Spoilers (Ariannes last marriage proposal)

GameofThronesFTW

• 1 year later...

One of the puzzling things about Arianne's marriage plans is that she also wanted to marry Willas and Edmure. Given that those two are the respective heirs of their regions and Arianne also wants to rule Dorne, how in the world does that work? Besides it usually is a good idea to marry inside your region anyway, I'd think of some Dornish houses ( other than Gerald Dayne 'Darkstar'). Cletus Yronwood should have been on her list at the very least.

Well I'll just regard it as an oversight by GRRM and move on..

One of the puzzling things about Arianne's marriage plans is that she also wanted to marry Willas and Edmure. Given that those two are the respective heirs of their regions and Arianne also wants to rule Dorne, how in the world does that work? Besides it usually is a good idea to marry inside your region anyway, I'd think of some Dornish houses ( other than Gerald Dayne 'Darkstar'). Cletus Yronwood should have been on her list at the very least.

Well I'll just regard it as an oversight by GRRM and move on..

Marrying an heir to a Great House would gain you the power over one region (the Reach for Willas, the Riverlands for Edmure), whilst you already have some substantial power in another (Dorne).. Usefull when you believe that your father and brother are plotting to steal away your birthright ;)

Archived