Is Rickon the future King in the North?

BurDoc725

Knowing that GRRM admittedly provides no POV's from kings, will the unsung Stark eventually rise to power? I doubt he has any shot at the Iron Throne, but being the King in the North is another story. Maybe he's part of this whole Northern conspiracy we've speculated so much about. There's probably already been some theories about this so I apologize if this is the case.

I am absolutely certain Rickon will be Lord Of Winterfell by the end of the series -- I've gone on record several times on this forum officially predicting the epilogue chapter of the final book will be set in the future when Rickon is all grown up with children of his own and ruling Winterfell in his own right.

Whether he will be ruling as Lord of Winterfell/Warden Of The North or King in The North, however, I can't tell. Either seems equally likely.

Unless GRRM outdoes himself as a troll, most probably. What's the point of Rickon's existence otherwise?

NEVER underestimate his trolling capability! :unsure:

no. Rickon will be Lord of Winterfell and Stannis will be his king, because "one god, one realm, one king" ave Stannis!

Fire consumes but ice preserves.

Rickon is definitely the last hope to make the Stark line carry on, but I don't see him being KotN. Is there any possibility that Jeyne may have a son from Robb? I'm pretty sure Jaime had her checked, but not positive.

I think Jon will be King of the North and Rickon will be Lord of Winterfell and Jon's heir until as son is born to him. But something that until recently I never really thought about occurred to me. A lot of people seem to think or at least suspect that there won't be an Irone throne by the end of this series, but If you really think that then don't you also have to ask will there be a Northern Kingdom? I mean the Others are about invade and I imagine their initial invasion will be succesful followed by their eventual defeat in the second battle of Dawn, but it doesn't seem all too good for the North as they will be hit hardest by the Others. Not only is the north already pretty shaken up from the WOTFK but it's winter now so if it snows during the summer in the north what the hell happens to the north in the winter? Add the likely possibility of the Others tearing down the wall and rogue wildlings invading as well, the North looks pretty fucked. So is there really a better chance of the Irone throne being destroyed than there is the northern kingdom being obliterated? The north has already been through so much...

Archived