Guess who knows where Tysha is . . .

nekrohsis

Eventually he'll be in Braavos

and he'll probably go whoring there, and maybe he'll see the Sailor's Wife and they'll meet, I think at first she'll be mad and will argue

but eventually she'll see that it wasn't Tyrion's fault and that he killed Lord Tywin, in the process she'll forgive him

Eventually he'll be in Braavos

and he'll probably go whoring there, and maybe he'll see the Sailor's Wife and they'll meet, I think at first she'll be mad and will argue

but eventually she'll see that it wasn't Tyrion's fault and that he killed Lord Tywin, in the process she'll forgive him

I agree they'll be a point where Tysha/sailor's wife forgives Tyrion. She's had over a decade in relative peace from tormentors where she's gotten to raise her daughter, although not in the best of circumstances she's at least made the choice to work in a brothel, although it seems there weren't any other favorable choices available to her just like so many other runaways.

I think the story has to get to a point where Tyrion and Tysha at least have a reconciliation, even if Tyrion ends up dying from greyscale or in battle. We are probably going to see another main character die and it feels like this storyline is a setup for a quasi happy ending if the one to die is Tyrion. There's a need in the story to have an heir to Casterly Rock, and if Myrcella and Tommen might die along with Cercei, and Jamie's going to keep staying true to his night's watch vows that leaves only Lanna.

Still think Lanna probably looks exactly like Cercei because of how often GRRM portrays nieces and nephews as resembling their aunts and uncles. And I still think this is how and why Arya hangs out there so much and is friends with the Sailor's wife because she can see something peculiar is going on and is practicing her lying game skills to find out. This is another reason why I think Arya's story will eventually meet up with Tyrion's, because she'll have information she can use to help control him reliably.

No one knows where Tysha is, because Tysha will never show up again.

I agree with you.

And let me tell you how much I like your name since there are so many posters here who advocate revenge, character hatred and who justify killings. Who want "all Freys to die" and all the alleged enemies of their personal favorites end in cruel death.

In short who show the ugliest side of humankind because it's "only" in the web.

No, mine isn't the fury either

I agree with you.

And let me tell you how much I like your name since there are so many posters here who advocate revenge, character hatred and who justify killings. Who want "all Freys to die" and all the alleged enemies of their personal favorites end in cruel death.

In short who show the ugliest side of humankind because it's "only" in the web.

No, mine isn't the fury either

I wholeheartedly agree with you and without reservation, in real life.

Having said that, fiction allows us to live out our thirst for revenge, without causing either physical or psychological damage to anybody.

• 4 weeks later...

Do we know how old Penny is? Could it be that Penny and her brother Groat are actually Tyrion's children? They are dwarfish and named after COINS!

This is a popular theory, but Penny's eyes are brown. Tysha had blue eyes ("Long dark hair and blue eyes you could drown in, and he did"), Tyrion has one green and one black. Westeros genetics are weird, granted, but I very much doubt a brown-eyed child would result from that particular union.

Lanna seems like the most obvious choice for Tyrion's offspring (although I don't know how you get golden hair from white blond/black-haired father and dark-haired mother, but leaving that aside); the age matches up (Lanna's 14 as of AFFC, just about right). My favourite crackpot theory about Tyrion's kid is that it's Podrick Payne, even if he's too young and he already has a fairly detailed backstory (psssh, facts schmacts).

• 4 weeks later...

I've been rereading the series and came to the Cat of the Canals Chapter again. The Sailor's wife/Lanna = Tysha and Tyrion's daughter strikes me as possible but still improbable. I think it's assumed for the sake of the theory that Lanna is the Sailor's Wife's daughter, but it's important to note that this isn't confirmed anywhere in the text. Linked, the theory surrounding the two characters seems to have some support. But considered separately it seems to fall apart. The Sailor's Wife's customs and past only seem to vaguely call up Tysha IMO.

Even if Lanna looked like a Lannister that would not make Arya jumped to the conclusion that she is one given that she ignored the fact that Gendry had Robert's features. She said lots of people have black hair.

I can see this theory being true. But I'm in the camp that hopes he doesn't find out. No good can come of that for either of them.

I think it would be a good tidbit for the reader. And her love is dead. He died to her the day he let his father have his men rape her. After the that he's dead to her. She's mourning for that idea of what love was.

Arya might not have put the pieces together yet. Could think Lanna looks familiar but not quite sure why. How long has it been since she's seen Cersie to compare? 2 years?

Also, just b/c some little people don't hit puberty until later doesn't mean that's all of them.

TSW seems like a red herring to me, the last hope of a desperate man. If Tyrion hears about her from Penny, he will run, not walk, to Braavos, maybe find Arya, but TSW won't be Tysha. It'll just be a fulcrum to set him toward Braavos to meet up with Arya. That is, if Tyrion hears about her from Penny. Basically, this is a dream scenario for Tyrion--he would imagine Tysha is still out there, still in love with him, and has given him a child (the instant family he craves). The irony that TSW is finally the whore that he now knows Tysha never was before the tragedy of their marraige won't be lost on him, and he'll curse the gods for their cruel sense of humor ad nauseam in his travel log. Then, the sleight of hand: no Tysha but Arya Stark.

I totally believe this idea. I find it interesting that in DwD Tyrion starts off being completely obsessed with repeating the question - where do whores go. He asks a fair number of people. But never brings up his obsessive question around Penny. Yet.

Lanna could very well be his daughter, but I doubt he finds out from Penny. Penny isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer to put two and two together and we have no reason to suspect she has started in that brothel in Bravvos, as the brothel they hid in was certainly in Kings Landing since there would be no reason to hide from Cersei advises the narrow sea before she even knows they existed.

Archived