Hypothetical Movie Castings...

Ladys Shade

The only thing I can think of when I read some of these actors, is that they are WAY too old to play some of these characters. I visited the site that has casted most of the characters: many are spot on (Jack Davenport and Kate Winslet as Ned and Catelyn, Tricia Helfer and Jason Lewis as Cersei and Jaime... brilliant!), some are terrible (Kirstie Alley as Lysa Arryn? Lysa is in her thirties; Alley is nearly 60... puh-lease. And who picked Mary McDonnell to be Lady Tanda? Tanda's an old woman!)

Anyhow, Jack Davenport and Kate Winslet are excellent choices for Ned and Catelyn, though Romola Garai would be a fantastic Catelyn if she were ten years older...)

David Dorfman, who played creepy little Aidan in The Ring, is 14 now and, to me, is the perfect Jojen Reed. As I was reading the books, I kept hearing his voice as Jojen. He definitely is NOT a good candidate for Sweetrobin, as the casting site has him listed...

I think the "Mac guy" Justin Long would be a good Jon Snow... but he's too old...

As long as we're going with Lost actors, how about:

Michael Emerson (Ben) as Littlefinger

Naveen Andrews (Sayid) as Oberyn Martell. Granted, he's a bit darker than how Dornishmen are described, but he's also darker than most Iraqis.

I thought Kevin McKidd as Tywin, but I was shocked to find out that he was born in 1973. So Tywin's out, and he just seems wrong for Jaime. With some hair dye, he might make an Eddard.

I think Michael Emerson would be a great actor for LF. I think the only problem is he is not as attractive physically as I imagine LF.

I do think Naveen Andrews is too dark for Oberyn. He is more of a sandy Dornishman than a salty Dornishman. But like Emerson, he would have the acting down pat.

As long as we're going with Lost actors, how about:

Michael Emerson (Ben) as Littlefinger.

I think he is too creepy to be Littlefinger, whose charm effectively hides the creepiness that he, indeed, possesses... plus he's too old...

Perhaps Joseph Fiennes?

I do think Naveen Andrews is too dark for Oberyn. He is more of a sandy Dornishman than a salty Dornishman. But like Emerson, he would have the acting down pat.

He would also have the hotness down pat. Never forget the hotness. :P

Upon looking at his wikipedia page, Michael Emerson is a bit too old for LF. Oh well.

He would also have the hotness down pat. Never forget the hotness. :P

I've never gotten his hotness. And I don't have a problem saying a guy is hot. But a lot of people seem to think so. I guess killing that other with just his legs in last season's finale of Lose was pretty hot. But not in the traditional sense.

Archived