What dragons are comming to eat Shireen?

Ice Turtle

“I had bad dreams,” Shireen told him. “About the dragons. They were coming to eat me.”

The child had been plagued by nightmares as far back as Maester Cressen could recall.

Do you think Sireen's dreams are prophetic?

Aegon/Connington want to kill all Baratheons, I think that Dany would do it too, but they are so far away. As are literal dragons. The only dragon near Sireen is Jon Snow, could it be him?

Daeron dreamed of literal dragons.

"I'm not stupid, ser." Egg lowered his voice. "Someday the dragons will return. My brother Daeron's dreamed of it, and King Aerys read it in a prophecy. Maybe it will be my egg that hatches. That would be splendid."

Drogon has a taste for little girls. I think it's the stone beast that was mentioned in the Undying though.

Given that she has Targaryen lineage and they have the whole "dragon dream" thing going on, I'm going to say that yes Shireen's dreams and prophetic, but refer to figurative dragons, not literal ones. Whether that refers to Aegon, Bloodraven, Daenerys or Jon, who's to say.

Total crackpot nonsense, but there's all of this theorizing about Bran eating Jojen's bloody paste. There's Stannis tossing bloody leeches into a fire. Wonder if Mel would go so far as to feeding Jon with leeches filled with Shireen's blood. That would be a dragon eating her.

Shireen is Stannis's sole heir, the last heir in the Baratheon line, Stannis has already given the command to have a huge sellsword army raised and they are to fight for her in the event of his death. Her dreams are that she is eaten by dragons could mean that Stannis dies and she is the rightful heir, making her a threat to be eliminated.

Given that she has Targaryen lineage and they have the whole "dragon dream" thing going on, I'm going to say that yes Shireen's dreams and prophetic, but refer to figurative dragons, not literal ones. Whether that refers to Aegon, Bloodraven, Daenerys or Jon, who's to say.

I would not say prophetic, though that may be the case. Intuitive dreams are more likely the case, many people in the real world have them.

Isn't patchface potentially a targ?

And Melisandre is afraid of him.

What if Jon turns evil?

I feel so sorry for Shireen. :(

I'm going to have nightmares of Patchface eating Shireen now... thank you for traumatizing me for life D=

If Connington is Patient Zero for a greyscale outbreak, a serious one, Shireen's is likely to come out of remission. In which case it could be Jon, trying to mitigate losses.

Is there a thread for this? I tried looking online but I can't find anything; was it mentioned in the books?

(Sorry for going off on tangent.)

Is there a thread for this? I tried looking online but I can't find anything; was it mentioned in the books?

(Sorry for going off on tangent.)

NP, there's a few, it looks like, all have some informative posts in them if you scroll through.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81103-what-role-will-greyscale-play-in-the-coming-books/

There's a post in ^ one by the always informative tze:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81103-what-role-will-greyscale-play-in-the-coming-books/page__st__20#entry4122731

I can actually see another Dance Of The Dragons taking place between those who have Targaryen blood:

Dany

Aegon

Shireen

In the end Aegon feeds Shireen to a dragon (Though I honestly dont know he gets one). Then Dany beats him I guess.

Unlikely, I know

• 6 months later...

This could be crackpot, but maybe Melisandre in desperation, sacrifices Shireen to wake the stone dragon, as Shireen's greyscale has come out of dormancy and she is going to die anyway.

A cracker pot came to my mind recently. What if Shireen was interpreting her dream wrong? What if the dragon is coming to kiss her? A dragon's kiss can easily be mistaken by its bite. So is it possible that the dragon is coming to kiss her, maybe heal her from greyscale? Historically there is a strong myth about the king's hand having healing power.

Would that foreshadow Shireen will marry Jon and be his queen?

Edit: I noticed a great parallel between Shireen and Ursula Leguin's Tehanu. Tehanu also called Therru is a half burnt child. I dont remember exactly but she had dreams of a Black Dragon coming for her. In the end the oldest dragon Kalessin (The Black Dragon) came and saved her.

Isn't patchface potentially a targ?

I'm going to have nightmares of Patchface eating Shireen now...

Heh, that's quite a picture.

I was thinking at some point that the marks of greyscale on Shireen's face were somehow reminiscent of dragon scales. Could that be that this illness is going to return, Shireen feeling that "dragon" exterior grabbing more and more of her?

On the positive side, could that be that "waking stone dragons" is going to be somehow related to the persons having greyscale, but not yet dead? Perhaps they're going to be cured? or reappear after death as dragons?

Archived