Who is Quaithe ?

Golden Lady

I just read a thread on these forums about Quaithe....someone said she was Dany from the future....while I didn't like this idea....there were several others that were making me more curious about it....one theory...her red laquered mask is made of wierwood and someone is controlling her through her mask...lol..a little crackpottery, but I liked it anyway.

Also proposed was the mask was to hide someone we already knew..I would post a link but I am new and do not know how.

I just read a thread on these forums about Quaithe....someone said she was Dany from the future....while I didn't like this idea....there were several others that were making me more curious about it....one theory...her red laquered mask is made of wierwood and someone is controlling her through her mask...lol..a little crackpottery, but I liked it anyway.

Also proposed was the mask was to hide someone we already knew..I would post a link but I am new and do not know how.

Thank you for the info. I like the crackpot isea. The one I like the most is that she uses the mask because is someone we already know.

Who is she ? What are her intentions ? Is she good ? Is she evil ? Is she a character we already know ?

What do you think about her.

This has been discussed before, some people think she's Ashara Dayne or Shiera Seastar. You should look up the threads and scroll through them.

In the books, isnt Quaithe only seen by Dany? I find that weird...

Maybe she's cuckoo like her daddy? Though Quaithe was seen in Qarth, though only in Qarth by others. Could be she still sees her because Quaithe is a shadowbinder and she managed to touch Dany's wrist.

Maybe she's cuckoo like her daddy? Though Quaithe was seen in Qarth, though only in Qarth by others. Could be she still sees her because Quaithe is a shadowbinder and she managed to touch Dany's wrist.

Others did see Quaithe... Ok i thought it was just Dany.

Someone had a crackpot about Quaithe being Shiera Seastar but im not sure i buy that one. But with Bloodraven still sorta alive....

I find this particular line pretty suggestive:

“Quaithe?” Dany called. “Where are you, Quaithe?”

Then she saw. Her mask is made of starlight.

Martin, George R.R. (2011-07-12). A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (p. 936). Bantam. Kindle Edition.

See here.

In the books, isnt Quaithe only seen by Dany? I find that weird...

Naw, she's seen by Jorah and Rakkahro (or whatever her faceless dothraki's name is). The Dothraki told Quaithe to remove her hand from Dany when they were watching the fire ladder thingamajig.

Quaithe was visible to others in Qarth, and appears to be invisible to others besides Dany elsewhere. It is speculated she was physically present in Qarth, and perhaps communicating via glass candle elsewhere.

Most ASOIAF experts are also in agreement that she is Gerrion Lannister.

I posted this on another Quaithe thread, this one seems more alive though so I'd love to know what you think.

Here's some world-class crack-pottery for you. What if Quaithe & Mel represent a schism or split in the Church of R'hllor? What if Mel has gone rogue, outwith the control of mother church, convinced that Stannis is AA? What if, like the Night's Watch, the red lot are sworn not to interfere (with AA, PtwP etc)? What if Quaithe thinks that Dany is AA/PwtP & (possibly with the blessing of the church, possibly not) is "interfering" in a more acceptable way? What if I stop posing questions? What if indeed.

ButcherCrow, I don't get the impression she is a red priest, simply because every one of those we have met tends to spout off lines related to R'hollor theology every other sentence, and all but Thoros (who is Friar Tuck) seem to engage in frequent evangelism.

If Quaithe was a R'hollorite, we would have heard her talking some Lord of Light jivetalk voodoo. We haven't.

Archived