How will you watch the series?

doityourself.com

My plan was to simply watch Ep 1, and then wait and watch them all in one go before the season finale Ep 10.

Of course there are times when I can't stick to my resolution and I might end up watching 3-4 episodes before halting for good. That's what happened when I was watching Dexter S7 and Homeland S2. But the plan's being successful for The Walking Dead and The Vampire Diaries.

Of course, my resolute towards GoT will be much stronger.

Problem is, GoT is extremely popular on the net, so I'll keep catching stuff I don't want to see by going to the boards, on FB newsfeeds and on popular meme sites like 9gag. Luckily I've read the books so I won't be in for any spoilers.

Surely you jest?

I will download from this thing called the Internet as there is no HBO in Aus, none of the available channels have it up too date, and iTunes has it out one week later.

So, I DL watch with friends, eat, drink, smoke, discuss and then buy the DVDs when they come out because that's the least I can do.

Apparently this year Showtime on Foxtel will be

. Australia seems to be stepping up it's availability. But I don't have Foxtel so I'll be paying the iron price, though I'll make up for it when the bluray comes out, like I do every year.

I live in Australia so the second it comes online for download I'll get it, then a few hours later I'll watch it again on Foxtel. Considering GoT reruns was one of the main reasons I got Foxtel I'd say I may as well.

I'll also hype myself up by marathoning in one day both seasons on DVD and Blu Ray respectively. Even though I've read all the books (and the first three twice) I'm so damn excited. This last week of school is near painful for the wait.

I'll watch episode 1 the moment it airs on HBO (I subscribe to HBO only during GOT/TrueBlood season) and then watch the episode again as soon as it's over. I usually end up rewatching most episodes when people come over during the week who don't get HBO. I'm rewatching seasons 1 & 2 now in anticipation :drool:

I do not understand how someone could not watch the first airing of each episode! Last year I hit 100 mph on the way home from a family event just to make it on time. I get my snack and drinks and settle in for the best hour of my week. Then when the credits roll... I usually watch it again!

I'm gonna hold off until S3 finishes, but it's too tempting. I'm trying to distract myself with other shows and anime, but it's gonna be tough. 10 weeks sure is a long wait. But it'll be more than worth it. I guess I'll have to avoid the forums as well because of spoilers (as if I don't know what'll happen) and the urge to discuss, argue and praise.

I usually download each episode in HD quality right after it has been made available on on some filehosting service or other. No BitTorrent for me, I don't trust those ... it is not exactly cheap because I have to buy premium account for those three months, but it's worth it to me. Besides, GoT is not the only thing I may want to download during that time.

Seriously, what does HBO expect fans to do ... the DVDs for season TWO weren't available in Germany until a few weeks ago.

I decided to support HBO despite having all the episodes on my HDD and bought the DVDs for season 1 , only to find out that the DVD drive in my laptop couldn't handle the copyright protection on the DVDs and I couldn't even watch them! Ah well.

I usually download each episode in HD quality right after it has been made available on on some filehosting service or other. No BitTorrent for me, I don't trust those ... it is not exactly cheap because I have to buy premium account for those three months, but it's worth it to me. Besides, GoT is not the only thing I may want to download during that time.

Seriously, what does HBO expect fans to do ... the DVDs for season TWO weren't available in Germany until a few weeks ago.

I decided to support HBO despite having all the episodes on my HDD and bought the DVDs for season 1 , only to find out that the DVD drive in my laptop couldn't handle the copyright protection on the DVDs and I couldn't even watch them! Ah well.

The S2 DVD wasn't available anywhere until a few weeks ago...Lol

I'm gonna hold off until S3 finishes, but it's too tempting. I'm trying to distract myself with other shows and anime, but it's gonna be tough. 10 weeks sure is a long wait. But it'll be more than worth it. I guess I'll have to avoid the forums as well because of spoilers (as if I don't know what'll happen) and the urge to discuss, argue and praise.

Not to spoil anything, but you will be spoiled. Something is going to happen this season, that will be over the whole internet. Fb will be full of it, any other social media etc.

Not to spoil anything, but you will be spoiled. Something is going to happen this season, that will be over the whole internet. Fb will be full of it, any other social media etc.

I have to agree, its impossible to avoid these things. Case in point, Walking Dead finale totally spoiled before I watched it, and I wasn't even anywhere near a fan site!

Which is why I'll avoid FB and sites I usually go to like 9Gag and reddit. Still, I've read the books twice, so not much can be spoiled for me. I know the RW will most likely take place in Ep 9, which is perhaps the biggest spoiler.

But I know what you mean. I did the same thing last year but I saw images of White Walkers on the web before I started my Season 2 marathon.

I record and then watch two episodes at a time. This is not done by choice. I have a weird work schedule that means I have to. If I tried watching during my week on, I would not enjoy it because I am just too tired

I will watch each episode as it comes. There is no point in waiting as I have already read all the books.

I subscribed to the premium HBO channel HBO Defined. They won me over after showing the latest episode just 12 hours after the US airing.

Archived