Davos will switch!

Ok so I was in work the other day just doing my usual mundane work and i got thinking about what might happen when/if Davos returns from Skagos with Rickon and shaggy. I'm assuming that to return from Skagos will take sometime especially with the winter closing in. My thinking is Davos and Rickon will have built a very strong relationship by the time they get back to manderly or wherever davos chooses to go, a relationship very much like a father and son, Davos lost sons of his own and we all know what happened to Rickons dad so it would be perfectly natural that after a period of time and once trust has been built davos would become very protective of young Rickon. Bare with me here....so once we have them returning and news reaches stannis that Davos is alive and has the possible heir to Winterfell how do we think Stannis will feel about this??? Personally i think that Stannis will feel betrayed by Davos and think maybe that davos had this planned all along. I know it would suit Stannis to have a Stark in winterfell especially a young one he can mould into his thinking but just maybe Stannis mite get a little bit jealous when he sees the northmen bend the knee and proclaim Rickon the new King in the north, Davos will have to choose Stannis or Rickon!!.....please post your thoughts on backing up or debunking my theory, i havent massively thought it all through so im pretty sure someone will tear this to shreads. be gentle!!

Interesting idea with the fatherly bond, and Davos' lost sons. I really like the idea that he will feel the need to protect Rickon.

The Stannis from previous books would know that Davos did it to get the Manderlys which was his task but who knows how Stannis would react now, he's been through hell this last book and it may not get much nicer in the time leading up to Davos return, but i cant see him reacting too badly, especially if a Rickon King in the North grows close to Davos because Stannis will be outnumbered. He may remove him as hand though

We saw Davos is kind of heart when it comes to the children(sending Edric Storm away is a good example I think). But even if he succeeds, can Rickon trust him? Davos is going to Skagos with the hopes of rallying the North for Stannis after all. And I don't see Northern families claiming Rickon the King in the North after what Stannis did to them. Stannis wants their support yes, but he's trying to gain it. If he succeeds against Boltons and Freys, I think North will help him heartily.

I like the idea.Intersting Davos keeps talking about his sons and he only knows Devan at this point.When he meets with Rockon a wild scared child he might connect him with his little ones.(stannis and the other one steford or something)We know he doesn't really knows them very well and Rickon might take their place at Davos heart.But Davos wouldn't change sides unless another burning is involved.

i don't really think that the north will proclaim Rickon as King of the North. They still remember what happened to the last one and Lord Wyman wants Stannis king. So taking in consideration the northern conspiracy theory so will many other important houses. In their eyes Stannis saved and retrieved the true Lord of Winterfel.

i don't really think that the north will proclaim Rickon as King of the North. They still remember what happened to the last one and Lord Wyman wants Stannis king. So taking in consideration the northern conspiracy theory so will many other important houses. In their eyes Stannis saved and retrieved the true Lord of Winterfel.

Exactly. And Stannis being new Night's King theory doesn't really seem plausible to me.

Lord Wyman claimed he PERSONALLY will support Stannis. On the other hand... He is in Winterfell, behaving like a man on a suicide mission (after all even when talking to Davos he is "what the hell, my son is back, whatever happens to me is of no importance, I'm old anyway...)

On the other hand Northmen remember and if a NW figure reminds them "Stannis helped us when you were sitting at home", they may listen. At the very elast this rgument would smash their protests against Wildlings in the realm ;)

Everybody you forget NORTH REMEMBERS!!!!.Look at the facts Ned killed because of a lie and after Red Wedding do you think North wants to be tied to IT again?IT lost all his good press by having a part in Red Wedding and people still remember what lannisters did to targeryan children.North knows only one King and his name is STARK.North can't be tied to IT even if Jon sits the throne but the fact is there will be injustice against north unless they rremain indepented.

Seriously, stabbing the one guy who cared about you in the back, way to go! This goes for Davos and for the entire north, the first was raised up from dirth, the last was saved from it's arch enemies by Stan.

