How will Dany receive Tyrion?

There's only twenty nine billion ways that Tyrion can play this: I've thought about this many times while being bored at work.

Explaining how about how their fathers before the bad blood boiled between them ran the kingdom together in peace for twenty years. Explaining how he's not his brother or father. Tysha, the Red Wedding...

Joffrey's cruel nature and how he was blamed for his death, how his wife escaped but he sat on trial and words failed him but The Red Viper of Dorne championed him for a chance to avenge Elia Martell and her children after FIFTEEN YEARS... (had Dany had that information maybe she would've found a way to make the Frog prince work?), how the Viper poisoned the Mountain (and possibly his father?) but failed to win.

How Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen are all Cersei's and Jaime Lannister's bastards and have no right to the Throne.

How Varys freed him(best to leave out Jaime's name) how Tyrion killed his father for calling his wife a whore.

Dany would probably say "so you came to me with no other choice?"

He could say that he could've gone to Dorne and crowned his niece queen, but she would probably die if he did that, and she's a sweet innocent young girl that doesn't deserve that end. How funny would it be if those knights from Dorne were still around.

He'd explain how he'd been sold as a slave and she saved his life in the fighting pits of Mareen. How ironic it would've been to getting ripped to shreds by the sigil of his house.

That would be the warm up round. Now Dany would probably be wanting to know how he can help her.

Knowledge wits, wisdom. He'd tell her things he has read about dragons, his knowledge of Jaime battle strategy, his knowledge of how her sister thinks. How the seven kingdoms are rip for the taking...

The ace up his sleeve will be him explaining how he young Griff this information and he rode off to the seven kingdoms with the Gold Company.

Who's this young Griff? Your dead nephew Aegon. (WTF?) The boy was just a babe and his head was half smashed in. Her sister was recognizable and her mother but the baby? Who could really tell. How the boy was hiding on a pole boat, learning from a half maester, a very attractive soiled septa and a knight master at arms. His fake father was Jon Corrington, the Lord of Griffon, former hand of the king that your father exiled. Tyrion will probably admit that he cannot know for sure if Aegon is truly a Targaryen, he has the look, and he can be raised to show their anger when provoked.

