Small questions v.10004

Angalin

If Pycelle is such a House Lannister guy, why didnt he go to Cersei right after Margaery asked for moon tea instead of waiting and trying to avoid the answer when she asked him?

If Pycelle is such a House Lannister guy, why didnt he go to Cersei right after Margaery asked for moon tea instead of waiting and trying to avoid the answer when she asked him?

I get the impression that the moon tea wasn't intended as a contraceptive, but for some other medicinal purpose, and Cersei just jumped on it when it suited her purposes. Note how she cut off the rest of the sentence, which probably was him saying it was for something else entirely, or for one her maids.

Questions: Must a weirwood tree have a face for a greenseer to be able to "see" anything? I just wonder if they can still see using a weirwood stump or an object made of weirwood.

"It's said that the Old Gods only have power where the heart tree faces can see." From the Wiki: http://awoiaf.wester...ld_Gods#History

I assume it applies to greenseers also.

EDIT: Typo.

Why is Jorah referred to as Jorah the Andal? His seat is in western side of the north. Since Andals never conquered the north, shouldn't he be one of the first men?

I think you've gotten the most likely answers, but I've always wondered (maybe this is crackpot) if the Mormonts weren't Andals and came to the North later (kind of like the how the Manderly's did).

We know that Bear Island wasn't always apart of the North until one of the Kings in the North won it in a wrestling match and gave it to the Mormonts. We also know that Jorah is a Knight (knighted by King Robert on Pyke), so he is probably a follower of the faith of the seven, or at least not as strictly old gods as the Starks and other Northmen who are clearly First Men are.

I could be way off here (and maybe there is evidence against it), but I've wondered this before...

I think you've gotten the most likely answers, but I've always wondered (maybe this is crackpot) if the Mormonts weren't Andals and came to the North later (kind of like the how the Manderly's did).

We know that Bear Island wasn't always apart of the North until one of the Kings in the North won it in a wrestling match and gave it to the Mormonts. We also know that Jorah is a Knight (knighted by King Robert on Pyke), so he is probably a follower of the faith of the seven, or at least not as strictly old gods as the Starks and other Northmen who are clearly First Men are.

I could be way off here (and maybe there is evidence against it), but I've wondered this before...

Yeah, that's why I thought they were real Andals, too. No knowing where they came from if it was gifted to them. Plus there's been no mention yet of weirwoods on Bear Island, I think?

(I remember now. The argument was about the Mormonts yes or no being wargs, so do they sleep with actual bears versus just really hairy men. I said the gift of skin changing came from the First Men, and Jorah was referred to as an Andal.)

Why is Jorah referred to as Jorah the Andal? His seat is in western side of the north. Since Andals never conquered the north, shouldn't he be one of the first men?

The Dothraki call Westeros Rhaesh Andahli "the land of the Andals." So, being a Westerosi knight, Jorah would be Jorah the Andal. (Chapter 3, AGOT)

Hey, does anyone know why lysa Arryn writes that help-seeking letter to Winterfell while Robert Baratheon and his household visit them? Why is she accusing Cersei and the lannisters? All littlefinger? Thanks!

Petyr. She says (just before he shoves her out of the Moon Door) that she sent the message for him. She poisoned her husband for him. So she and her Petyr could be together at last.

Truth: Petyr wanted to be together with Catelyn at last and needed to eliminate her inconvenient husband. The message from Lysa accusing the Lannisters of murdering Lord Eddard's foster father made it a matter of honor for him to find out who and why and see the murder was punished. Once in Petyr's home court, Ned's death was only a matter of time.

Questions: Must a weirwood tree have a face for a greenseer to be able to "see" anything? I just wonder if they can still see using a weirwood stump or an object made of weirwood.

"The singers carved eyes into their heart trees to awaken them' date=' and those are the first eyes a new greenseer learns to use… but in time you will see well beyond the trees themselves.” [/quote']

Bloodraven talking to Bran after eating the Weirwood seeds

What is Jaime's kindness from the quote, "I find it passing odd that I am love by one for a kindness I never did and reviled by many for my finest act"? This has bugged me for so long but I can not figure it out. It makes me feel dumb lol. He's referring to something with Cersei, right?

What is Jaime's kindness from the quote, "I find it passing odd that I am love by one for a kindness I never did and reviled by many for my finest act"? This has bugged me for so long but I can not figure it out. It makes me feel dumb lol. He's referring to something with Cersei, right?

The fact that Tyrion thinks he really bought Tysha for him, and set the whole thing up.

Archived