Littlefinger's next move

Golden Lady

Down the hall, to get some mead.

But seriously, well none knows. The plan he outlined for Sansa might be true, so he needs leverage against a Harry who rules the Vale and to get Sansa's marriage annulled (in which he might have succeed already).

I'd guess he'll also need to win the Riverlands' bannermen somehow.

Other things are rather hazy. He plans to get SR killed, but he might not do it until Sansa has a few kids, preferably of his own, although he'll make them pass as Harry's. If Rickon is revealed beyond the Neck, or Robb's will revealed, he'll need to act - which means plotting either Jon or Rickon's death, or a civil war between Starks.

The 'Third Queen' might refer to Danny, but I don't think so. She's too much of a wildcard for him. OTOH, LF seems to enjoy and benefit from wildcards.

Tying together the North, the Vale and the Riverlands.

As of right now, he is there to mobolize the Vale. They are like a secret wepaon at this point. An untouched army, though they may only want to fight for Sansa, not Littlefinger

His current design is to get a grip on the Vale, which is well underway. (Buying Waynwood debt, charming some, killing others, etc.) If he marries Sansa to Harry, that extends his influence into the North.

But he refers to "taking Cersei out of the game sooner than I had planned." He's still got friends in King's Landing, and obviously still has some measure of influence there. This should be obvious anyway, since he could never present Sansa without making sure the Lannisters in KL are somewhat subdued, them being rather upset with her in the aftermath of Joffrey's death.

The interesting thing is that Littlefinger's avowed plan makes more war unavoidable. Even if the Cersei and Jaime are neutralized in the South, are the Boltons just going to lie down in the North? Of course not. Once he reveals Sansa, and she marries Harry, LF's plan is for the Vale to team up with some portion of the Riverlands/the North to wage war on the Bolton traitors and retake the North for the "lone" Stark heir. More war = more chaos = more opportunities for LF to seize. His current plans make these designs necessary, so it seems that his next move is to sow more discord and continue to be an opportunist.

Something I never understood about AFFC is how is he going to marry Sansa to Harry? It sounded like at the end when he's explaining his plan that he'd marry Sansa as Alayne to Harry and then later reveal her to be Sansa and the Vale would help her take the North back.

Wouldn't a marriage be invalid if you used the wrong name/identity? Does Lady Waynwood know who Sansa is? It seemed she didn't since LF was talking about how much he had to pay her to approve of the marriage. Won't Harry have to know she's Sansa otherwise he might be upset that he was deceived and might not support her? I'm assuming this marriage will be somewhat public so how are they going to fool everyone at the Vale?

Littlefinger, like all of Westeros and players of the GoT, is going to have to decide what to do about Aegon. Stannis seems set up to defeat the Lannister-backed Boltons in Winterfell and the North is about to have Rickon to rally around. Aegon is about to take Storm's End and has already had some success at Griffin's Roost and a bunch of other castles on the coast. With Tywin and Kevan dead, Cercei imprisoned awaiting trial, the Dornish on the way to KL and the Tyrells in charge of King's Landing means Littlefinger needs to decide if the Lannister cause can survive or if he needs to switch sides to Aegon.

Something I never understood about AFFC is how is he going to marry Sansa to Harry? It sounded like at the end when he's explaining his plan that he'd marry Sansa as Alayne to Harry and then later reveal her to be Sansa and the Vale would help her take the North back.

Wouldn't a marriage be invalid if you used the wrong name/identity? Does Lady Waynwood know who Sansa is? It seemed she didn't since LF was talking about how much he had to pay her to approve of the marriage. Won't Harry have to know she's Sansa otherwise he might be upset that he was deceived and might not support her? I'm assuming this marriage will be somewhat public so how are they going to fool everyone at the Vale?

LF said at the wedding ceremony he would have the dye washed from her hair, and wear the cloak of her house, revealing her as Sansa Stark.

LF said at the wedding ceremony he would have the dye washed from her hair, and wear the cloak of her house, revealing her as Sansa Stark.

I see. I remember reading about the reveal, just must have forgot it was at the wedding ceremony. So Harry and probably Lady Waynwood will know ahead of time.

