How will Dany receive Tyrion?

Many who believe in the A+J=T theory believe that once Tyrion gets to Dany and one of her dragons takes a liking to him (a la Brown Ben) she will simply do the same.

I don't think that it will be that simple. Firstly Tyrion is part of the family that killed her brother's children(we all know how much she despises the Usurper's dogs), also we know that Barristan bears no great love for Lannisters as well. The fact that he's keeping company with Brown Ben is also going to work against him I think.Also I dont think her prickly nature will allow her to to tolerate his satires.

Then theres this interesting passage in ACoK

The cream-colored dragon sunk sharp black claws into the lions mane

Does this foreshadow Viserion taking a liking(being the most docile dragon) to Tyrion or perhaps even killing him? :)

Either way, I don't think their meeting will go as smoothly as many people expect.

Many who believe in the A+J=T theory believe that once Tyrion gets to Dany and one of her dragons takes a liking to him (a la Brown Ben) she will simply do the same.

I don't think that it will be that simple. Firstly Tyrion is part of the family that killed her brother's children(we all know how much she despises the Usurper's dogs), also we know that Barristan bears no great love for Lannisters as well. The fact that he's keeping company with Brown Ben is also going to work against him I think.Also I dont think her prickly nature will allow her to to tolerate his satires.

Then theres this interesting passage in ACoK

Does this foreshadow Viserion taking a liking(being the most docile dragon) to Tyrion or perhaps even killing him? :)

Either way, I don't think their meeting will go as smoothly as many people expect.

Well, Tyrion killed Tywin and is accused of killed Joffery. So he has that going for him. I also suspect he has a plan that will be a huge help for Dany. I don't think she'll trust him, but she'll probably give him a chance.

Tyrion is a wealth of information on several subjects of great interest to Dany:

-Dragons!

-The current rulers of the 7K, as well as the leaders of the Great Houses in general

-How to win friends and influence enemies

-Pig jousting (?)

Tyron's big mouth ill be also crucial in Dany learning the truth about Aerys.

My guess is: Upon seeing Tyrion, Dany goes "Usurper's dog burn him with fireeee!"

Tyrion says something to the effect of "like daddy, like daughter, mad as hatter"

This does nothing to improve Dany's temper, but Barristan finally unloads the story of Aerys II on her to save the Imp (esp. if Imp and 2nd sons help him in the battle).

After that Dany either implodes or finally comes to grips with the Targaryen heritage - and not only the good bits.

Judging by the spoiler chapters

it seems that Tyrion will be the one receiving Daenerys, easy to imagine that after the battle that he will be the one in charge of the government, running Meereen by the time that Daenerys gets home.

it seems that Tyrion will be the one receiving Daenerys, easy to imagine that after the battle that he will be the one in charge of the government, running Meereen by the time that Daenerys gets home.

Something about that whole scenario gets me thinking about Lann the Clever :)

Something about that whole scenario gets me thinking about Lann the Clever :)

Lann the Clever is the other role model there for Tyrion. Sometimes he very consciously channels the spirit of Tywin, but playing tricks on people is a strong part of his nature too.

Part of Tyrion's story in ADWD has been role reversals. From freeman to captive, from captive to equal, from freeman to slave, from slave to Lord of Casterly Rock. Perhaps there will be a reversal from his quest to find to find Daenerys and ingratiate himself with her to her having to ingratiate and bargain with Tyrion.

That could well be the case since there are two rogue dragons on the loose in Meereen and Tyrion is meant to be our dragon expert!

Lann the Clever is the other role model there for Tyrion. Sometimes he very consciously channels the spirit of Tywin, but playing tricks on people is a strong part of his nature too.

Part of Tyrion's story in ADWD has been role reversals. From freeman to captive, from captive to equal, from freeman to slave, from slave to Lord of Casterly Rock. Perhaps there will be a reversal from his quest to find to find Daenerys and ingratiate himself with her to her having to ingratiate and bargain with Tyrion.

That could well be the case since there are two rogue dragons on the loose in Meereen and Tyrion is meant to be our dragon expert!

Didn't at the Barristan chapters reading GRRM said that tyrion is miserable? I saw posters theorising that it is because Vic has stealed his thunder. He was planning how he makes the Second Sons turn to Dany to become the hero to save the day etc etc... But then comes Victarion, and he is the big damn hero there.

Tyrion might be accepted by Daenerys, because she knows she can make use of him. He has great knowledge about the Seven Kingdoms and the current standings of the Great Houses there.

Or he might get a cold reception, and promptly get kicked out of the city or imprisoned. He is a Lannister, after all. And we all know how much Dany hates " The Usurper's Dogs. :rolleyes:

She's kind of a wildcard, so who knows what could happen.

Didn't at the Barristan chapters reading GRRM said that tyrion is miserable? I saw posters theorising that it is because Vic has stealed his thunder. He was planning how he makes the Second Sons turn to Dany to become the hero to save the day etc etc... But then comes Victarion, and he is the big damn hero there.

Or he and the Dragons may not be there when she returns. She has to get all the way to Vaes Dothrak, do shit there and return.

By this point Tyrion, Dragons, Unsullied etc may all be on their way to pledge service to Aegon.

Theoretically if he is part of Barristan Selmy's Council upon returning to Mereen, then perhaps she will have to begrudgingly accept him.

"Tyrion Lannister? LANNISTER?

USURPERSSSSS DAUGGGG DRACARRRYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS!"

the end.

I like to image that she nods to Jorah who then in an attempt to win her favor tosses Tyrion in the air with Drogon snatching him out of the air like a dog with a doggy treat.

But, seriously because he is Tyrion she will probably allow him to live and join forces.

Or he and the Dragons may not be there when she returns. She has to get all the way to Vaes Dothrak, do shit there and return.

By this point Tyrion, Dragons, Unsullied etc may all be on their way to pledge service to Aegon.

Theoretically if he is part of Barristan Selmy's Council upon returning to Mereen, then perhaps she will have to begrudgingly accept him.

But do you think Barristan will accept him? After all he was shamed by Lannisters, so I doubt he will be quick to take him in.

Or maybe Barristan will be impressed with his Battle of Blackwater tactics. :dunno:

But do you think Barristan will accept him? After all he was shamed by Lannisters, so I doubt he will be quick to take him in.

Or maybe Barristan will be impressed with his Battle of Blackwater tactics. :dunno:

Would Barristan even know about Tyrion's role in Blackwater? Seeing wasn't Tywin the one who won all the praise after the battle?

Archived