"They're All So Beautiful", a documentary on race and dating

Yagathai

Re: eyenon15

I doubt it, seems she is stereotyping the fuk out of people while simultaneously being offended about being stereotyped.

Why did you feel the need to doubt her? What is the basis for your doubt? Is there any counter-evidence, first- or second-hand, to support that doubt?

Re: eyenon15

Why did you feel the need to doubt her? What is the basis for your doubt? Is there any counter-evidence, first- or second-hand, to support that doubt?

I'm taking a guess she hasn't met every man that likes only Asian women.

Just the time alone that it would take to meet them all and see their samurai sword collections and whatnot. Makes for implausible mathematics.

I certainly could be wrong, maybe she's such a speed dater that she's met thousands/millions of these guys.

Or maybe that documentary is a load of bulllshit and there really aren't these masses of men that like only Asian women.

Either way seems highly unlikely she has met them all.

I mean I could spout off my personal experiences with women who only like white guys. I could call them ALL just lazy gold diggers who don't want to work and they think you are rich just because you are a white guy. And they think you will buy them a car and give them a credit card just because you are so thankful that a woman paid attention to you. Would everyone just expect that to be the truth just because I said it was???

What if I make a video saying it and put in on youtube? Would that make everyone not question it?

Or would everyone assume I'm full of shit because I'm not a hot Asian woman ranting, I'm just an old white dude ranting.

I'm taking a guess she hasn't met every man that likes only Asian women.

Just the time alone that it would take to meet them all and see their samurai sword collections and whatnot. Makes for implausible mathematics.

I certainly could be wrong, maybe she's such a speed dater that she's met thousands/millions of these guys.

Or maybe that documentary is a load of bulllshit and there really aren't these masses of men that like only Asian women.

Either way seems highly unlikely she has met them all.

I mean I could spout off my personal experiences with women who only like white guys. I could call them ALL just lazy gold diggers who don't want to work and they think you are rich just because you are a white guy. And they think you will buy them a car and give them a credit card just because you are so thankful that a woman paid attention to you. Would everyone just expect that to be the truth just because I said it was???

What if I make a video saying it and put in on youtube? Would that make everyone not question it?

I watched the video. At what point does she claim to have dated every man who likes only Asian women? She denigrates (rightly so) men who have "yellow fever" and who date Asian women only because of their ethnicity, fetishizing them as a certain "type." Her video captures the experiences she has had as an Asian women dating, which are not isolated ones.

If those are your experiences dating "women who like only white guys," then you can also post a video on Youtube setting forth your opinions. It would be the ultimate PSA.

I watched the video. At what point does she claim to have dated every man who likes only Asian women? She denigrates (rightly so) men who have "yellow fever" and who date Asian women only because of their ethnicity, fetishizing them as a certain "type." Her video captures the experiences she has had as an Asian women dating, which are not isolated ones.

If those are your experiences dating "women who like only white guys," then you can also post a video on Youtube setting forth your opinions. It would be the ultimate PSA.

At :14 is where she claims to know what all men who only date Asians do.(in case you don't know, this knowledge would require that she dated or met them all) It continues for the rest of the video.

At no point does she say those are just her own experiences.

Any other questions?

You're just grabbing at straws.

"Recently I was talking to a friend, who said that she knew the perfect guy for me because all he dates are Asians.

'What?!'

'Ya! He totes has yellow fever!'

She said it like it was a good thing. Which it's not.

Men with "yellow fever" look at you, and they only see schoolgirls and sexual geishas. They hide their samurai sword collection in their closets. And they learn how to speak an Asian language and only talk to you in that freaking language!"

That's the transcript. She was not stereotyping white men. She's listing the traits that characterize someone as having yellow fever. She might have left the impression that ALL white men with yellow fever do this, but she didn't say that in the video.

But, you know, I'm sure there are white men with yellow fever who don't continue to speak in an Asian language to an Asian-looking woman after she told him to use English. So, I'm sure this invalidates her little vblog. Good catch, white man! You got her good this time! Good job, white man! Once again you managed to turn the complaint from a minority group member who suffered objectification into something about how poorly white men are being treated! I've seen this thousands of times and let me tell you, it NEVER gets old.

Asians are minorities now? Or do you mean just in America?

