how long did it take you to get hooked

MindAsh

My brother bought the italian translation of the 3rd part of ASOS (yes, it was split in 3 here in Italy) unaware that it was part of a larger series. When he found out he bought the books in regular order, and then gave them to me. took me 20 pages to become a die-hard fan XD Starting from AFFC I've read only the English versions

I started watching the show this past March. Finished the first two seasons in two days. The day after finishing the second season, I ordered the paperback box set. My ADoD just came in Monday, but I haven't cracked it yet. But as far as how long it took, 1 hour. :smoking:

I bought all the books when the first season of the show started. I got about 150 pages into AGoT and just put it down because it felt more like a chore than reading for pleasure and I couldn't get into it. I picked it up again a couple weeks ago (I'm a slow reader) and it is like looking at it with new eyes because I am thoroughly enjoying it. Which I find a bit strange because, try as I might, I've never been much interested in the high fantasy genre

definitely after the execution of Ned Stark. Everything changed after that, i had to take couple days off from work and finish the books. it was pass mid night when i finshed reading ADWD and i was pissed off at the rediculous clifehanger ending, i throw that big book from my 3rd floor apt and went to bed, but couldn't sleep after a couple hrs i went outside n got the book back again.

My brother made me watch the show and I got hooked on the show and had too many questions so he gave me the books. I got hooked once they introduced all the direwolves and fell in love with them especially Ghost and Summer. Who was not rooting for Summer when he was howling and it seemed his howling was what was keeping Bran alive. Then when Summer bolted into Bran's room and ripped out the would be assassins throat and just plaintively went to rest on Bran's bed like it was no big deal? I was like go Summer... I also liked Robb's reaction and stating Summer is not to leave Bran's side. i liked it when Bran woke up and the first thing he did was hug and name his wolf. How precious was that?? I did not think I would like the book, but I do and love that we can theorize about about anything because no one is fully safe in this world. Although, I love the Starks and hate that they have all the crap laid upon them even stuff they had no part of.

Watched the tv series, and then got impatient and moved to book 3, book 3 was awesome so i read books 1 and 2, and then moved onto 4 and 5 and ever since 5 ive been lurking XD

I had to read all the books before the first time I went online for it was the only way to enjoy the show. And I've never regreat the freedom that comes from knowing no one can spoil me.

Archived