The fact that he convinced a Targaryen to go raise the dragon banners and start fighting to win the Iron Throne instead of coming to her with a beggar's bowel has to at least be a little convincing that he's a cleaver little imp.

~~~~~~~~~

The biggest strike against him is that Quarthe warned that he was coming and to trust no one.

I think that Tyrion wil be the one to reveal to Dany what is going on with Aegon, her nephew (depending upon whether or not Aegon is a fake, lol).

Dany will also warm to Tyrion, because he will likely bring her Big Bear Jorah Mormont back to her, and she will forgive him. Based on all that she has seen since, and how much she has grown up, I forsee Jorah fighting for Dany's host again.

Tyrion will not be a dragonrider because he cannot even mount a horse without a special saddle. Good luck getting that saddle on a Dragon. LOL

Tyrion will have to deal with Ser Barristan and Victarion long before she comes back to Meereen. Moqorro (is that his name?) will most likely play a role as well. Tyrion will be involved in the whole mess and he will prove once again what a useful Imp he is. When Daenerys comes back she will have to face "faits accomplis", he will be too important to kill.

By the way, I have a feeling that Meereen is going to suffer a mass destruction of some kind. Ironborn are bad news for anyone...

Tyrion will have to deal with Ser Barristan and Victarion long before she comes back to Meereen. Moqorro (is that his name?) will most likely play a role as well. Tyrion will be involved in the whole mess and he will prove once again what a useful Imp he is. When Daenerys comes back she will have to face "faits accomplis", he will be too important to kill.

By the way, I have a feeling that Meereen is going to suffer a mass destruction of some kind. Ironborn are bad news for anyone...

Since Quaithe warned Dany of Moqorro's coming, don't you think him(Moqorro) knowing Tyrion could jeopardize things for our Lion of Lannister :dunno:

This thread is highly influenced by people liking Tyrion Lannister. He is in the eyes of Ser Barristan Selmy a man of less then no honor, he is actually a man of no honor, and he has a track record of evil Dany will know about. Dany did hate Tywin but not Joffrey, and even hating Tywin why would she be up for commiting political suicide?

Please put yourself in Dany's shoes

Tyrion benefits

Nill, he has nothing, owns nothing, will alienate her from the only reliable supporter she has from Westeros and her greatest human asset (Ser Barristan) will be absoutely unwelcome in every square inch of Westeros; you know because the Faith and peoples morality doesn't aprove of kin slaying without a massive army of thousands.

Drawbacks

Her cause becomes a cause of Parricide

Her cause endorses nephew slaying

Her cause alienates the faith by having a known parricide and nephew killer in the vanguard

Unless Ser Barristan loses his battle she alienates herself from him just after he massively proved his worth

Ser Jorah is brought back by Tyrion, you know the man she banished and told she will execute if she sees again.

He is proud of said kinslaying which annoys everyone he brags to

He is a womanizer so another annoying trait for Dany to deal with

He thinks he knows best and is at best obnoxious; again how charming he will be to Dany

His only advice that he thinks Dany should be given is a guide on how to wage total war; charming poison the water your people will rely on for survival and agriculture once it is all over but what are a few or even ten thousand smallfolks when you could make the siege of Mereen more expensive for people with the manpower to carry water am I right?

He married Sansa Stark

His relationship with females; he has just killed a defenseless prostitute. Dany's justice is arbitrary but she cares about justice

He will kill people who the crown owes money to......what a wonderful reputation for a queen of a land in debt to everyone

He will bankrupt Casterly Rock leaving nobody the crown could borrow money from

He will need to call in the crowns debts during the start of winter making any person on top in an untenable position; but with his charming company why not pawn off the throne itself the dragonbones the crown jewels etc.....Viserys loved needing to sell his mothers jewels for food and he turned out so well.....

Tyrion is a mountain of trouble if he ends up advising Dany it is plot armor.

For fear of giving spoilers he may need to deal with another named problem like say Victarion

My main hope here with these two:

let fun be had.

I want to be entertained so much by whatever eastern alliance forms that it makes up for all the awkwardly spent time waiting for them all to meet.

(Marwyn)! (Moqorro!)

Let's not have more of these tortured chapters just for the sake of having their interactions be "plausible."

It'd be more fun if some key phrases were dropped by the characters early on and they get right to the turbulent personal fireworks up front.

Then, seeing the real version of each other, they can start to groove with each other all the sooner, with more awesome chapters and less chapters spent waiting for the awesomeness to begin.