Sure, I believe Stannis himself will become evil- sad and awesome combined- in that case, Davos and the North will rally to Rickon, no problemo.

But, if they betray Stannis, just used him as a tool, well if that's wat the North is like, the Red Weding was the very thing they needed! In that case I vote for Lord too fat for the next Reek! Talking like this almost makes me like the Freys and Boltons.

Seriously, stabbing the one guy who cared about you in the back, way to go! This goes for Davos and for the entire north.

Davos saved Stannis at stormsend, Davos suggested if i'm correct to help the NW against the wildlings. Everything Stannis does is suggested by the people around him i.e melisandre and davos. If Stannis was left to his own devices he wouldnt be a kick off the arse like joffery, the man's insane and he will turn on Davos at some point

We saw Davos is kind of heart when it comes to the children(sending Edric Storm away is a good example I think). But even if he succeeds, can Rickon trust him? Davos is going to Skagos with the hopes of rallying the North for Stannis after all. And I don't see Northern families claiming Rickon the King in the North after what Stannis did to them. Stannis wants their support yes, but he's trying to gain it. If he succeeds against Boltons and Freys, I think North will help him heartily.

Nah. He's not meant to succeed, but we can't have the Northmen betray him - they're the good guys, after all. What's most likely to happen is either Stannis getting his ass royally handed to him and then saved by Jon/whomever, or winning and having a kick the dog moment so bad, we'll forget we used to root for him and thus the North is free to turn away from him.

Davos saved Stannis at stormsend, Davos suggested if i'm correct to help the NW against the wildlings. Everything Stannis does is suggested by the people around him i.e melisandre and davos. If Stannis was left to his own devices he wouldnt be a kick off the arse like joffery, the man's insane and he will turn on Davos at some point

What books are you reading?

Stan made Davos to what he is, just listening to the people around him makes him stronger! You can't always come up with the good ideas yourselve, Stan knows that and tries to gather good men-Davos- around him. I don't favor Mel, but she brought him victory at some point.

Seriously, stabbing the one guy who cared about you in the back, way to go! This goes for Davos and for the entire north, the first was raised up from dirth, the last was saved from it's arch enemies by Stan.

Sure, I believe Stannis himself will become evil- sad and awesome combined- in that case, Davos and the North will rally to Rickon, no problemo.

But, if they betray Stannis, just used him as a tool, well if that's wat the North is like, the Red Weding was the very thing they needed! In that case I vote for Lord too fat for the next Reek! Talking like this almost makes me like the Freys and Boltons.

Almost? :P

What books are you reading?

Stan made Davos to what he is, just listening to the people around him makes him stronger! You can't always come up with the good ideas yourselve, Stan knows that and tries to gather good men-Davos- around him. I don't favor Mel, but she brought him victory at some point.

yeah burning people to appease a god. great idea. Davos made Stannis what he is...ALIVE!! once again i'll state that Stannis is clearly insane and if you believe considering burning your brothers bastard a sane thing to do, then im worried for you.

yeah burning people to appease a god. great idea. Davos made Stannis what he is...ALIVE!! once again i'll state that Stannis is clearly insane and if you believe considering burning your brothers bastard a sane thing to do, then im worried for you.

Stannis has done some amazing things (eg his battles, NW etc) But I thought he was a fruitcake as soon as he cut Davos' fingers off... For saving his life?

Don't get me wrong, he's a extraordinarily interesting character, I just think he's a tad nutty. To any musical fans out there, he remind's me of Javert. 'I am the law and the law is not mocked.'

Stannis has done some amazing things (eg his battles, NW etc) But I thought he was a fruitcake as soon as he cut Davos' fingers off... For saving his life?

Don't get me wrong, he's a extraordinarily interesting character, I just think he's a tad nutty. To any musical fans out there, he remind's me of Javert. 'I am the law and the law is not mocked.'

fantasic character i love reading his chapters. he's nuts though lol.

Archived