College Basketball Tourney 2013: 60 down, 4 to go

Rhom

Stat of the day - Bill Self is 8-0 against Michigan. I like it!

Keep to yourself, REG. I'm glad I can't see the game now, This is bad, bad, bad.

Yeah, sorry. You guys got a really tough draw, and I wish we had been meeting up next weekend instead of today.

The Bilas sound bite played over and over on ESPN radio on my drive back today was a general complaint about UCLA firing Howland. His comment was that Howland has three Final Fours and the rest of the Pac12 coaches combined have one.

Been trying to figure it out and all I can come up with would be Montgomery when he was at Stanford. Is that correct? Was he there back in 98? :dunno:

The Bilas sound bite played over and over on ESPN radio on my drive back today was a general complaint about UCLA firing Howland. His comment was that Howland has three Final Fours and the rest of the Pac12 coaches combined have one.

Been trying to figure it out and all I can come up with would be Montgomery when he was at Stanford. Is that correct? Was he there back in 98? :dunno:

Yes: 1986-2004

ETA: Looks like Florida has it all wrapped up now. Minnesota was pesky there for awhile.

Whew, things got a little shaky there in the second half, but we were able to fend them off. Nice bounce back from Rosario, who got benched for much of the second half in the first game for missing a block out. He was on fire all game tonight. The beginning of the second half gave me angry flashbacks to several of our losses this year though, and Murphy picking up his 4th foul with 12 minutes left worried me. I think we were lucky that Andre Hollins picked up his 4th soon after.

Go Gators. Sweet 16 now 3 years in a row.

Football? Do they have football now or are you messing with me? Foosball is the devil Bobby Bouchet! :lol: We are Florida Gators for football. :D

Let's just say there's a reason the student union sells t-shirts that say "george washington football: undefeated since 1972".

Anyway, go FGCU! Lots of fun to watch.

Incredibly sloppy first half - 9 turnovers (we average 11 per game), nonexistent perimeter defense, and yet we're only down by 2 at half.

If we can play as solidly in the 2nd half as we have this entire tournament season, we'll be in good shape.

They made me miserable yesterday but have to say Florida Gulf Coast is a ton of fun to watch. Like any 15 seed, they don't have any size, but it doesn't matter because they're noticeably a lot more athletic than most Cinderellas I can think of. Is it weird to think they're like the baby LA Clippers? Great PG play throwing alleyoops all day to a bunch of leapers.

I don't see any reason why they can't keep this going into the Elite 8.

Wow! First time a fifteenth ranked team makes it to the Sweet Sixteen. That is awesome. Now, we better be prepared for this, most unexpected, match. I wish they weren't playing each other. What are the chances? This town is dying over this team. DYING. :D

Can't quite put this team away. Every time we go on a little run, they answer. Plus, naturally, we're 7-15 from the line (although only one was an airball, so there's that).

I remember you talking about your guys' poor FT shooting during the season. Hopefully it won't come back to bite you.

Illinois-Miami has been pretty good.

I remember you talking about your guys' poor FT shooting during the season. Hopefully it won't come back to bite you.

It's mostly Holloway and Buckner, and teams will mercilessly hack them at the end of games due to that.

Holloway could be a 20 and 10 guy if he could shoot 80%.

Archived