[Book Spoilers] Sigil of "House Talisa"

a free shadow

Well most people would not say wedding vows based around a religion they didn't believe in just because of location and timing.

Well to be fair most people don't get married while on the march during a war...

I doubt that Talisa is more than she appears mostly for the same reasons pointed out above. DB&W have shown themselves to be hesitant on making plot decisions that may confuse a weekly audience. A subtle planted spy that is not revealed until a following season does not seem to fit into their limited idea of what audiences can handle (not that I disagree completely, they are the experts and I know nothing of Show-running).

I agree; the show's had a remarkable lack of subtlety. Everything's mostly surface level. If Ran says she's legit, that's sufficient for me -- esp. combined with GRRM's comments that Talisa is an entirely new character and that he's the one that suggested her Volantene name.

I don't think it adds anything to the story at all to make her a spy. It's convoluted for no good reason.

The tigers are a good touch though, a good connection to the Maegyr name. I was pretty pleased when I saw them on Sunday.

That video reminded me of something Alex Jones would make.

The evidence is speculative, far fetched, inconsistent and sometimes factually wrong. It's a bad theory.

Could it be correct, though? I don't know, but I highly doubt it.

That video reminded me of something Alex Jones would make.

The evidence is speculative, far fetched, inconsistent and sometimes factually wrong. It's a bad theory.

Could it be correct, though? I don't know, but I highly doubt it.

Exactly.

Benioff said in numerous interviews that it was the RW that convinced him that they had to make the show. There is no way they are going to so utterly ruin the integrity of it by making Talisa a spy.

Exactly.

Benioff said in numerous interviews that it was the RW that convinced him that they had to make the show. There is no way they are going to so utterly ruin the integrity of it by making Talisa a spy.

Your post begs the question why would Talisa being a spy ruin the integrity of the RW?

My assumption is that even if she is a spy she is disposable, will not be tipped off and will killed at the RW along with everyone else. Her family will be told her death was a mistake. Much like Jeyne Westerling's family was told her brother's death at the RW was unintended.

Cheers.

Your post begs the question why would Talisa being a spy ruin the integrity of the RW?

My assumption is that even if she is a spy she is disposable, will not be tipped off and will killed at the RW along with everyone else. Her family will be told her death was a mistake. Much like Jeyne Westerling's family was told her brother's death at the RW was unintended.

Cheers.

Because then it would be all about Robb being deceived by a conniving bitch instead of Freys breaking guest right.

Because then it would be all about Robb being deceived by a conniving bitch instead of Freys breaking guest right.

Why? The Freys breaking guest right is still what brings Robb down. It is Talisa's role to make the Freys willing to break the guest right.

Why? The Freys breaking guest right is still what brings Robb down. It is Talisa's role to make the Freys willing to break the guest right.

No one's going to care about a bunch of Freys when there is is a character that everyone that knows that was a fellow betrayer.

Implicating Talisa in the RW would be the worst thing they could possibly do. The RW must remain the fault of Tywin, Freys and Boltons. No one who reads the books emotionally blames House Westerling for Robb's demise. The emotional blame is on the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons, and it must (and will) remain as such.

How come? Talisa is just a pawn, not a player. Her mission may simply to be inform on Robb's whereabouts, it is up to the players Tywin and Walder Frey to determine what action they should take.

I don't think Talisa is a spy, for the reasons Dragon of Valyria has stated above. Which is sad. If she was a spy, the writers would have my faith in them restored.

:agree: I think if they really wanted to, they could make it where she was a pawn/spy who falls for him. It will still come down to guest right and Freys and Lannisters and Roose and if they kill her too, so much the better.

The text very very quickly reads "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" as Roose exits the tent.

Ohhh I didn't catch this, at all. I guess I'll just take your word for it haha.

No one's going to care about a bunch of Freys when there is is a character that everyone that knows that was a fellow betrayer.

Implicating Talisa in the RW would be the worst thing they could possibly do. The RW must remain the fault of Tywin, Freys and Boltons. No one who reads the books emotionally blames House Westerling for Robb's demise. The emotional blame is on the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons, and it must (and will) remain as such.

And it would still be the Frey's fault. Talisa would be Tywin's pawn.

All the Frey's know is Robb married some foreign girl instead of their sweet sister/cousin/aunt/daughter...

All the Northmen know is Robb married some foreign girl and that pissed the Frey's off....

All Talisa knows was that she was told by whoever was paying her to get close to Robb and to alert whoever is her superior to Robb's every move. She never knew she would fall in love with him...

Entering territory of extreme crackpottery.....

When Gregor Clegane was delivered a message by a Maester with no chain ordering him to evacuate Harrenhal and slaughter all the Northern prisoners he did so without question. He never questioned why the Maester stayed behind, a good dog assumes his master knows best...

All Qyburn knew was that the former spy had stopped sending reports. His responsibility was to find out why and to try and discover any dissension within the ranks. When Robb Stark left the castle in the hands of a disgruntled bannerman Qyburn found the perfect opportunity to present his master's offer...

And behind them all lies Tywin, looking to bring the Young Wolf down.

He knew Talisa would make Robb fall for her and break his promise to the Freys.

He knew the Freys would want revenge.

He knew he could find a lord to assist him in his plots and then help to retake the North.

This could add more tragedy to an already extremely tragic RW. As men turn on each other Talisa screams out that shes one of them, Tywin sent her, not to kill her. We find out that she was a spy the whole time shattering the series "perfect romance". Then Roose Bolton slits her throat. As a heartbroken Robb begins to turn to fight the Freys expecting his bannerman to watch his back a sword pokes out from between his ribs and Roose whispers in his ear

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards."

edit: I said heartbreak waaaaaaaaaaay to many times

Archived