Down the hall, to get some mead.

But seriously, well none knows. The plan he outlined for Sansa might be true, so he needs leverage against a Harry who rules the Vale and to get Sansa's marriage annulled (in which he might have succeed already).

I'd guess he'll also need to win the Riverlands' bannermen somehow.

Other things are rather hazy. He plans to get SR killed, but he might not do it until Sansa has a few kids, preferably of his own, although he'll make them pass as Harry's. If Rickon is revealed beyond the Neck, or Robb's will revealed, he'll need to act - which means plotting either Jon or Rickon's death, or a civil war between Starks.

The 'Third Queen' might refer to Danny, but I don't think so. She's too much of a wildcard for him. OTOH, LF seems to enjoy and benefit from wildcards.

there also the small fact that he's drunk furing his speech

Getting past first base with Sansa.

true true

Littlefinger's next move will be to die. In TWoW I believe his scheming will finally come back to haunt him and he he executed.

i thin k LF will die in the middle of the next book

I see. I remember reading about the reveal, just must have forgot it was at the wedding ceremony. So Harry and probably Lady Waynwood will know ahead of time.

like i said at the forst quote LF was drunk when he told that

Littlefinger is not one to be content with just one next move he is probably working on multiple next moves in multiple places. His spy network seems to be vast since he seems to know more about what going on then anybody not named Varys so I can see him using this network in multiple kingdoms securing allies , gathering information and preparing for the day he is ready to make his moves. I wish I knew what his ultimate plan is but I'm completely in the dark about it but I've always felt that the Freys are in his crosshairs. They are his biggest rival in the Riverlands, attacking them would garner him a lot of goodwill from the Riverlords and the Vale Lords and Northern Lords and just about anybody else in Westeroes not named Frey. They are also very rich and the Twins would be a huge prize if captured and they did kill Catelyn Stark which has to mean something to Littlefinger.

Littlefinger is not one to be content with just one next move he is probably working on multiple next moves in multiple places. His spy network seems to be vast since he seems to know more about what going on then anybody not named Varys so I can see him using this network in multiple kingdoms securing allies , ...

LF has a small(VERY BIG!) problem: his spy network is compromised (the imprisoned kettleblacks!)

Not necessarily, and Lady Waynwood and pretty much the entire Vale sans the Littlefinger lords (Targaryen Loyalists, for the most part) and Lysa wanted to join the Starks in the first place.

Littlefinger sends Harry the heir, and all the Lords who hate him most and love the Starks to reclaim Sansa's birthrights. Harry the Heir conveniently dies on the trip, but I think Littlefinger actually does try to keep little Robert alive, in order to control the vale. Then he marries Sansa, and he's got three kingdoms in his pocket.

Or at least that is his current plan. changing circumstances will change his plan. He's Petyr Baelish.

Just want to put this out here, We have had the Purple wedding where our beloved Joffrey was poisoned, We had the Red Wedding where gods forbid that stark fellow was taken out of action, the question is how will the ah .... grey wedding? go wrong, and which key player will die during it. Weddings are Georges 'secret' code for progressing the plot via the death of a main character. HOWEVER it wont be Sansa, as in every other wedding it has never been a viewpoint character who dies. Personally, I think its good old Littlefingers turn.

Well LF said that he wished to reveal Sansa's identity to all the lords in The Vale at the wedding and this will probably be a move to win over The North and it could work considering Rickon's survival is not yet known to the Northern lords. LF doesn't have much influence in The Riverlands and I doubt he would rely on them much if he intends to start a new rebellion through Sansa Stark.

The problem is that we don't know what LF truly plans and this makes any move of his hard to predict.

Just want to put this out here, We have had the Purple wedding where our beloved Joffrey was poisoned, We had the Red Wedding where gods forbid that stark fellow was taken out of action, the question is how will the ah .... grey wedding? go wrong, and which key player will die during it. Weddings are Georges 'secret' code for progressing the plot via the death of a main character. HOWEVER it wont be Sansa, as in every other wedding it has never been a viewpoint character who dies. Personally, I think its good old Littlefingers turn.
Harry, fetch me a block? :P

Archived