[book spoiler]Tywin's Letter

Eric Xayavong

Talisa is a different character from Volantis and one would be pressed to assume that Tywin knows already from the TV show material so far. I wonder if they are going to change how Tywin gets this info since Talisa isn't a westerner???

What's the actual proof evidence that it is a letter in relation to the RW? Honestly, to me it all just sounds like Generic Campaign Stuff. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really read anything related to Roose or the Freys or the RW plot -- it just sounds like general 'running a war' stuff; foraging (scavenging) the land is something every army does, luring your enemy into a more opportune position is an obvious thing to do in a campaign, you need supplies ('for a long while to come'? That doesn't sound like someone with a plan to end things decisively would say) for your army.. etc. What am I missing?

Edit - Obviously there's no proof of anything so that was dumb wording, I meant evidence or suggestion. Obviously I'm not asking if there's a quote from someone on the show saying it's that! Hah. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, of course.. but I'm not seeing how it looks or quacks.

Heh, I figured would not be the only one reading too much into that letter. Alas, I do not think we can completely prove it one way or the other. But it would be a good call-back scene later on in the season when Tywin says "some wars are won with.. quill and ink etc etc".

Assuming they don't cut out that line of baddassery.

Since hindsight is 20/20, it appears like it could be RW planning. To non-readers it may look like anything or nothing. It's definitely a neat catch, and it could go either way.

I think given that the showrunners' keep talking about a certain key event in S3 they were desperate to get to (which has about a .00001% chance of NOT being the RW), the most likely reason for the letter's inclusion, to me, is for it to be connected to the RW. Does this imply anything about Talisa? Or would Tywin have reached out to Frey and Bolton as soon as he heard about the wedding either way?

If they (the show runners) just wanted to show Tywin ignoring Tyrion they did not need to do a close up of what he is writing. I think they know the nerds among us would do some pausing and screen captures to try to see what he is writing. I was bouncing up and down when I saw this scene because I wanted to read the letters. (Many thanks for those of you who have added screen shots as I have not been able to go back to watch the scene again yet.) I also doubt Tywin would spell it out in the letters he would couch it in some subtle language in case the letters fell into the wrong hands.

Even though we have not seen Tywin receive this information it is quite easy to imagine that he has heard the news already. Rumors and gossip get around quick in Westeros.

Archived