Jaime Lannister's death

nordas

First, i know a lot of people already made topics about this.

Most people don't expect him to be killed by Uncat, but I have a strange feeling that Martin will just finish him off that way. I dont think he can convince the bwb about his innocence, so he will demand a trial by combat. Pure irony, but Cat will chose poor Brienne, and she is forced to kill him, to save Pod's life.

Maybe not the most original idea, but i just can't imagine Uncat to release him, after the bran incident, and after Roose's words at the wedding. And hell, he's the damn kingslayer, a man without honour. Only Brienne knows the truth about him/and the readers of corse. If you guys were in the position of the bwb, would you release the kingslyaer, would you belive his oath??

Damn blasphemy I say!

Nah seriously, I don't think he'll be killed by UnCat. He's on one of the most interesting arcs in the book imo and he's still got a lot to achieve.

I really don't think killing him accomplishes anything.

I think that the BWB is past believing anything or giving anyone a fair trial. Cat pretty much just wants to hang everyone. The only reason she let Brienne go is because she chose the "sword" over the "noose" by agreeing to kill Jamie to save Pod's life.

I don't think Jamie will die at the hands of the BWB/UnCat, but I don't think it will be because they let him go or he swore an oath to them or something. They will just escape somehow. I hope so, at least, because Jamie has become one of my favorite characters.

Cat is vengeance personified, and the BWB are carrying out her single-minded purpose of hanging everyone that had a hand in her family's deaths. So she won't be giving out any mercy any time soon.

No, I wouldn't believe him. And, while I have no idea how he's going to survive Lady Stoneheart and the BwB, I do think he will. He has unfinished business with Cersei and Tyrion.

That; he needs to be Cersei's valonqar, and I think Cersei will be the one to kill him while he's killing her.

OP, I think it will be the opposite, Brienne will volunteer as Jaime's champion. The rules of trial by combat state that one must fight in a trial by combat out of choice, and UnCat won't need Brienne to fight against a crippled Jaime in hopes of winning.

This is a trade off between two "cliche'd" endings for Jaime, but I agree that he will somehow get away from the BWB because he needs to deal with Cersei. I'm not sure he's the valonqar, but he has to reckon with Cersei, whether it's via confrontation that leaves one of them dead, or just some kind of emotional "closure".

That; he needs to be Cersei's valonqar, and I think Cersei will be the one to kill him while he's killing her.

This is Jaime's destiny, to be Cersei's Valonqar. I hate it when people say she'll kill him as well but that's what will probably happen.

Everyone thinks he is cersei's valonqar. I still doubt he could hurt her. Everything came true, what the maegi said, so thre must be something, one fake piece of the prophecy. I do believe she will removed by the younger queen/ this could be maybe sansa, if the vale declares independance and she becomes a queen...

hah, i see most of you guys still have an idealistic view on asoiaf.

Sorry, but there is no way Jaime will redeemed as a hero...He will always be considered as "the kingslayer" in westeros

He may never be considered in Westeros, but that doesn't mean his story is over.

My rule of thumb for these books have been, expect what you don't expect. Jamie dies, Uncat recieves her "justice" and the fans ASOIF fans are disgusted, until later in the book when some other incredible twist happens that wins back the fans love.

Not sure if I need to post spoiler on here b/c I think this thread is for future speculation which means I wouldn't need it but I will anyway.

: You guys are believing in karma affecting outcomes way way too much in this story.GRRM has crushed karmic justice as the ultimate means of characters' demise more times than I can remember through the books. If someone were to kill Gregor don't you think it should have been Sandor? They had serious unfinished business. Rob's vengeance on Theon, Rob's vengeance on Joffrey for having his father killed, Brienne's vengeance on Stannis for Renly, Oberon (Obyron?) didn't get to live to see Gregor suffer nor did any of the other Martels, nor did they get to take his head themselves. Trying to remember others but it's been a while since I read the books. Might just be my pessimism but it seems like the bad guys just get murdered by other bad guys (or ppl who are inconsequential to the storyline otherwise) and justice is robbed from the victims. Don't think I have a problem with GRRM's writing in that though. It puts a realistic atmosphere to the story and makes it unpredictable as to who will die and how, something GRRM holds in highest priority when he writes - unpredictability. I remember how shocked I was when I read Drogo died, and from an infection, basically (would have died from the infection/Miri Maz Dur poisoning combo if she hadn't done the ritual which ended with Drogo's death anyway I know). It took me 2 books to peg it but that's his pattern. If someone isn't needed to complete his ultimate storyline and isn't a major character CHILD then he's gonna set his highest thinking priority on how to kill everyone else in some unpredictable, out-of-nowhere shocking death. My prediction is Jaime WILL die, no doubt in my mind, but I'm not sure when. I think Martin thought long and hard about Jaime's death in particular knowing how interesting the character is to readers. I doubt it will be something as boring as Cat ordering him executed and it simply being carried out, but other than that, I'm guessing it will be pretty dramatic. I can almost gaurantee it will be something that nobody could predict down to details. Who would have predicted that, at the point Drogo had the infection when Danny truly cared about him that she'd be the one to kill him? That's how Martin writes.

Archived