Watch, Watched, Watching: Spring Edition

RedEyedGhost

Rewatched Hot Fuzz today, still makes me laugh hard. Didn't realize the Hound(rory mccann) was in this :laugh: he looks funny with a shaved head.

Watched Blade Runner(final cut) for the umpteenth time. I can see why this film didn't do too well when it first came out, its a very ambitious piece of work IMO & most people I recommend it to still don't get it.

Rewatched Hot Fuzz today, still makes me laugh hard. Didn't realize the Hound(rory mccann) was in this :laugh: he looks funny with a shaved head.

Yarp.

Apparently Kristian Nairn auditioned for that role as well, obviously he didn't get it but the casting director remembered him and later cast him as Hodor in GoT.

Walder Frey is in Hot Fuzz as well, as the incomprehensible farmer with the arsenal of weapons.

I love Hot Fuzz. Those two have yet to make a movie together that I didn't really enjoy, at least the ones I have seen(may have made more that I don't know about).

Rewatched Batman Begins, probably my favorite origin movie(Iron Man 1 comes close). The first hour is very solid and entertaining, from then its just good. I loved seeing the early Batman/Gordon interactions, it makes you appreciate how far they've come by the time you watch TDKR.

Wet Hot American Summer is on tv right now. I fucking love this movie, just so happened to start watching when they took their hour-long trip into town.

Saw it for the first time when, during my first summer working as a camp counselor, we watched it as a staff. Which is pretty much, and we treated it this way, a god-damn right of passage if you ever worked at a summer camp. It details what it's like being a camp counselor in the most exaggerated way, there is the drinking, the weed, the sleeping around with other staff, and of course the chase scene between person and motorcycle.

Not only that but it brought the likes of Paul Rudd, Ken Marino, Michael Showalter, Amy Poehler. Bradley Cooper, Christopher Meloni, and H. Jon Benjamin as a can of mixed vegetables all together in one awesome movie.

I'm just really hoping they go through with the prequel.

A lot of people will think I'm joking here, but this is genuinely worth a watch for a different perspective on Danny Dyer.

Shows him in a different light and will hopefully change a few minds. Very self aware, full of sadness, but grateful for what he has. Don't believe the stereotypes.

Started to re-watch Twin Peaks today. Too busy to marathon it like I want to but man

I love Twin Peaks so much it hurts~

I'm looking forward to my first watching of Twin Peaks, which is due to start soon. I'm just gonna wrap up the current show I'm watching, and then move on to the creepy, wood lumbering murder mysteries.

Watching Borgia (not to be confused with THE Borgias) and it is getting really addicting despite a few overdramatic annoying characters. Just about done with season 1 after taking in 3 episodes last night. I would like to watch The Borgias just to see the differences in the treatments of the characters.

Just watched the finale of Carnivale, Season 2. I just loved this show; captivating, story, lovable memorable characters, interesting setting, haunting atmosphere, great build-up, mystery. Except one or two moments it didn't go over the top either which, given the subject of the plot, is a small miracle. Still, I'm glad there are only 2 seasons since I fear they might have spoilt it if they continued.

Although I felt that the first season was a step above s2;

I think that they shoudn't have made Brother Justin an evil incarnate; he made for a better character when he was doing evil things believing them to be necessary for the greater good. Also, I didn't quite get why he raped Apolonia; it happened long before his Face Heel Turn, in time when he still believed he was doing God's work and will. Reportedly, he was obssessed with her, but why? Not sure if it escaped me, or whether the explanation simply wasn't included. Was that supposed to be a shout-out to Frollo and Esmeralda, or what? lol

For the record, I saw Chocolat. Just delightful.

It is uncanny how remarkably similar our tastes are. This was a fantastic movie.

I watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World last night. Although I didn't find it particularly good, it was compelling enough to enjoy and hit all of the right notes that I would want to see in this kind of movie. I was surprised at the chemistry that Steve Carroll and Keiry Knightly had.

Archived