Best/Worst Named Characters

Rhymes with Chic

Best

1) Harma Dogshead. That is a seriously dark and descriptive comedy name. Any dog pretty much know exactly what they're in for if they cross paths with the likes of one Harma Dogshead. It's a shame she never got to travel... I bet she'd like Ghis.

2) House Stark. A name that cuts to the quick of their identity. It's got all the :| quality of your Neds and Sansas. It's guileless as a summer snow. It's inexorably Northern.

3) Greatjon Umber. What do you do when you have the most common name on the planet? Give it an awesome prefix! I would also accept Bronze Yohn Royce, but a slight point was deducted for that Y.

Worst

1) Doran Martell. Hey, you're from Dorne and your name is Doran. What a helpful mnemonic device.

2) Jaime Lannister. His siblings got the delicious names Cersei and Tyrion and he's... Jaime? It takes me out of the book and puts me in The Babysitter's Club every time. I've since read about Aerith and Bob, so I guess that's how Jaime got saddled with this dud of a name (which is fine IRL), but Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion is a lame sibset. GRRM, meet www.nameberry.com.

3) Ynys Yronwood. Her heirs are Mykylahh, Mykynzyy and Yyxxyyyyy (pronounced Steve) Yronwood.

Beric Dondarrion. Best name ever.

I really like "Arya Stark." Looks awesome, sounds awesome, short and sweet. "Lyanna Stark" sounds nice, too, but it doesn't look as good on the page as "Arya Stark."

I like "Tywin Lannister." It has this majestic ring to it, like "Do not mess with this guy." Jaime Lannister or Tyrion Lannister, eh, but a guy named "Tywin Lannister" will eat you for breakfast.

Best: Theon Greyjoy, Stannis Baratheon, Viserys Targaryen.

Worst: Anything with Yurkhaz, hell, any name from Slaver's Bay ever. Sansa, I just don't like it. Rickon. what are you 6? Blackfish, not very imposing. Euron, selfexplanatory. I can't think of any more but I know theyr'e out there.

i like a lot of the names, mostly those with nice rhythm but i'll name a few

Best:

Arya Stark

Renly Baratheon

Beric Dondarrion

Garlan Tyrell

Rhaegar Targaryen

Theon Greyjoy

Tywin Lannister

Qhorin

Worst:

As said, most Slaver's names

Samwell (sorry, love the character)

Tygett

Qyburn

Aerys

Euron

the cheesiest names have to be Bronn and Mance Rayder.

Seriously the complementary character to Tyrion the "brain" is someone whose name is pronounced "brawn"

And a member of the free-folk (eMANCipated people) who is also the leader of those same Wildling Raiders just happens to be named Mance Rayder.

GRRM should have just named Jon Snow "Ryan Snow"

Archived