Minor Characters Who Will Come Through

Ser Willis Wode, I noticed him during a re-read. Loyal to house Whent,he is one of the few people to survive Catelyn's expedition to the Vale, and the entire time he (along wiith Roderick Cassel and Bronn) gives Catelyn sound advice. Of the three men who advise Catelyn, he is the only one we never hear from again.

Yeah, I have often wondered about him as well. Hovewer IIRC we later hear that the lands belonging to the brothers Wode have been raided, and their wooden keep destroyed. Hopefully he is still alive though, in the Vale or somewhere else..

Baloon Swann. He is my favorite Kingsguard after Jamie and I want to see more of him being awesome. I also want to see more of Walder Rivers. He seem more like a more dangerous Frey then the others.

And then we have Aryas direwolf, Nymeria. I also think that Robb will come back somehow and play a part, but that he will have Grey Winds head. Melisandre saw in her fires that she saw a “wooden face, corpse white with a thousand red eyes, accompanied by a boy with a wolf’s face."

Personally I think that must be Robb.

Wouldn't that be Bloodraven (he's a tree and an albino, "a thousand eyes and one" etc) and Bran?

I want to see more of Edrick Dayne, it's about time we had another Sword of the Morning. Also he seems to be keeping to the true mission of the BWB.

Bronn would be good, those swords he is gathering would be useful should Tyrion ever get back.

Also I'd like to see more of Aurane Waters, I'm not sure what he's up but it is going to cause problems for somebody.

Big Bucket Wull .....

Never, ever mention BBW without the quote ;):

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter."

"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

Bonifer Hasty

Gendry

Shadrich the Mad Mouse

Bronze Yohn Royce (LF ain't fooling him)

The Great Jon (giant in chains)

Satin, Grenn, D. Ed and Tormund (Har!)

Benjen Stark

Ghost

The Gravedigger....I mean the Hound

Sweet Robin

Mors Umber

Pod

Big Bucket Wull (the best quote above)

The Captain (can't remember his name) of the Cinnamon Wind

All of the Mormonts, Glovers, Alys Karstark and Wylla Manderly

Morna the woods witch at the Wall

Willas Tyrell for one, he's heir to the Reach, but he's honorable, pious, kindly and above all, likeable. He's probably going to die, but hey, I can hope right?

A certain Axell Florent may cause issues for Stannis in the future, I am not sure how, I've just got that gut feeling.

Hot Pie. He'll make the poisoned pie that will kill [insert character pivotal to the story here].

Rorge and Biter are still out there aren't they? They'll probably show up in the least convenient place possible.

Leyton Hightower and the entire House Hightower are going to become major players. Their involvement in the citadel and decision not to get too involved in the squabbling of the Five Kings hints that they have a better understanding of the true forces at play in Westeros than most of the other Houses. Their coat of arm -- White, Black, Grey, and Red -- uses the same color scheme favored by Bloodraven, and suggests their affinity towards balance (between the forces of Ice and Fire). In addition, they trace their lineage to the First Men and they control the cultural seat of the First Men (even though the south has turned decidedly Andal). Finally, I can't help but think there is more to "We Light the Way" than the apparently passive approach they've taken to the affairs of Westeros since the days of the Andal invasion.

There are quite a few that I'm hoping will make a reappearance and have some significant impact on future events:

• Bronn - I'm really hoping for a Bronn/Tyrion reunion -- each lost a bit of their mojo as characters for me once they went separate ways.
  • Tytos Blackwood - I really liked his style when he was interacting with Jaime -- I would love to see a teaming up of the old guard including him, Jason Mallister, and of course, The Blackfish .
  • Garlan Tyrell - Aside from the Queen of Thorns, he's my favorite of the Tyrell clan. After all the set up of him being this great warrior, I can't believe that we've seen the last of him.
  • Shireen Baratheon - I am really, really hoping for some sort of happy ending for this sad, lonely child, unfortunately, my gut tells me that happily ever after is not in the cards for this kid.
  • Edric Storm - Okay, Davos and company risked everything to save him from Mel, so there has to be some reason for his continued existence, right??
  • Rickon Stark - He's been chillin' on Skagos with Osha for ages -- I so want him to be more than the forgotten Stark kid; maybe even give him a personality and something to do besides not get killed?

Never, ever mention BBW without the quote ;):

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter."

"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

This quote, forever seared into my mind. This is the reason Bolton and the Freys are fucked. Because they face men like this

I like the posts mentioning the Hightowers. Lord Leyton apparently has the gift of seeing, maybe he is a greenseer? And Baelor is supposedly one of the finest warriors in Westeros, I have him ranked right next to Garlan on my internal BAMF power rankings. He gets mentioned in like one line somewhere and I don't mean when Oberyn calls him Baelor breakwind lol

Archived