Davos will switch!

War topic: Stannis will most likely lose Northerners south of Twins, Northerners are anxious to see Frey's burn and their bastion minced into dust, I had a crackpot idea of removing every stone from castles at Twins and reinforcing Moat Cailin with them, meanwhile sending 3 pairs of similar stones to KL, CR and RR saying "This is what remains of your Twins, The North Remembers". After the Twins, Stannis will atleast have half of Northerner force, most likely the ones that were the latest to join and ones from GG and MM(Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont), Mallister men and thats how we pursue onto RIverrun. I don't really count on merceneries just yet.

Davos: Man is too good to betray Stannis unless the shit really hits the fan. Rickon however needs fostering and Davos instead of Manderly or other possible usurpers of Reagent role is most ideal option. It sounds too good on the plan, but I don't see Davos coming out of his ship all of a sudden for a child, unless something really bad happens.

War topic: Stannis will most likely lose Northerners south of Twins, Northerners are anxious to see Frey's burn and their bastion minced into dust, I had a crackpot idea of removing every stone from castles at Twins and reinforcing Moat Cailin with them, meanwhile sending 3 pairs of similar stones to KL, CR and RR saying "This is what remains of your Twins, The North Remembers". After the Twins, Stannis will atleast have half of Northerner force, most likely the ones that were the latest to join and ones from GG and MM(Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont), Mallister men and thats how we pursue onto RIverrun. I don't really count on merceneries just yet.

Once the Frey's fail to produce Marq Piper, the Pipers and Vances will doubtless rebel.

Davos: Man is too good to betray Stannis unless the shit really hits the fan. Rickon however needs fostering and Davos instead of Manderly or other possible usurpers of Reagent role is most ideal option. It sounds too good on the plan, but I don't see Davos coming out of his ship all of a sudden for a child, unless something really bad happens.

I doubt he will have any. He has another potential king, Jon, who was recently legitimised and proven to be Azor Ahai reborn, to contend with, and why would anyone go south when a swarm of undead ice creatures are marching south?

I doubt he will have any. He has another potential king, Jon, who was recently legitimised and proven to be Azor Ahai reborn, to contend with, and why would anyone go south when a swarm of undead ice creatures are marching south?

We're yet to see how will that develop, for all we know Jon is "dead" and when the invasion will happen. I presume it will be when North is most fragile, and thats when armies go south.

Once the Frey's fail to produce Marq Piper, the Pipers and Vances will doubtless rebel.

weren't few Vances allied with Freys, and didn't virtually all Riverlords gave hostages to KL, some to Jaime himself directly? And what of it?

Stan is the only character comming close to a hero- didn't GRRM stated that?

He will turn evil the way I see it, which is very sad and awesome att he same time. It will depend on how it's written, but I am far from sure that i won't turn evil with him :devil:

If he throws Mel into her fires, would that be considered evil?

If he throws Mel into her fires, would that be considered evil?

You mean sacrificing one of R'hllor's priests in their customary manner? For R'hllor worshipers I don't know if it could get any eviler. It would be like crucifying a Christian priest.

Yes perhaps, but would fans be equally as disgusted?

I cannot hope to predict the fanbase reaction, the very theory is too far fetched IMO. Personally I wouldn't mind it too much but I highly doubt Stannis would do it simply because more than half his army are R'hllor fanatics. Like it or not, Stannis is going to stick with R'hllor and killing his priests is a bad idea. Imagine Axell Florent's reaction or Selyse's.

And back on topic, I also doubt that Davos will turn his cloak, simply because he believes he is the only one who has the power to prevent Stannis from doing immoral things that can in the long run damage his cause for the Iron Throne ( like he stopped Mel from burning Edric Storm ). Davos also has an enormous sense of duty. People like Davos cannot turn their cloaks.

...Except no. It's so illogical it makes me sad. If this is the end it's Bs. WHO WOULD SUPPORT JON AS KING?!

...Except no. It's so illogical it makes me sad. If this is the end it's Bs. WHO WOULD SUPPORT JON AS KING?!

I fully support Jon's claim to Winterfell which was after all Robb's wish, who named him his heir and legitimized him, IF it comes to that. As far as his vows are concerned, a King can release a Black Brother from his/her vows if need be.

As for Davos, he will never switch, like I said in my post above. Not for Jon, not for Dany, not for Aegon, not for anyone. He is Stannis's man, through and through.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the northern lords who support the Starks? There is more logic to supporting a Stark who your current lord (Rickon) supports, who was legitimised and named heir by the king they all loved (Robb) who's only king because it is the best way to defend the realm against a horde of undead ice monsters instead of a king that none of them like who wants to take them south into another war to lose more people while the ice monsters descend upon them in the middle of winter.

As for Rickon why do we assume he is going to be this nice kid. He has lost his parents, been driven from his home, surrounded by death, and is now growing up on Skagos. When Davos gets to him he is going to find and angry blood thirsty boy driven by emotion. Mark my words this is going to be a problem for the North and for Jon when it turns out Rickon is a Joffrey like figure.

Rickon will not be Joffrey Mk II. He will be wild, angry and vicious, but he's also lived a life of privation over the last few years, has been in mortal peril and, most of all, has more than his fair share of courage.

If anything, he'll be a throwback to the old school Starks.. Which is exactly what the House and the North needs at present.

I think Davos is stannis's conscience and if or when Stannis becomes king he won't listen to anyone but Mel. But if Mels Lil foretelling about stannis betraying everything he cares or beliefs in for the throne then maybe ill be Stannis that betrays Davos and forces him to go and fight for someone he believes in.

Everything stannis has gained was due to blood magic, even his own banner men left him for Renly. And he loses them all at KL! And you can't call a full armour charge on hoarseback against rusty swords and half starved wildlings in loose formation a victory. Without Davos and Mel he wouldn't have even been part of the war. They Should rally with the Starks! Mabye not Mel but Starks will take Davos any day!

Everything stannis has gained was due to blood magic, even his own banner men left him for Renly. And he loses them all at KL! And you can't call a full armour charge on hoarseback against rusty swords and half starved wildlings in loose formation a victory. Without Davos and Mel he wouldn't have even been part of the war. They Should rally with the Starks! Mabye not Mel but Starks will take Davos any day!

???? No, they really didn't.

Yes I believe Robert is right. Stannis was heir to the Iron Throne, but not Liege lord of the Stormlands. The bannermen were originally Renlys. Renly was the only one who can be blamed for what those bannermen did, they had served Renly for 18 years, why stop now.

Archived