[BOOK SPOILERS] Events we'll see this episode

• Tyrion gets appointed master of coin and told he will marry Sansa

• Jon gets taken to the Fist of the First Men

• Dany inspects the Unsullied and agrees to sell Drogon for them

• Arya travels with the BwB looking for Beric

• Robb and Cat arrive at Riverrun; meet the Tullys; Hoster's funeral

• Stannis sends Melisandre on some quest (probably the Gendry theory)

• Jaime and Brienne are Locke's prisoners; Jaime gets behanded

• Theon is tricked by Ramsay and recaptured

• Sam and the Night's Watch arrive at Craster's

I don't think we'll see any Bran, Sansa or Tyrells this episode. They got a fair amount of stuff in episode 2. I'm unsure whether we'll see Davos, or if it's just Stannis and Mel.

I hope Jon gets reunited with Ghost at the fist and the Wildings realize that he's a warg.

It would make more sense for Jon and Ghost to be reunited when Jon returns to Castle Black at the end of the season, assuming that Ghost sticks with the rest of the NW as they head back to the Wall after Craster's and not follow Sam and Gilly. That woud just be an even stupider deviation than Ghost leaving Jon in season 2 in the first place. It seems like it would have just been easier to have kept Ghost with Jon. I don't get why they changed this.

Tyrion may be appointed Master of Coin in this episode, and Littlefinger may get his assignment to bring the Vale back into the King's Peace, but we won't see Tywin commanding Tyrion to marry Sansa yet. First Olenna and Margaery have to offer Sansa a Tyrell match, and Sansa has to spill the beans to Littlefinger - most likely something like 'I don't need you anymore, I won't come with you when you leave the city, I've got friends now!'

Then Littlefinger will go and tell Tywin, and then Tywin will command Tyrion to marry Sansa. They also have to start to establish the poisoning plot. Apparently, Olenna and Varys will have a little chat, but as of yet we have to get a Littlefinger-Olenna conversation.

From the looks of this 36 second vid we get:

-Dany negotiating for the Unsullied

-Davos/Mel leaving Dragonstone (What are they up to? Getting ready to for the Gendry/Edric storyline?)

-Theon set "free" from Ramsay

-Robb telling someone "I could have her/your head on a spike by now" (I am guessing it takes place at the Tully funeral, but not sure of the context)

-Brienne headbutting one of Locke's men (I feel like this scuffle may lead to the unhanding of Jaime)

-Mance sending scouts/Jon to the wall

-NW ranging party arrives at Craster's

-More Arya and BwB

-Tully funeral

-Somebody takes an arrow in the back (looks like the "Ramsay" that questioned Theon from ep2, same armor/helm)

Do you think they'll have Sam kill the Other before they get to Craster's? I hope so... I mean he didn't get to send the ravens in the first episode, then at least redeem him a tiny bit and let him kill the Other...

All my predictions:

-Robb leaves Roose in charge of Harrenhal, Tully funeral takes place, Edmure and Blackfish are introduced.

-Daenerys agrees to sell Drogon for the Unsullied, she learns more of Rhaegar from Barristan.

-Stannis orders Davos to be released, Melisandre leaves to find Gendry.

-Theon starts to trust Ramsay.

-Arya and The Brotherhood search for Beric with the Hound in tow.

-Tyrion talks with Varys and subtly threatens Baelish.

-Jaime has his hand cut off.

All my predictions:

-Robb leaves Roose in charge of Harrenhal, Tully funeral takes place, Edmure and Blackfish are introduced.

-Daenerys agrees to sell Drogon for the Unsullied, she learns more of Rhaegar from Barristan.

Robb already left Roose in charge, he told Catelyn that Bolton would maintain a garrison at Harrenhal when they leave for Riverrun.

From the looks of this 36 second vid we get:

-Robb telling someone "I could have her/your head on a spike by now" (I am guessing it takes place at the Tully funeral, but not sure of the context)

Karstark. He will have killed the lannister boy this episode.

• Tyrion gets appointed master of coin and told he will marry Sansa

• Jon gets taken to the Fist of the First Men

• Dany inspects the Unsullied and agrees to sell Drogon for them

• Arya travels with the BwB looking for Beric

• Robb and Cat arrive at Riverrun; meet the Tullys; Hoster's funeral

• Stannis sends Melisandre on some quest (probably the Gendry theory)

• Jaime and Brienne are Locke's prisoners; Jaime gets behanded

• Theon is tricked by Ramsay and recaptured

• Sam and the Night's Watch arrive at Craster's

I don't think we'll see any Bran, Sansa or Tyrells this episode. They got a fair amount of stuff in episode 2. I'm unsure whether we'll see Davos, or if it's just Stannis and Mel.

I agree with most of that except I think that Theon will escape and the next episode he will be captured.

Rast has been very moody lately, do you guys think the reason they put him with Sam is to set up the 'slayer' scene which will make him even more shunned?

I have a feeling that when people start praising Sam the Slayer, they'll start making fun of Rast or he'll get told off by the LC (Rast'll probably piss himself w/ the WW or abandom Sam) and that might lead to Rast killing the Old Bear at Craster's?

I know that in the books he died by a Thenn in the battle at Castle Black, right? But they could easily just have him kill the LC and kill him off sooner/have him run off in order to make it a better scene than just "random NW member #4 kills the LC." At least viewers recognize Rast.

Rast has been very moody lately, do you guys think the reason they put him with Sam is to set up the 'slayer' scene which will make him even more shunned?

I have a feeling that when people start praising Sam the Slayer, they'll start making fun of Rast or he'll get told off by the LC (Rast'll probably piss himself w/ the WW or abandom Sam) and that might lead to Rast killing the Old Bear at Craster's?

I know that in the books he died by a Thenn in the battle at Castle Black, right? But they could easily just have him kill the LC and kill him off sooner/have him run off in order to make it a better scene than just "random NW member #4 kills the LC." At least viewers recognize Rast.

Yeah, I'm positive Rast will lead the mutiny (it can't be just one guy stabbing someone in the back because Craster must die too). Rast wasn't with them in Season 2, he wasn't shown to be going Beyond the Wall, but he was a bit of an ass in Season One so rather than cast a new character with a new background to develop, they've just brought in an old one with a prior villainous streak. Pretty cool. None of my friends remembered who he was anyway, but it'll be a nice little nod when they go back and watch again.

It would make more sense for Jon and Ghost to be reunited when Jon returns to Castle Black at the end of the season, assuming that Ghost sticks with the rest of the NW as they head back to the Wall after Craster's and not follow Sam and Gilly. That woud just be an even stupider deviation than Ghost leaving Jon in season 2 in the first place. It seems like it would have just been easier to have kept Ghost with Jon. I don't get why they changed this.

Totally agree with this, they may as well stick with the change now and see it through.

As for the walk of punishment, most likely Jaime who's captured now for what, the 3rd time? Theon is probably going to be shameful too when he realizes it's all just a roose [sic]

All my predictions:

Wow, if all this gets done then there can be no more complaints about stuff not happening this season!

I'm a newbie (who has read all the books, but only once)... What's the Melissandre/Gendry story arc? I must confess I don't remember that at all. I do find it amusing that both Arya and Gendry are most-wanted fugitives while Hot Pie is just along for the ride.

Archived