POV Chapter's A Mistake?

TheRebornProphet

Brienne is clueless and full of anger and mistrust. I hate her chapters. She's like an angry child. No sense, no home, no hope. It makes for a very bleak reading.

Huh? Brienne full of anger and mistrust? Did you get her confused with Arya - or Tyrion, or Cersei perhaps? Brienne is the most idealistic person in the series, with the possible exception of Dunk. The only people she's angry at are those who have screwed her over in really malicious way, like Hyle and the rest of them, or those who have tried to rape and kill her, like the former Bloody Mummers. Or do you expect her to never get angry at anything, even when people are joking about her ugliness and making bets on taking her virginity, while pretending to like her and lying through their teeth?

And the only other people she mistrusts are those who look extremely shifty, like Nimble Dick - and she even felt bad about not trusting him later, though I doubt any of the readers trusted him, either.

Do you think that it was a good idea for George RR Martin to throw in these random titled chapters, starring character's that haven't had alot of...

Do you actually believe the author "threw in" chapter titles from words he picked at random? Do you even know the meaning of "random?" Hint: "Random" does not mean different, distinctive or unusual.

Also, no characters are "starring" in any chapters. A character may be featured in a chapter, but no character ever "stars" in a chapter. Only an actor can "star" in something. And the plural of "character" is "characters", not "character's."

You make me wonder if English grammar and English composition are taught in schools anymore. Maybe they only teach Internet-speak and urban slang.

I am still reading AFFC for the first time right now and just finished Nimble Dick's second chapter... We'll put it that way.

Love the book so far, but I will say, if I had to choose, I find Brienne's chapters the least exciting. Not bad by any means, just a bit long for what is going on to be honest.

At first I was worried that all the iron born stuff would bore me, considering I was never a big Greyjoy fan. However, that Kingsmoot chapter was fucking awesome. Euron with that creepy horn, and his speech and everything. Very intriguing. I found him as interesting and badass as the Red Viper in a totally different way. Now I'm totally game to see where their part is going.

I think the Dorne stuff is pretty cool too. I have a feeling I still have some bigger chapters involving them coming up though.

All in all though, I just find myself anxious to get to Cersei and Jamie chapters. They're fantastic. Only read one Arya and Sansa so far but I have a feeling they will be too.

I love Brienne as a character, but her chapters are really slow paced and a lot of stuff feels a bit redundant.

My biggest issue with affc is that the Areo Hotah and the Arys Oakheart chapters could have been told from Arianne's pov. If I could change one thing about the book I'd give her those two chapters and make here a major pov character.

Archived