Who deserves the Iron Throne the most

The Black Hawk

It couldn't be Gendry, Edric Storm is older

no. Gendry is older but Edric was the acknowledged one.

edit:

Stannis Baratheon doesn't want the throne lol, that is the funniest thing i have heard all day!
I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty
So yes I am right.

Defended himself? Stannis was the first to attack his brother and disagreed on his very generous peace terms.

Lie , it was Stannis who offered the most generous things he could offer! : storms end , old seat in the council , the heir to the IT .

If Stannis cared about the realm he would have stood with Renly - sacrifice his right to save the realm

first of all it was his duty and also his right to become the king , second , who says it is better for the realm if Renly was king? you? LOL

how can you say a traitor thug like Renly was good for the realm.

- Stannis might claim no not want to be king but everything he does proves otherwise..

BS , and it is also irrelevant .

no. Gendry is older but Edric was the acknowledged one.

edit:

So yes I am right.

No. Stannis considers it his right to be king that is not to say he doesn't want it. if he truely didn't want it he would have let his brother be king rather than kill him. the lengths he goes to to be king clearly show he has a desire for kingship

Well if Renly was king by now the realm would be united to stand against the horrors Stannis claims to want to protect from. Renly was the one with the greater army - he does not need Stannis to win, but offers him to make him one of the greatest lords, to give him a seat in the council because he is his brother. Both of them though they have right to be king and Renly has 20 times the numbers Stannis has - it's logical for him to join and then Stannis will command troops enough to defend the realm from the Others.

Well if Renly was king by now the realm would be united to stand against the horrors Stannis claims to want to protect from. Renly was the one with the greater army - he does not need Stannis to win, but offers him to make him one of the greatest lords, to give him a seat in the council because he is his brother. Both of them though they have right to be king and Renly has 20 times the numbers Stannis has - it's logical for him to join and then Stannis will command troops enough to defend the realm from the Others.

Lol, I'm waiting for someone to have a go at arguing against that. silly stan stan fans.

I don't think they would be united against the others, with Renly they would be more likely deciding whether to make the Red Keep multicoloured.

lol@ people ignoring everything in the text and practically writing their own fan fic of a Stannis that desires the iron throne out of selfish reasons. Seriously people fan fic is banned on this site, grrm does not like it and I agree with him on this. Go write your own series if you disagree with the way he portrays Stannis.

I can understand why people might think Stannis is overrated but Renly is seriously overrated.

I agree, he was a traitor and a vain small man that got what was coming to him. He would have been the best dressed king, and thats about it.

Edric Storm deserves the throne.

• A close relative of Robert Baratheon should be the candidate. He seized the realm by complete conquest and is just as much entitled to the Iron Throne as the Targaryens.
  • Stannis would be good, if only he hadn't listened to Melisandre and converted to R'hllor, thereby losing himself
  • Same goes for Shireen, unless she converts back to the Seven (unlikely due to the influence of her mother)
  • I'm not sure if Edric is a follower of R'hllor, but I think he is not (otherwise Gendry is the next candidate)
  • If Edric follows the Seven, he is in a better position for the throne then Gendry since both his parents are noble and Gendry is baseborn
  • On top of all this, I think he is well educated and possesses the spirit and charisma of his father, Robert, while being more cautious and pragmatic (and probably not as keen to be drunk either)

Edric Storm deserves the throne.

• A close relative of Robert Baratheon should be the candidate. He seized the realm by complete conquest and is just as much entitled to the Iron Throne as the Targaryens.
  • Stannis would be good, if only he hadn't listened to Melisandre and converted to R'hllor, thereby losing himself
  • Same goes for Shireen, unless she converts back to the Seven (unlikely due to the influence of her mother)
  • I'm not sure if Edric is a follower of R'hllor, but I think he is not (otherwise Gendry is the next candidate)
  • If Edric follows the Seven, he is in a better position for the throne then Gendry since both his parents are noble and Gendry is baseborn
  • On top of all this, I think he is well educated and possesses the spirit and charisma of his father, Robert, while being more cautious and pragmatic (and probably not as keen to be drunk either)

I don't think converting to a new god is worse than being a bastard (in that reality, ofcourse). Do you really think they would place Gendry, a bastard smith apprentice as King of the Seven Kingdoms?

