Which TWOW storyline are you most excited about

locke and key

My top 5

1. Jon Snow, I want to see how this all plays out and fast

2. Stannis/Roose/ Battle of Ice and Winterfell

3. Jaime/Stoneheart/Brienne

4. Bran/Bloodraven Waging and Weirwood Net

5. Davos finding Rickon

Honorable mention to Sansa in the Vale and Arya faceless man training.

If I had to pick one, it'd be Arya. Haven't heard anything about her in SO long. Most posters I've read think she's not long for the ASOIAF world, but I really, really hope that's not true. And if it is, I at least want her to 'meet up with' Jaqen again before it's all said and done.

Jon Snow: I think he would warg. I am confused between him reanimating and him warging for second life. But the whole epilogue of varamyr may be present for the sole reason of informing us about how the warging after death works....you know, to set stage for Jon

But the story lines I am most interested are the ones of Jon Connigton and Sansa.

What will Jon C do after storm's end? where will he turn? What will be his reaction when he meet Arianne?

My interest in Sansa is purely curiosity of how things have worked out for her. She has gone from the swooning stupid girl to the most naive player in the game

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that´s a really hard question. I guess the storyline which I´m most interested in is the one with Bran learning all the secrets from Bloodraven. Partly because we´re finally going to learn more about the Others and their motivation, I think.

But I´m also looking forward to Davos, Sam and the mysteries surrounding the Citadel and Daenerys´ story.

Sansa´s chapters will probably get interesting, too.

I think the top one for me would be Jon, since he's the only character that actually physically had something happen to him during his cliffhanger, so I'd like to know how that plays out. Arya would be next, followed by Jaimie. I'll throw Tyrion in there, because I hope he treats Dany like Joffery and starts slapping the **** out of her so she'll stop annoying me.

1. Daenerys as always.
  2. Jon, mostly because I want to know if he's dead, undead, healed by Melisandre... And I'm sure something big is going to happen at the wall (maybe the Others?)
  3. Arya.
  4. Sansa, I want to hear more about Littlefinger's plans, and see how Sansa deals with it.

1. Events at the wall

2. Arya

3. Winterfell

4. Jaime/Brienne/LS

5. Victarion, just to know what happens with the dragonhorn

I've decided not to care about Dany anymore until she comes to Westeros. The Meereen storyline is the most boring "Dany can't come back yet" filler thus far. I even find Aegon more interesting at this point, just because he's around and involved. I've never cared much for Sansa POV chapters, i usually just skim her text for some LF awesomeness.

Everything involving the north, Arya, the Kingslayer's fate, and seeing if Dany finally gets her shit together.

Like the poster directly above I have never cared about Sansa and only read her chapters at this point becasue of the dastardly Littlefinger.

Never cared for Cersei either. She's pretty much the only unredeemable main charater in the books in my view and I ended up skimming many of her POV's in AFFC.

I'll give this a shot.

1, The Wall - Jon Snow has always been one of my favorite characters, and I can't wait to see what will happen to him, especiialy regarding to the prophecy of "Azor Ahai" and "the Prince that was Promised". There are so many possibilities and questions regarding Jon's situation. Is he dead or just wounded? WIll Melisandre revive him, or will he be turned into a wight by the Others? Has he warged into Ghost and will he warg back into his body? Aside from Jon's future I'm also interested in the general situation at the wall. How many Black Brothers were involved in the mutiny, and what will the other Brothers do? How will Tormund, Leathers, Val and the other wildlings react. The Wall is like a bomb ready to go boom, especially with the Others and their wights looming over it. It's just a shame that we will see it through the eyes of Melisandre, who isn't my favorite point-of-view character. She's very fascinating, but I fear that she will lose the feelings of mystery if we get to many chapters from her viewpoint.

2, The Battle of Winterfell - Stannis Baratheon vs. Roose Bolton. Two of my favorites squaring off! Obviously rooting for Stannis the Mannis though, and I wish that Ramsay Boltons head is put on a spike while Wyman Manderly and his men switches sides. I'm worried about Theon and Asha Greyjoy though. They are prisoners in a enemy camp, another enemy is just about to attack, a blizzard is raging around them, Theon is physically wak, and STannis and his Northern allies wishes to see him executed. I don't want that... Theon's one of my favorites of all time, I want more redemption from him, more revelations of his inner thoughts and I wan't him to become stronger again. All in all though, I'm lloking forward to the fallout of this battle. I truly have no idea were it will go, though I hope that Stannis will get some new northern allies.