"You're fiesty / firy...... well so am I. You've got some pieces missing from your conquerer's repertoire, though, here let me fill in the blanks for you. See?" ..."Yeah, okay, that's a pretty hot solution to the meereen puzzle, you ugly bastard." ..."Not a bastard, unfortunately, which is the problem I need your help with.... you see I'd like you to turn me into an orphan, but there's still far too many family members of mine running around above ground who are willing to claim me, or at least claim my head....." "You've gotten off to a great start at making yourself an orphan, from what I hear, but who am I to refuse such an offer--of course you can count on my assistance in this matter. Though I am but a girl who knows little of the ways of kinslaying." "Allow me to instruct, then. Step one: find some kin." [walks over to a cannon filled with meereen corpses]. "Step two:" [fires the cannon, launching the corpses into the air where they are intercepted in mid-flight by the dragons swirling overhead like vultures.]

I'm looking for that kind of dynamic here, George!~

I don't agree with a lot of your list of drawbacks, Ame. I don't think a would-be conquerer like Dany would concern themselves with what their cause "endorses". It's not a political platform but her blood that serves as her only claim to the IT in a land she has no memory of. At any rate, Tyrion's murders were positive developments for Dany. Sure, he killed his father and "killed" his nephew, but they were traitors. As for Shae, Dany might never even learn of that- though Tyrion keeping his mouth shut about it is naturally not a given. Even if she did know of that part of the story her commitment to justice wouldn't prevent her from making use of Tyrion. It hasn't stopped her making use of and allying with other morally ambiguous characters in the past.

And it isn't true that Tyrion brings nothing positive to the table. Killing Tywin crippled the regime in Kings Landing. Tyrion is a very learned and highly intelligent person who has a far more extensive knowledge of what goes into ruling and politics than anyone Dany has with her. It's true that Barristan is useful to Dany as an adviser, but he's also clearly out of his depth with politics and court intrigue. Dany herself is learning more about those aspects of ruling, but she needs a more accomplished helper than she has had thus far. Tyrion can also help fill in some of the gaps in Dany's knowledge about Dragons.

While it's true that Tyrion is almost universally despised in Westeros, that is far from irreversible. The regime that convicted him of assassinating King Joffrey will not be in power forever. The Faith might be powerful now, but that too is not set in stone. The commons are notoriously fickle.

Tyrion's survival and succession to Casterly Rock would not necessarily bankrupt the place. Many of the notes Tyrion signed are likely to be destroyed before payment is demanded, and even so I estimate he pledged less than 1 million dragons.

Dany certainly will not trust him since Quaithe's warning will be clear. But that doesn't mean that Tyrion can't be useful to her.

Since Quaithe warned Dany of Moqorro's coming, don't you think him(Moqorro) knowing Tyrion could jeopardize things for our Lion of Lannister :dunno:

Of course, and furthermore, she has worned Daenerys not to trust the Lion...

But I believe that an awful lot of things will have occured before they meet and by then, Tyrion will have found a way to be indispensable.

I don't agree with a lot of your list of drawbacks, Ame. I don't think a would-be conquerer like Dany would concern themselves with what their cause "endorses". It's not a political platform but her blood that serves as her only claim to the IT in a land she has no memory of. At any rate, Tyrion's murders were positive developments for Dany. Sure, he killed his father and "killed" his nephew, but they were traitors. As for Shae, Dany might never even learn of that- though Tyrion keeping his mouth shut about it is naturally not a given. Even if she did know of that part of the story her commitment to justice wouldn't prevent her from making use of Tyrion. It hasn't stopped her making use of and allying with other morally ambiguous characters in the past.

And it isn't true that Tyrion brings nothing positive to the table. Killing Tywin crippled the regime in Kings Landing. Tyrion is a very learned and highly intelligent person who has a far more extensive knowledge of what goes into ruling and politics than anyone Dany has with her. It's true that Barristan is useful to Dany as an adviser, but he's also clearly out of his depth with politics and court intrigue. Dany herself is learning more about those aspects of ruling, but she needs a more accomplished helper than she has had thus far. Tyrion can also help fill in some of the gaps in Dany's knowledge about Dragons.

While it's true that Tyrion is almost universally despised in Westeros, that is far from irreversible. The regime that convicted him of assassinating King Joffrey will not be in power forever. The Faith might be powerful now, but that too is not set in stone. The commons are notoriously fickle.

Tyrion's survival and succession to Casterly Rock would not necessarily bankrupt the place. Many of the notes Tyrion signed are likely to be destroyed before payment is demanded, and even so I estimate he pledged less than 1 million dragons.

