How will Dany receive Tyrion?

Lord Bronn Stokeworth' wrote:

Well, Tyrion killed Tywin and is accused of killed Joffery. So he has that going for him. I also suspect he has a plan that will be a huge help for Dany. I don't think she'll trust him, but she'll probably give him a chance.

======================================================================

Agreed. Dany will always listen to reason, even from a Lannister, if it's this Lannister. His anti-family actions will give Tyrion crediblity with Dany. He can supply her with intelligence (literally) about JonCon and Aegons actions and plans. That might even spur her to put Mereen behind her and head to Westeros. Plus Jorah can put in a good-ish word.

And since when has Tyrion not been able to talk and think himself out of a jam?

Toshio Keepiru,

Do you really think he's figured it out? I doubt any written record of it was kept. :P

No not really but I've read a "Please post serious potential endings of ASoIaF" and as you can guess most of the posts weren't serious at all.

The tone of that thread just colored my speculation. It'd be funny if G.R.R. Martin did write that in and we had a collective instance of WTF?

OMG. That's so true. And not oft considered around here. More oft, we get the assumption that Tyrion won't live to join Danny because of how he treats prostitutes, which seems more wishful than relevant, or that he'll have to cowtow to Dany and perform some kind of hazing ritual to gain acceptance from her. But now that you say it, of course he'll see her as the new Cersei he's traded for! And since he's already hit rock bottom, I don't think he'll allow himself to be driven to drink again by his disappointment with what he finds in Daenerys; since this is his last chance to turn things around,I think he'll be motivated to act quickly to prevent Dany from going down the Cersei path. That whole mentor thing, but with an added sense of urgency. And if there is a conveniently timed "new Danny" emerging from the convictions reached in her final chapter, then she may now be more open to taking on Tyrion as the best counselor around than she would have been previously. Also, I think his hand will be evident in saving the pieces of Meereen by the time she gets back on site. When she inspects the state of things there, Tyrion's worth will likely already be proven. And she'll think "See? This is the kind of rulership tactics I've needed all along but which didn't just come to me through osmosis...... I need a teacher it seems, and there wasn't a worthy one here until now, and it's more important that I learn this stuff than it is to punish this tiny man for a family name he's already disavowed."

Let's hope so. :bowdown: It's time these characters stopped wallowing.

Archived