3, The Battle of Meeren - Slaver's Bay has never been my favorite area, but this battle will be interesting. There are so many unknowns, and three of my favorites Barristan Selmy, Victarion Greyjoy and Tyrion Lannister is caught up in the chaos that is battle. I'm also interested in seeing the fates of Jorah Mormont, Ben Plumm and Daario Naharis and how all these jolly fellows will interact with eachother when competing for Daenerys attention... if they all survive that is. And as with the Battle of Winterfell I cannot say what the fallout of this battle will be. Daenerys' allies are bound to prevail, but how they will do it is another thing, especially when the future actions of the Iron Fleet, Volantis fleet, Second Son's, Windblown and the Dragons are unknown.

4, Aegon Targaryen's war of conquest - Doesn't matter to me if Aegon is a real Targaryen or not, he has proclaimed himself King of Westeros and he has the Golden Company to back him up. Will the Lannisters and Tyrells crumble before him, and will the Martells join him? Who knows, but I doubt it will be simple. I just wished I found Jon Connington and Arianne Martell more interesting.

5, Skagos - Davos Seaworth is a beast and it's been a long time since we saw Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Osha. And seeing the feared island of Skagos is bound to be interesting. I just wish he manages to bring back Rickon in time to save Theon. Though knowing STannis the Mannis Theon may lose his head anyway...

6, The Riverlands - Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarthe traipsing through the Riverlands? Yes please. I just hoped the Brotherhood Without Banners weren't looming over them. Though I do admit to wishing to see Lady Stoneheart, Gendry and Thoros of Myr again, even though this might be the end of Jamie or Brienne or both.

7, The Vale of Arryn - I like Sansa Stark, and I want her to become a player in her own right. Other than that I wish to see exactly what Petyr Baelish is planning and how he will pull it off. I just wish it didn't involve another arranged marriage for Sansa.

8, Oldtown - Samwell Tarly training to be a maester? Interesting. The Ironborn under Euron Greyjoy? Interesting. The Grey Sheep planning something? Interesting. Jaqen H'ghar as Pate. INteresting.

9, The Iron Islands - GRRM seem exited about it, and we haven't seen Aeron Greyjoy in quite a while. It'll be good to catch up on what is happening there.

10, King's Landing - The Fallout of Cersei Lannister's trial and Kevan Lannister and Pycelle's murder will be interesting to see. Robert Strong and Margaery Tyrell is also interesting. I just wish Cersei weren't so frustrating.

11, Beyond the Wall - Knowing more about Brynden Rivers and the Others is always fun, but I don't know if Brandon Stark discovering how to use his powers will be. COuld go either way this.

12, Braavos - I really like Arya Stark, and the Kindly Man is cool, but her chapters in Braavos is rather slow and to far removed from the rest of this worldspanning Game of Thrones. Can't wait for her return into the fray though.

13, The Dothraki Sea - Daenerys Targaryen. Alright, I'm still interested, but the last book proves that she is not nearly as talented as a leader as she and her followers want's to believe. Not saying she's rubbish, because her earlier victories proves that she most definitly ain't; she just ain't as good at ruling and commanding as Jon Snow is (IMO). Meeting Khal Jhaqo may change that though. We'll see. But for now I don't hold my breath.

14, The Hunt for Gerold Dayne - As much as I wish for Areo Hotah to go all out on Darkstar and kick his ass, I don't think this has nearly as much potential as everything else.

I wanted to see a mockingbird on the Iron Thron. Until the big heavies arrive. Cercei winning her trial from Qyburns frankenstein mountain and killing Margaery causing a sparrow revolt as they annihilate everything, but now there is no Throne. It is empty.... This leads to a superbowl. Martell's, Connington and co, Tyrell's, Ironborn, Golden Company are all fighting each other for ownership. Dany finishes sacking the continent everywhere else Volantis, Pentos. even Braavos damn slavers have all got to burn before going to Westeros next spring. The botherhood are bandits and the rock is their prize getting the keys from Jamie, gathering little Blackfish support. Whitewalkers descend on what is left of the north, after the current series Manderly, Boltons, Stannis, Wildlings, Watch laying waste to the entire region but are also starting to trickle south. Bran makes Snow wight also directs Arya who starts taking out players

Not bloody likely, I would rather just read the book. Otherwise Littlefinger will be Dr.Evil, maniacal laugh while plunging from the Eyrie

I'll give this a shot.

1, The Wall - Jon Snow has always been one of my favorite characters, and I can't wait to see what will happen to him, especiialy regarding to the prophecy of "Azor Ahai" and "the Prince that was Promised". There are so many possibilities and questions regarding Jon's situation. Is he dead or just wounded? WIll Melisandre revive him, or will he be turned into a wight by the Others? Has he warged into Ghost and will he warg back into his body? Aside from Jon's future I'm also interested in the general situation at the wall. How many Black Brothers were involved in the mutiny, and what will the other Brothers do? How will Tormund, Leathers, Val and the other wildlings react. The Wall is like a bomb ready to go boom, especially with the Others and their wights looming over it. It's just a shame that we will see it through the eyes of Melisandre, who isn't my favorite point-of-view character. She's very fascinating, but I fear that she will lose the feelings of mystery if we get to many chapters from her viewpoint.