Dany certainly will not trust him since Quaithe's warning will be clear. But that doesn't mean that Tyrion can't be useful to her.

Even allowing for heavy casualties against Ser Barristan when the siege is relieved even if Dany's forces lose, and heavy casualties in Westeros; the vast majority he pledged was to officers and I think he gave all of it; I didn't add it up if you did then I will yield the bankrupting casterly rock point.

The benefits of killing Tywin and Joffrey (who he didn't kill) have already happened; Dany has taken gifts without giving anything in return before; she took the unsullied and killed the slavers and kept her dragon. About his extensive knowledge you can't wear that like armor. He is coming as a loser in Westeros who was heir to Casterly Rock Hand of the King and Master of Coin who blew it. In politics in Westeros like anywhere else losing doesn't always reflect on the intellect of a loser; but people generally don't have that high a regard for a loser. I have learned from other experiences not to use modern examples but historically a lot of historical losers are considered to have been unapreciated in their own time.

I just don't see Dany alienating everyone and reminding everyone she is the mad kings daughter as well as Rhaegar's sister by publicly displaying parricide and kinslaying as her small council. Think of the scandals that would happen if people knew what Qyburn did or if Old Walder were to be named hand of the king.

Even a conqueror needs to find a political solution; Caesar's conquest of Gaul was only complete when he settled it with the tribes and created a system of Roman Rule the Gauls could agree to.

Tyrion would be very useful to her. From him she can learn all sorts of things, such as what awful things Tywin did to her family, etc.

If she asks him why he slew his own father, and he decides to tell her, she'll be likely to sympathize with him.

He'd likely set her straight on a few things that he knows about the various noble families.

Also remember, he got to meet Aemon Targaryen on the wall, an account of which would fascinate her.

I suspect he'll keep his knowledge of "Aegon" as a card to play later.

As well, he may decide to neglect to mention how he first saw Jorah entertaining himself before Jorah captured him.

Then again, he may just run his mouth and get in trouble.

-Pig jousting (?)

Speaking of which - if Tyrion learns Dany basically saved him from being eaten by lions, that's a Lannister owing her a big debt.

Tyrion would be very useful to her. From him she can learn all sorts of things, such as what awful things Tywin did to her family, etc.

If she asks him why he slew his own father, and he decides to tell her, she'll be likely to sympathize with him.

He'd likely set her straight on a few things that he knows about the various noble families.

Also remember, he got to meet Aemon Targaryen on the wall, an account of which would fascinate her.

I suspect he'll keep his knowledge of "Aegon" as a card to play later.

As well, he may decide to neglect to mention how he first saw Jorah entertaining himself before Jorah captured him.

Then again, he may just run his mouth and get in trouble.

Speaking of which - if Tyrion learns Dany basically saved him from being eaten by lions, that's a Lannister owing her a big debt.

She will also unite with fan favorites Stannis Baratheon, Jon Snow, and Aegon who will be revealed to be for real and they will all have a lovefest.

He is a man who just lost the game; why would she suddenly decide she needs to learn from him instead of Ser Barristan Selmy right after Ser Barristan won slavers bay for her in a hard fought battle?

As for riding dragons; ehy are people rooting for Tyrion to become a Mary Sue? We hate Mary Sues that's why we are reading ASoiaF.

Daenerys should give each of these guys the Quentyn treatment as they make their way to her, dwarfs included. Keep singing the same song to them all until one of them passes the test:

98 suitors south of the Wall,

98 piles of ash,

take another one down

to dragon town,

soon you'll have

97 seekers of Targaryen gash!

'comes another would-be prince...

see if his crown

shines in the fire

as he roasts on the spit,

or will the high flyers

not melt this one down

but decide he has "it,"

and grant his desires:

to live alongside

the queen of scales,

to go for the ride

and with her prevail,

to be borne aloft on

wings of dragonhide,

or will he be gone....

a princeling dragonfried.

Are you kidding? It's Tyrion, his plot armor is strong and his Mary Sue mighty. He has the power to make everything around him go full retard. After he is done conquering Essos, he will fly back to Westeros an all powerful wizard god on his flying chariot pulled by 3 dragons with his Wife Dany, well one of his thousands of wives. He will sneeze thus destroying the others, take the Iron throne, and Jon will get to be his shoe shine boy and tend to his chamber pot but only because they are friends. Everyone else dies for insulting the vertically challenged, Ghost will make a nice blanket for him, maybe even a pair of slippers too.

Archived