Favorite single moment?

In His Cups

Ah too hard to choose!

Probably have to go with Theon taking the plunge with Jeyne Poole, though, I think I literally pumped my fist afterwards!

Honorable mentions:

Jon somehow defending the wall, pushing the frozen barrels off of the wall, naming Pyp and Grenn in charge

Dany taking astapor

Jamie jumps in

Theon giving Jeyne Poole the pep talk

Stannis arriving out of nowhere to bail out the night's watch

When the wights attack Bran Meera Jojen and Hodor

ahhhh too many!

My favorite scene is Meera and Jojen's speech to Bran at the Harvest fest in A Clash of Kings.

The scene was beautiful: the two slight Reeds dressed in their unusual clothing, walking through a crowded room of loud people that are all strangers to them. The Frey's are mocking them and they kneel and give Bran the most beautiful speech in the whole book. They were so brave and the words were so heartfelt and noble.

"My Lord of Stark. The years have passed in their hundreds and in their thousands since my folk first swore their fealty to the King in the North. My Lord father has sent is here to say the words again, for all our people.

To Winterfell, we pledge the faith of Greywater. Hearth and heart and harvest we yield up to you, my Lord. Our swords and spears and arrows are yours to command. Grant mercy to our weak, help to our helpless, and justice to all, and we shall never fail you.

I swear it by earth and water. I swear it by bronze and fire. We swear it by ice and fire"

My favorite chapter is Jon's 2nd the the last chapter in A Dance with Dragons. It's the one where the wildlings and old races are coming through the Wall. It was SO exciting :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but

Arya killing The Tickler

Is there GOLD in the VILLAGE? Where is LORD BERIC? How many MEN DOES HE HAVE? How many KNIGHTS? IS THERE GOLD IN THE VILLAGE?

Stab stab.

That whole thing was just beautiful to me. (I am NOT insane, honest)

BTW the quotes are from memory, sorry if not entirely accurate.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but

Arya killing The Tickler

Is there GOLD in the VILLAGE? Where is LORD BERIC? How many MEN DOES HE HAVE? How many KNIGHTS? IS THERE GOLD IN THE VILLAGE?

Stab stab.

That whole thing was just beautiful to me. (I am NOT insane, honest)

BTW the quotes are from memory, sorry if not entirely accurate.

I really like that scene too. It's very vivid for me as well, and a good mix of emotional, badass, and character development-y.

Sadly, it probably won't be in the show since Jaqen killed the Tickler. :crying:

How has no one mentioned this yet?!?

Seven, Brienne thought again, despairing. She had no chance against seven, she knew. No chance, and no choice. She stepped out into the rain, Oathkeeper in hand. “Leave her be. If you want to rape someone, try me.”

Brienne = Badass. That is all.

Archived