2, The Battle of Winterfell - Stannis Baratheon vs. Roose Bolton. Two of my favorites squaring off! Obviously rooting for Stannis the Mannis though, and I wish that Ramsay Boltons head is put on a spike while Wyman Manderly and his men switches sides. I'm worried about Theon and Asha Greyjoy though. They are prisoners in a enemy camp, another enemy is just about to attack, a blizzard is raging around them, Theon is physically wak, and STannis and his Northern allies wishes to see him executed. I don't want that... Theon's one of my favorites of all time, I want more redemption from him, more revelations of his inner thoughts and I wan't him to become stronger again. All in all though, I'm lloking forward to the fallout of this battle. I truly have no idea were it will go, though I hope that Stannis will get some new northern allies.

3, The Battle of Meeren - Slaver's Bay has never been my favorite area, but this battle will be interesting. There are so many unknowns, and three of my favorites Barristan Selmy, Victarion Greyjoy and Tyrion Lannister is caught up in the chaos that is battle. I'm also interested in seeing the fates of Jorah Mormont, Ben Plumm and Daario Naharis and how all these jolly fellows will interact with eachother when competing for Daenerys attention... if they all survive that is. And as with the Battle of Winterfell I cannot say what the fallout of this battle will be. Daenerys' allies are bound to prevail, but how they will do it is another thing, especially when the future actions of the Iron Fleet, Volantis fleet, Second Son's, Windblown and the Dragons are unknown.

4, Aegon Targaryen's war of conquest - Doesn't matter to me if Aegon is a real Targaryen or not, he has proclaimed himself King of Westeros and he has the Golden Company to back him up. Will the Lannisters and Tyrells crumble before him, and will the Martells join him? Who knows, but I doubt it will be simple. I just wished I found Jon Connington and Arianne Martell more interesting.

5, Skagos - Davos Seaworth is a beast and it's been a long time since we saw Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Osha. And seeing the feared island of Skagos is bound to be interesting. I just wish he manages to bring back Rickon in time to save Theon. Though knowing STannis the Mannis Theon may lose his head anyway...

6, The Riverlands - Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarthe traipsing through the Riverlands? Yes please. I just hoped the Brotherhood Without Banners weren't looming over them. Though I do admit to wishing to see Lady Stoneheart, Gendry and Thoros of Myr again, even though this might be the end of Jamie or Brienne or both.

7, The Vale of Arryn - I like Sansa Stark, and I want her to become a player in her own right. Other than that I wish to see exactly what Petyr Baelish is planning and how he will pull it off. I just wish it didn't involve another arranged marriage for Sansa.

8, Oldtown - Samwell Tarly training to be a maester? Interesting. The Ironborn under Euron Greyjoy? Interesting. The Grey Sheep planning something? Interesting. Jaqen H'ghar as Pate. INteresting.

9, The Iron Islands - GRRM seem exited about it, and we haven't seen Aeron Greyjoy in quite a while. It'll be good to catch up on what is happening there.

10, King's Landing - The Fallout of Cersei Lannister's trial and Kevan Lannister and Pycelle's murder will be interesting to see. Robert Strong and Margaery Tyrell is also interesting. I just wish Cersei weren't so frustrating.

11, Beyond the Wall - Knowing more about Brynden Rivers and the Others is always fun, but I don't know if Brandon Stark discovering how to use his powers will be. COuld go either way this.

12, Braavos - I really like Arya Stark, and the Kindly Man is cool, but her chapters in Braavos is rather slow and to far removed from the rest of this worldspanning Game of Thrones. Can't wait for her return into the fray though.

13, The Dothraki Sea - Daenerys Targaryen. Alright, I'm still interested, but the last book proves that she is not nearly as talented as a leader as she and her followers want's to believe. Not saying she's rubbish, because her earlier victories proves that she most definitly ain't; she just ain't as good at ruling and commanding as Jon Snow is (IMO). Meeting Khal Jhaqo may change that though. We'll see. But for now I don't hold my breath.

14, The Hunt for Gerold Dayne - As much as I wish for Areo Hotah to go all out on Darkstar and kick his ass, I don't think this has nearly as much potential as everything else.

I think the reason the hunt for Darkstar will be interesting is that it will probably take us to starfall, where we can find out more about the mysterious and awesome house dayne and their greatsword dawn, as well as the enigma which is darkstar himself

• Arya, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Samwell, Tyrion/Barristan/Victarion, Bran, Theon/Asha, Jon Connington, Jaime/Brienne, Cersei, Melisandre, Davos, Sansa, Arianne, Aeron, Areo

At this point, we're getting towards the end so the major characters trump the minor ones for me. The only storyline started after AGOT I'm putting much stock into is the Aegon/Jon Connington one.

Archived