What if R+L=J is wrong how will fans react

The Black Hawk

I highly doubt that this moment will come.

But I would be happy. I really hate the Targs and Jon is too good to be one of them.

I will be happy too. I also dont want the theory to come true for different reasons than yours though :P , but I can't say that this will happen as there is a lot of evidence to it.

Lets see how many fans would react to the biggest question in the story and they answer was wrong

I don't think the vast majority of R+L=J partisans have an emotional investment in the outcome. The evidence points the way it points. If GRRM reveals some other entirely consistent explanation I think most people would be pretty psyched that after several decades and thousands of pages there were still major surprises in the books.

The R+L=/=J partisans IMO are driven by emotion; they don't *want* it to be so (a run through the R+L=J thread will show dozens of people who state that they reluctantly/begrudgingly accept the theory [EDIT: and two people said exactly that while I typed the original post], or say they don't want it to be true). I'm not entirely sure why: some folks hate Targs, I imagine for others its a post-reading subversion of a narrative they came to accept and enjoyed. I don't mean that perjoritavely: people can want they want from the art they invest thought in, but a cold reading of the evidence overwhelmingly points in favor of the theory.

I highly doubt that this moment will come.

But I would be happy. I really hate the Targs and Jon is too good to be one of them.

I think the Targs ,when they were a the height of their power were, cool.

But if Jon isn't the son of Rhaegar I would be disappointed. The only other theory I'd like is Eddard and Ashara

Lets see how many fans would react to the biggest question in the story and they answer was wrong

I think the biggest question is "who will sit on the Iron Throne at the end?"

Most fans don't even question the fact that there's conflicting stories all over Westeros about Jon Snow's mother. They don't care about who Jon Snow's parents are. I suppose people like me that came up with the idea on their own hope that it's true, but I'm not going to be upset if I'm wrong. The more false mothers pop up as books go on, the more obvious it gets to me at least.

Ned is not Jon Snow's father. That is the cherry on top of the icing on the cake.

What makes the question so funny is R+L=J has more evidence than any other theory, it explains who Ned cheated on with Catelyn during the war, why he wouldn't tell anyone who his mother was, even Jon himself. It explains why he doesn't talk about things that happened during KL during Robert's Rebellion. It explains basically every question that could be asked after that. Why did Ned never call Jon his son when thinking about him? What did Lyanna make him promise? What caused the fever to make Lyanna die?

There's no other explanation out there that answers all those questions.

I do wonder though what is the correct answer then? From things that fans have heard, read, seen there is a correct answer out there. What is it?

• i can understand why some people have some dislike for the Targs, but they werent all bad, I feel like everybody has a bad taste in there mouth because of Aerys II and Viserys, Rhaegar wasnt really a scumbag persay, and Dany is gonna restore the Targs dynasty while being a lot better of a person than the afformentioned (while still having the blood of the dragon, which is why she one of the more polarizing characters in the series and one of my favorites)

• i can understand why some people have some dislike for the Targs, but they werent all bad, I feel like everybody has a bad taste in there mouth because of Aerys II and Viserys, Rhaegar wasnt really a scumbag persay, and Dany is gonna restore the Targs dynasty while being a lot better of a person than the afformentioned (while still having the blood of the dragon, which is why she one of the more polarizing characters in the series and one of my favorites)

Maybe the people who most dislike them haven't read Dunk and Egg. We see a couple of assholes there, but most of the Targs seem pretty honourable.

I believe in R+L=J but I also say no matter what Ned is Jon's father so it doesn't matter if R+L=J because Ned will always be Jon's father

Interesting....Lyanna is Jon's mother and Ned and Rhaegar are Jon's father...s?

I'm sure you mean in an emotional way.

Archived