show. That's how I did the Wire and Sopranos, and with shows that complex, you need to do back to backs to see plot lines most people miss. I rewatch GOT so much that it stays fresh though.

I will watch every week. Feasts shall be planned, and numerous bottles of vodka will be consumed. Green plants shall be ground down and rolled into cigarettes.

I could never wait for the season to finish to watch them all in a row, but I do agree that is the best way to watch a tv show. That's how I did the Wire and Sopranos, and with shows that complex, you need to do back to backs to see plot lines most people miss. I rewatch GOT so much that it stays fresh though.

I like you style! I usually replace the vodka with ale but close enough..

Soemtimes though, the problem with the green plant is you see a scene and you zone out into your head thinking about it and when you snap out of it you've missed the next three. Then you rewind and start again. It's taken me 3 hours to watch an ep.

I watched season 1 a few months late (never heard of GoT until I read about it on the internet).

I had HBO for free for about a year and a half because of a new cable contract. So I checked it out. I loved it, watched it again, and maybe 1 more time. Then I bought the DVD last year. I've watched it two or three times since.

By the time season 2 rolled around, I lost HBO halfway through the season, so I had to resort to "other means aka streaming" to watch episodes 6-10. And then last month I bought the season 2 DVD and I watched it once, about to do it again.

As for season 3, I'm going to subscribe to HBO long enough to watch season 3, as it airs. I'll DVR the episodes so I can watch them again.

I'm having cable installed next week just so I can watch season 3. I will watch it religiously every Sunday while enjoying a bottle of wine. I didn't watch the first two seasons until it came out in box set. Actually, I just finished watching the entire season 2, so everything is fresh in my mind. And I'll still order the season 3 box set. I can't get enough!

I will watch the whole season in July, after my finals.

I literally could not bear waiting a whole week to see the next episode. Back to back is the best way :D That means I'll have to temporarily dislike the GoT facebook page to avoid all the spoilers :(

I wish I could wait until they're all released but I just can't hold myself back.

A lot of people will be talking about it too, and although I know the story, parts of the series might differ might be ruined for me.

I don't have HBO so I'm stuck waiting for the season 3 box set.

Surely you jest?

I will download from this thing called the Internet as there is no HBO in Aus, none of the available channels have it up too date, and iTunes has it out one week later.

So, I DL watch with friends, eat, drink, smoke, discuss and then buy the DVDs when they come out because that's the least I can do.

Archived