College Basketball Tourney 2013: 60 down, 4 to go

Rhom

This I can agree with! Goodness, I cannot stomach Clark Kellogg. He is so annoying!

Anyway, throwing my Ls up here reppin' for the Ville! L L L

I love my Cardiac Cards, but they are not good on the nerves. I'm going to be a sick mess come 9:23.

Here's my question for Cards fans; everyone is justifiably excited about both the men's and women's team making the final game.

But... in a moment of honesty, if the men lose and the women win; will you still be excited? :lol:

Also, let me just take a moment to comment on how gawd awful the court at the women's Final Four is. Paisleys do not belong on a basketball floor! :tantrum:

Since this is the only thread and we have touched on it.

UConn looked pissed last night in the 2nd half. ND made a comeback, but then got taken behind the woodshed. The last three games were all last possession, triple OT games...this one was an 18pt blowout. If they played like that against Baylor it would have been a similar result. I think UL goes 1-1 in championship games this week.

Here's my question for Cards fans; everyone is justifiably excited about both the men's and women's team making the final game.

But... in a moment of honesty, if the men lose and the women win; will you still be excited? :lol:

Also, let me just take a moment to comment on how gawd awful the court at the women's Final Four is. Paisleys do not belong on a basketball floor! :tantrum:

I'll be honest. It'll be bittersweet. But also, as much as it would hurt if we were to lose tonight. I just absolutely love this team and for them to get to the final game and give us a shot at championship is just awesome. We've been waiting 27 years just to have a chance. So that's pretty darn exciting.

I'm really excited about the women's team too and if they don't win, most of them are coming back next year. So it's gonna be good next year too! I'm really looking forward to taking my daughter to some of their games since she's finally showing some interest in Louisville Basketball. She's reppin' her Red & Black at school today!

That court was just weird. I think it would make me confused if I was playing on it.

Since this is the only thread and we have touched on it.

UConn looked pissed last night in the 2nd half. ND made a comeback, but then got taken behind the woodshed. The last three games were all last possession, triple OT games...this one was an 18pt blowout. If they played like that against Baylor it would have been a similar result. I think UL goes 1-1 in championship games this week.

You know, I'm not much into women's basketball generally; but I do like Skylar Diggens. Hate to see her go out like that. UConn looked like the Huskies of old last night in their relentlessness. UofL will have their work cut out for them.

Agree. And Kellogg still doesn't know what a charge is. It was the same when Ohio State got that win earlier. (Don't remember who that was... Second round? Think it was Craft who took the charge?)

That was against my Cyclones. Thanks for reminding me. My blood pressure was almost back to normal, and we can't have that now can we?

That was against my Cyclones. Thanks for reminding me. My blood pressure was almost back to normal, and we can't have that now can we?

On the bright side... they are unlikely to replay it every March from now to eternity and then declare it the greatest play in the history of college basketball EVAR.

:lol:

Here's something interesting. Ken Pomeroy looked at the ages of Michigan compared to two previous champs Kentucky and UConn.

Average team experience, weighted by playing time:

2013 Michigan: 0.73 years (342 out of 347)

2012 Kentucky: 0.77 years (340 out of 345)

2011 UConn: 0.94 years (332 out of 345)

So where are all the stories talking about how young Michigan is?!!? :rofl:

Also, going back to our McGary conversation; at least one mock draft has him firmly in the first round.

I think UL goes 1-1 in championship games this week.

I think this will happen too. I think the men will get it tonight and the women will lose. The UConn women looked really good last night and I think the U of L women have only beaten them once. Ever. I think the Louisville women may have a good shot next year, if they can adopt the same attitude they did here at the end of next season.

I think this will happen too. I think the men will get it tonight and the women will lose. The UConn women looked really good last night and I think the U of L women have only beaten them once. Ever. I think the Louisville women may have a good shot next year, if they can adopt the same attitude they did here at the end of next season.

Hard to think of yourself as David when the rest of the country thinks you're Goliath!

Here's something interesting. Ken Pomeroy looked at the ages of Michigan compared to two previous champs Kentucky and UConn.

Average team experience, weighted by playing time:

2013 Michigan: 0.73 years (342 out of 347)

2012 Kentucky: 0.77 years (340 out of 345)

2011 UConn: 0.94 years (332 out of 345)

So where are all the stories talking about how young Michigan is?!!? :rofl:

Haven't seen any stories per se, but I'm hearing a lot of pundit conversation about how they were the youngest team in the field, so it's getting attention.

Also, going back to our McGary conversation; at least one mock draft has him firmly in the first round.

His ascent up the ranks has been downright Dontae' Jones -ish. Let's hope his pro career ends up being more successful, though!

I thought the best refs were supposed to work the championship game?? Please, tell how the hell John Higgins is working the game tonight. Look for at least one technical foul to be called, and inconsistency on both ends of the floor and from half to half. Goddamn it.

I thought the best refs were supposed to work the championship game?? Please, tell how the hell John Higgins is working the game tonight. Look for at least one technical foul to be called, and inconsistency on both ends of the floor and from half to half. Goddamn it.

Quick REG: John Higgins v. Scott Drew

Who ya got?

Quick REG: John Higgins v. Scott Drew

Who ya got?

Scott Drew can live - his ineptitude leads to easy wins (eta: against crazy talented teams that should be difficult), he's just a shitty person. Higgins makes easy wins very difficult. Fuck that guy.

Archived