Kindle Edition Filled With Errors?

John Milner

I am considering purchasing A Game of Thrones for Kindle, but from looking at the reviews for the Kindle edition, it would seem that there are quite a number of errors (typos, missing words, added words, odd symbols, odd punctuation, etc.). Does anyone have the Kindle Edition of this book & can you tell me how extensive the errors are? I looked at the sample & saw a few things that might be errors, but having never erad the book before, I do not know if they are really errors or not.

I have the five book bundle for Kindle. I only read AGoT on it so far. I noticed that there are some question marks where there shouldn't be any and one typo in the prologue of ACoK where 'Selyse' is spelled like 'Selsye'. Didn't see any missing/additional words until now.

But honestly, it doesn't bother me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the five book bundle for Kindle. I only read AGoT on it so far. I noticed that there are some question marks where there shouldn't be any and one typo in the prologue of ACoK where 'Selyse' is spelled like 'Selsye'. Didn't see any missing/additional words until now.

But honestly, it doesn't bother me...

I believe the Selyse/Selsye error is not unique to the electronic editions. I am pretty sure I have seen that typo in my print editions. Any way, I have to say like I always say to people, "You cannot beat a physical book. So, book e-books!" hahah

I bought Game of Thrones & Clash of Kings. In the appendix of Game of Thrones, I think there were some line-spacing errors. ie. the end of a sentence (a few words, etc.) was put on a second/third line when it would fit on the line above it.

I bought all the books in the Kindle edition a few weeks ago & noticed only one typo in all of them. And I work as a proofreader and editor. I imagine they rushed them into the Kindle format without sufficient editing but in the years since have cleaned them up nicely.

Archived