What armor and weapons would you used

The Black Hawk

I would used a heavy steel plate armor painted red with black detail. The armor would be like a chest plate with shoulder armor and arm armor. I would wear steel boots in all it would kinda look like Robb Starks but no leather all steel with a hawk themed style. My helmet would be a like a Kingsguard helmet but had hawk theme to it as well. My weapons would be a Valyrian steel longsword with a black and red grip and sheath also same style.Have nice knife on my hip for back up. In climbing the wall type like during a siege have a longbow because crossbows take to much time to reload. On horseback have a greatsword that could come in handy if need a bigger weapon

Thick chainmail over my entie body with only my face not being covered. Above my chainmail i would have a simple grey steel breastplate. Then i would wear again a simple designed helmet (with nothing my enemy can use against me such as stag antlers which could be grabbed) the helmet would offer me full face protection with a slit large opening so i can see where i'm going. I would wear nothing apart from chainmail on my arms because plate steel could slow me down and in a long fight which would effect me more. On my legs i would wear greaves so that any enemy cant take low shots below my shield or aim for my legs when on a horse. i would have a midium sized circle shield that could be attached to my back when not in combat so it offers me good protection but its not large enough to slow me down or too small that my enemy could aim around it. For my sword i would wield a bastard sword maybe Valyrian steel but its not important because that would make me a bigger target for someone to kill. The bastard sword i can wield can be used as a longsword or greatsword so it offers me different ways to fight. I would also carry a shortbow for hunting and scouting. My armour and weapons would be simple grey steel with only my shield the Tully fish and a longsword on a black background with the fish being dark green, grey and navy blue and the sword being grey because being colourful is nice on a tourney field but in warfare i wouldn't want to make myself a smaller target. The lack of plat steel makes me less of a target because people will be aiming for the lords in there nice plate steel and my chainmail is lighter and keeps me fast

Simple steel armor like Ser Jorah wears in season one, but I'd have some lower body armor with it. With Mail under near.

Simple helm, similar to each on worn by William Hurt and Cate Blanchett in the 2009 Robin Hood film.

Simple round shield like the Norse used.

An Arming Sword(longsword in the story) with a Dirk as my side arms.

And a Pole weapon as my main weapon.

I would wear a steel breastplate w/shoulder guards and steel arm and shin guards (think Achilles armor in Troy but metal as opposed to leather). The breast plate would be black with a red wolf head (in the act of biting) facing front and the guards would be black with red accents. I would have a simple helm of black steel that frame my eyes, nose, and mouth rather than having a visor. My arsenal would include a spear resembling a Spartan Dory, a round steel bashing shield, a Katana like sword, with a shortsword and a dagger also available.

• 2 months later...

1) Major Battle:

A. On Foot: Full plate armor a-la-Italienne; a halberd with an axe head on one side and a hammer on the other as primary weapon; a bastard sword on the left hip and a rondel dagger and a warhammer on the right as backup.

B. On Horseback: The same, except with a heavy lance as primary weapon. Destrier fully barded in plate and chain as mount.

Maximum protection :) with powerful offensive weapon for aggressive action!

2) Patrol/Raid:

A. On Foot: A Khazagand (a quilted coat lined with mail underneath) lined with oilskin on the outside, a broad-brimmed felt hat with a steel skullcap sewn inside, plain leather boots lined with steel-splints reinforcement inside. A bastard sword on my left hip, a bowie-type knife and a warhammer on my right hip, a 24-inch steel shield with oilskin cover carried on the back when not in use, a composite bow of about 160 lbs draw weight in a waterproof oilskin case and a quiver of fifty arrows, forty heavy ones with steel broadheads and ten light ones with steel bodkin points, on my back.

B. Mounted: The same, with the addition of a 10 ft light lance carried underneath the saddle, and the warhammer and an additional quiver of arrow being strapped to the saddle. A Dornish sand steed as mount.

Good all around protection that's discreet and won't get soiled by inclement weather. Versatile and powerful arsenal. ;)

3) At Court/Casual:

A. On Foot: A Khazagand (a quilted coat lined with mail underneath) lined with rich silk brocade on the outside, a fancy broad-brimmed felt hat decorated with ostrich feathers with a steel skullcap sewn inside, fancy leather boots lined with steel-splints reinforcement inside. A bastard sword on my left hip, a fancy dagger on my right hip and a fancy warhammer as a cane when out walking! :drunk:

And I suppose a fancy sable fur cloak over it all!

B. On horseback: Same, with the prettiest palfrey as mount.

Who says that you can't be well protected and in style as well! :cool4:

I would use Dawn in my right hand and a shield in my left with my family sigil on it, and have my Greatsword "Winter's Wrath" on my back, grey armour with a Black Stag on the chest, boiled leather under chain mail which is under the armour.

I would wear either a steel breastplate or a brigandine (a garment made of canvas or leather with small, metal plates riveted to the fabric) over a mail hauberk. I would round it off with a pair of steel greaves, and gauntlets. My helmet would be a sallet.

For armament, I would carry a bastard sword (historically, a bastard sword was the smaller of the longswords, with a blade around the same length as a long arming sword and a slightly extended grip) and a large, metal buckler (rather like a rodela carried by Spanish troops in the 1500's). Dealing with armored opponents would be tough, but a sufficiently skilled swordsman should be comfortable using half-sword techniques and murder-strike techniques (grabbing the sword by the blade and swinging to hit with the guard and pommel) to deal with this weakness.

If real me were to fight in Westeros, I think my best option would be an arbalest/crossbow, since I'm not trained to use medieval weapons.

If I would reincarnate as a trained warrior, I would probably choose to be an archer, or even better, a mounted archer, so I could kill the enemy without giving them the opportunity to kill me. As a horse archer, I would use a koncerz or estoc as a secondary weapon, in case I had to charge, and a broadsword for self defense if I got entangled in a melee.

As a footman, I would use a steel round shield and broadsword as backup weapons for my bow (I would use chainmail and/or brigandine too).

If I had to fight a duel, I would use full plate and a poleaxe/bec de corbin.

There is a thread exactly like this one: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/70394-what-would-be-your-weapon-in-battle/

Archived