Anime IV - new SUMMER animu and guff

jurble

Hmm, I know for a fact we had discussions about the Fall anime season.

Was that another thread or did the forum changerino lose all those posts?

Anyway, Winter is coming and Gundam Thunderbolt is AMAZING.  Beautiful animation.  Google it, its episodes are being published online for free with translation.   It makes IBO seriously look like a piece of shit in terms of animation quality.   Edit: Apparently its episodes are coming out once every few months T_T.  No wonder it looks so good.

Is this one of the best Gundam series you think?

It's only a single episode, so I don't believe it's possible to comment yet, lol.  But it sure is one of the prettiest.

Otherwise my favorite Gundam series is the one many think is best - 08th MS Team.  But half the reason I like it is the adult characters, and a male lead who isn't whiny.

• 2 months later...

So, guys, the first volume of Legend of the Galactic Heroes finally came out.

I was actually surprised when amazon informed me they sent it today, since it was constantly postponed and they were announcing recently a summer release or something.

Anyway, we can finally read it in English!

Volume 2 is still announced for this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Claustrophobic Jurble said:

This Kabaneri show has some REALLY impressive animation, and it's one Amazon Prime!  Since when does Amazon do anime?  Pretty cool regardless.

If only it wasn't a ripoff of Attack on Titan.

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I personally call it TitanZombiePiercer. It's not just Attack on Titan.

And it's f***ing cool.

It looks nice if nothing else. Just a shame the creator pretty much had to ripoff the idea from Attack on Titan.

Just replace Titans with Zombies, add in some trains and they're pretty much the same show. Attack on the Walking Dead, I suppose, lol

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Damned with the Wind said:

So I've been watching Re:Zero.  Seems to be the super popular anime of this year by far.  It's bretty good.

Damn, me too! The first anime in years that hooked me up again. I started it thinking it was a short, finished anime. Fool of me.

If it continues into a second season I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up :(

• 3 weeks later...

While waiting between episodes of Re:Zero (that's about to end soon the season), I got to watch (binged and finished) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I watched FMA years ago, so I knew I was in front of quality. Very pleasant indeed.

Why I only found out it existed just recently? What else have I been missing?

Archived