What historic Stark interests you the most? Why?

izembaroo

For me its Torrhen Stark...the man knelt and submitted his pride and honour to Aegon the Conqueror instead of engaging in battle. All to save the thousands of lives that rode beneath his banners, id say that deserves all the honour in the world.

How about everyone else? any bran the builder fans? Artos?

Let's hear it!

Rickard Stark, Ned's father. Lady Dunstin's comment about his "southron ambitions" was one of the most intriguing bits of ADwD. It's just odd to think of the head of the Stark family maybe being a real player in the game of thrones on purpose.

Oh so many...

King Bran the Builder--->Because of the magic he used

King Brandon Shipwright--->Because he loved the sea and the kind of father he was

King Brandon The Burner---> For the love he had to his father

King Brandon Ice Eyes---> For his nickname

King Edderion the Bridegroom---> For his nickname

Torrhen the King Who Knelt---> For the love he has for his people

Brandon Snow---> For unkown reasons

Lord Brandon The daughterless---> For his story

Brandon the Wild wolf

I would also like to know about Cregan Stark. I know Brandon and Arya both wanted to fight the crown prince but I don't know the circumstances for Cregan vs. Aemon the Dragonknight.

Brandon Stark the Wild Wolf I want to know more about the most. He seems hot and is very similar to Arya. I want more.

Brandon Ice Eyes.

Agreed on the Wandering Wolf Rodrik Stark. Why did he want to go to Essos?

Brandon the Shipwright to learn more about the Stark's naval power.

Brandon the Burner to know what he was thinking when he burned up the fleet. Did he go mad or was it just impulsive?

Whichever one was the NK.

Brandon the Bad and Benjen the Bitter.

Theon the Hungry Wolf. I know he liked war and I'm guessing killing.

I too have pondered a lot on Torhenn Stark, but I view him in the opposite way to the original poster. I view him as a sad failure. Forever to be known as the King who Knelt.

As opposed to the Yellow Toad of Dorne, who dared the Targaryens to bring their lizards if they had the courage. A 70 year old woman had more courage in the face of death than the King of the ancient North.

In any case, I sincerely hope there is more to Torhenn's decision than just choosing the pacifist option. I retain hope that a prophecy played a role in his decision. But it seems likely to be a unfulfilled hope.

I guess to answer the original question, more information on any of the Pre-Targaryen Stark Kings would be most welcome.

I too have pondered a lot on Torhenn Stark, but I view him in the opposite way to the original poster. I view him as a sad failure. Forever to be known as the King who Knelt.

As opposed to the Yellow Toad of Dorne, who dared the Targaryens to bring their lizards if they had the courage. A 70 year old woman had more courage in the face of death than the King of the ancient North.

In any case, I sincerely hope there is more to Torhenn's decision than just choosing the pacifist option. I retain hope that a prophecy played a role in his decision. But it seems likely to be a unfulfilled hope.

I guess to answer the original question, more information on any of the Pre-Targaryen Stark Kings would be most welcome.

While I agree with you that what Torhenn did was cowardice, weak and a faillure in general I think that he may have done it to prevent a Field of Fire in the North because he loved his people.

Archived