I may be wrong, but it was always my impression that Stannis conversion wasn't such a big deal for the other houses. It would probably mean that Stark, for instance, or even a Greyjoy couldn't sit the Iron Throne because they have different gods.

lol@ people ignoring everything in the text and practically writing their own fan fic of a Stannis that desires the iron throne out of selfish reasons. Seriously people fan fic is banned on this site, grrm does not like it and I agree with him on this. Go write your own series if you disagree with the way he portrays Stannis.

And people also ignore lot's of the text, and act like Stannis is the best man in the kingdom, a man who do the best for the kingdom, even when I don't like the idea that much, cause Renly as a king was the best. He could have united the kingdom again pretty fast, and the realm wouldn't bein the situation it is right now. Now you will start with "but Stannis is the rightful king and yada yada yada Renly should have bend the knee and it would have been the same" rightful my dog. At the eyes of the Kingdom, Stannis is just another usurper, and while we know that he is Robert's heir, to most of the people he is just a liar who wanted the kingdom. if cared for the realm, the moment Renly got almost 60.000-80.000 men, he would have taken the black, making Renly a viable heir cause shiren is a girl. but nopes, he murders his brother, no, he don't kill him in battle like a man, but kill him with dark magic, such a coward. in the end... one should see both sides of the history.

And people also ignore lot's of the text, and act like Stannis is the best man in the kingdom, a man who do the best for the kingdom, even when I don't like the idea that much, cause Renly as a king was the best. He could have united the kingdom again pretty fast, and the realm wouldn't bein the situation it is right now. Now you will start with "but Stannis is the rightful king and yada yada yada Renly should have bend the knee and it would have been the same" rightful my dog. At the eyes of the Kingdom, Stannis is just another usurper, and while we know that he is Robert's heir, to most of the people he is just a liar who wanted the kingdom. if cared for the realm, the moment Renly got almost 60.000-80.000 men, he would have taken the black, making Renly a viable heir cause shiren is a girl. but nopes, he murders his brother, no, he don't kill him in battle like a man, but kill him with dark magic, such a coward. in the end... one should see both sides of the history.

I could live with Renly being king and Stannis as his hand. Yeah, Renly would make a good king just like Robert. He would parade in his best dresses erm doublets uniting the kingdom, converting the Red Keep and the gold cloaks to rainbow colors. All the while Stannis would truly rule the kingdom and flush out the conniving bastards at the small council (Poor Varys tho). The North will get their revenge and soon bow to Renly, thus bringing peace back onto the realm. The Lannisters will get what they deserve. That would've simplified things a whole lot better.

But no. Stannis will not allow that, Stannis has taken too much shit from Robert only to do the same to Renly, his younger brother also a traitor to him, the rightful king of Westeros. One man can only take so much until he decides to stand up for himself.

I don't think Renly had made a bad king with the proper man to help and guide him. The problem was that he assumed he would go before Stannis, who in this case, had the better claim and Stannis feel - rightly - insulted. Also, is not that Stannis wants the throne in the way Renly did, because he would look fabulous with the Crown. He felt it was his duty to be the rightful King, as Robert's only legitimate heir and he was right. Maybe at first he might have wanted for this "mechanical" reason that he was Robert's brother and that's it, but then, he realised he owed it to the Realm. That would make him a good king.

Now, on topic, Stannis does deserve the Throne. I want Dany to have it, and I personally think she deserves it, but in terms of the story, she has yet done anything to prove her a rightful Queen of Westeros (a Queen in Essos, maybe).

Archived