Anyway, she says that men who only date Asians.....etc etc.

"Only see you as schoolgirls"

"Geishas"??? <----WTF?????

She says this is what they do.

I'm sure she has had shitty dates that treated her crappy just like 99% of us have.

I just have issue with it because for a few years I only dated Asian women and I literally never did any of those things.

I've never been any sort of ladies man and I was having really good luck with Asian women so I was like fuk it I'm only going to date Asians.

She is saying how a man she's never met sees her and what he has in his fuking closet.

And please spare me this "oh white man being racist" bullshit, it does get old.

At :14 is where she claims to know what all men who only date Asians do.(in case you don't know, this knowledge would require that she dated or met them all) It continues for the rest of the video.

Any other questions?

Any other questions?A

At :14, she says, "Men with yellow fever look at you, and they see only schoolgirls and sexual geishas." There is no claim of knowledge of what all men who date only Asians do.

And everything that Terra said.

As for your condescension, eye non, you're being an ass.

White men being racist really does get old, it's true.

#notallmenwhofetishasianwomen?

I'm certainly not being racist, but being accused of racism sure does get old

#idontknowwhatthefukimtalkingaboutsoiwilljustrepeatwhatsomeoneelsesaidandcallitracist

At :14, she says, "Men with yellow fever look at you, and they see only schoolgirls and sexual geishas." There is no claim of knowledge of what all men who date only Asians do.

And everything that Terra said.

As for your condescension, eye non, you're being an ass.

A person whom she has never met, yet somehow is qualified to say what he sees when he looks at her. This is not adding up with reality.

Anyway, she says that men who only date Asians.....etc etc.
"Only see you as schoolgirls"
"Geishas"??? <----WTF?????
She says this is what they do.
The "they" in question are men with yellow fever. And, yes, men with yellow fever are typified by a set of behaviors, including the things that she had mentioned. That's what makes someone an Asian fetishist.

What do you mean good grief?

It's a valid complaint.

This woman made a video because she doesn't like being stereotyped and genericized into some cartoonish character.

I understand that feeling totally.

So yes, my complaint is valid no matter how much you try to good grief or it away.

No matter how much you try to imply a white man can never have an issue about anything. No matter how much it's implied that I'm somehow racist.

Except that she didn't stereotype people. She listed traits that make someone an Asian fetishist.

Is English your second language? Is that why you're having such a hard time getting this?

Are you saying that there is a difference between only dating Asian women and having whatever yellow fever is?

Because there is no distinction made in the video.

So I'm going with there's no difference to her, then she goes on to list what these men do with some stupid generic images like samurai swords and geishas. That is stereotyping.

She doesn't want to be degraded into some cartoonish character and it's completely understandable, but here's the thing, nobody else wants it done to them either.

She didn't just list a bunch of traits and say these make someone an Asian fetishist, that would have been a better way to go about it.

Perhaps it's you that has a problem with English.

That was very interesting -- but wow, has she really met more than one man who has learned an Asian language in order to try to pick up Asian women, and who continues to try to talk with them in that language after having been told they prefer English? Somehow that part is just mind boggling to me. There are so few Americans who know any foreign language, it just seems amazing that there could be more than a score of men in the whole country who have learned Chinese or Japanese as part of a sexual obsession with East Asian women. Is this really a common experience Asian-American women have had?

I assume that they don't learn the entire language. It's probably like someone pulling out high school French to talk to a tourist they just met, except they won't drop it when they've exhausted their little well of foreign phrases.

That was very interesting -- but wow, has she really met more than one man who has learned an Asian language in order to try to pick up Asian women, and who continues to try to talk with them in that language after having been told they prefer English? Somehow that part is just mind boggling to me. There are so few Americans who know any foreign language, it just seems amazing that there could be more than a score of men in the whole country who have learned Chinese or Japanese as part of a sexual obsession with East Asian women. Is this really a common experience Asian-American women have had?

Ormond: I've seen it. There are a lot of weeaboos out there.

I'm certainly not being racist, but being accused of racism sure does get old

#idontknowwhatthefukimtalkingaboutsoiwilljustrepeatwhatsomeoneelsesaidandcallitracist

If you're not a racist, you should really quit acting like a racist all the time. Then we wouldn't get all confused.

Archived