Jaime Lannister's death

nordas

My perfect ending is for Jaime to be sat on the Iron Throne at the end of the series, waiting who comes in to claim it. His arcs not over yet and I think he has a big eng game role to play, finally becoming the true Knight he's working towards being.

He will be the "unlikely" person sitting on IT at the end - in the same manner as it all begun - with bloody sword in his hand and body of another King at his feet, and with Northern host entering the city :)

Welcome Brethren! :D

Wait...is it a foregone conclusion that Brienne intends to take Jaime before Lady Stoneheart right away? When did that become fact? No, I believe she has something else in mind ;)

Of course!

Her vow was "Take the sword and kill the Kingslayer."

Not "Take the sword and bring the Kingslayer alive to me."

If UnBrienne brings UnCat anything it will be Jaime's corpse.

Needless to say, UnJaime will be returning to King's Landing soon thereafter.

I take it Arya will learn that Jaime was the one who shoved Bran out of the window (she doesn't know yet!), and she'll kill him in an awesome sword fight of the left-handers! :fencing:

Arya wouldnt get into a swordfight like some blustering Bravo.. If Arya killed Jaime, He would only see her if she wanted him to see her.

although a lefty-lefty sword fight for revenge would be cool, especially with the added dyanmic that Jaime is sworn to return the Stark girls, an oath he tries to keep.

I'm hoping they kill Jaime. I'd rather have UnCat get her revenge and kill the man that's responsible for Bran being paralyzed, which also led to the assassin and Cat leaving Winterfell and never returning. And also the man she believes is responsible for the Red Wedding.

If there is any character who "deserves" to kill another character, it's UnCat killing Jaime.

Plus I'm not too interested in Jaime killing Cersei, it's just far too predictable. Plus I'm in the "Aegon for Valonqar" bandwagon. Jaime making it back to King's Landing ruins my predictions.

Hmmm, I think Brienne will champion Jaime if it comes to it.

Alternately, if it happans before a weirwood tree, maybe Bran will help him out as he helps out Theon.

I always wondered if the woman sacrificing a man under the weirwood that bran saw in his vision , was some kind of prelude to Jamie and Stineheart. Bran screams " no no".

I'm hoping they kill Jaime. I'd rather have UnCat get her revenge and kill the man that's responsible for Bran being paralyzed, which also led to the assassin and Cat leaving Winterfell and never returning. And also the man she believes is responsible for the Red Wedding.

If there is any character who "deserves" to kill another character, it's UnCat killing Jaime.

Plus I'm not too interested in Jaime killing Cersei, it's just far too predictable. Plus I'm in the "Aegon for Valonqar" bandwagon. Jaime making it back to King's Landing ruins my predictions.

I agree that it would be justice if UnCat kills Jaime, but I don't think it will happen. I can't believe that he'll die at her hands since I believe him to be the volonqar. Now, to some readers, it is predictable. However, it would be morbidly ironic if Cersei is killed by the one person in the world that she actually trusts. It would be the last thing Cersei expects, and that's why I would love to see it. Granted, I don't think he'll survive the series, but he'll live long enough to kill Cersei.

I'm convinced that Jaime will end up leading the Lannisters in the coming civil war. It seems to be set up with how some of his thoughts were turning toward this, such as his feelings of guilt about his father's death. I definitely don't think he's done yet.

Him becoming a kingslayer again is an interesting idea. What king would he kill? I just can't see any scenario where he kills Tommen.

One of the beauty of GRRM's stories, and what a few people fail to understand (because he hides it so well) is that he usually kills major characters to mark a significant shift in the direction of the plot, rather than just arbitrarily. He gives them plans for the future to disguise their deaths as arbitrary, but often they are not.

Some examples:

King Robert -- his death marks the shift between court scheming and open conflict.

Ned -- his death ensures that the War of Five Kings will be long and uncertain.

Robb & Catelyn -- The RW marks the defeat of the Starks and beginning of the aftermath (which includes the UnCat plotline).

Joffrey -- Sansa escapes the capital and Tyrion is parted from loyalty to the Lannisters.

Tywin -- Cersei assumes power and the Lannister's hold on power (ie. the Tyrell and Martell alliances) begins to slip.

Sandor Clegane -- His seeming death is immediately followed by Arya leaving Westeros.

Oberyn Martell -- His death angers Dorne and brings that kingdom fully into the story.

Lysa Arryn -- Littlefinger is suddenly poised to bring the Vale into play.

Beric Dondarrion -- Allows the BWB to take a darker turn under UnCat.

Quentyn Martell is one that I haven't quite figured out yet, but he was a one-book character and the Dornish consequences of his death have not been published yet.

I, personally, cannot see what major shift in the story would result from Jaime being killed outright by the BWB. That's why I don't believe in it. Plus he has to be Cersei's valonqar :D

Arya wouldnt get into a swordfight like some blustering Bravo.. If Arya killed Jaime, He would only see her if she wanted him to see her.

Wouldn't she?.

He tested the point with his thumb. "A bravo's blade," he said. "Yet it seems to me that I know this maker's mark. This is Mikken's work."

Day will come to chose between the FM and Needle...

Of course!

Her vow was "Take the sword and kill the Kingslayer."

Not "Take the sword and bring the Kingslayer alive to me."

If UnBrienne brings UnCat anything it will be Jaime's corpse.

Needless to say, UnJaime will be returning to King's Landing soon thereafter.

Heh, well, for now I'm thinking the something else Brienne has in mind is more along the lines of taking Jaime and trying to accomplish something that could possibly pull their bacon out of the fire like finding one of Lady Stoneheart's daughters (I'm thinkin' Sansa and possibly with Sandor's help). I will be very surprised if Brienne even tries to kill Jaime ;)

I think the beauty of this plot is that it could be anything from "Brienne is trying to get Jaime out of here" to "Brienne is trying to kill Jaime without his knowledge"

We don't know if she's taking him to Lady Stoneheart or as far away from her as possible.

We don't know if he's going to kill her or kiss her.

We don't know anything.

Heh, well, for now I'm thinking the something else Brienne has in mind is more along the lines of taking Jaime and trying to accomplish something that could possibly pull their bacon out of the fire like finding one of Lady Stoneheart's daughters (I'm thinkin' Sansa and possibly with Sandor's help). I will be very surprised if Brienne even tries to kill Jaime ;)

I will also be surprised if we see this. Jaime has been missing for months already. If he has been killed (and I think he has been) he has been killed offscreen. Indeed, whatever it was that was going to happen, enough time has passed that we must already have missed much of it. Brienne and Jaime's POVs seem to have ... stopped (just as Catelyn's POV has stopped).

If I am right, the next thing we shall see is Jaime riding back into King's Landing. Except ... this will really be UnJaime.

Wait...is it a foregone conclusion that Brienne intends to take Jaime before Lady Stoneheart right away? When did that become fact? No, I believe she has something else in mind ;)

ITA with this, we have no idea what Brienne herself is planning, much less if someone like Sandor or The Blackfish or any number of others could be following her, them, etc. Regarldess of plans, anything can happen between the moment Brienne and Jaime disappeared together until any eventual encounter with LS. I mostly think it is Sandor that could be the wild card, but there is also something about Thoros too, he seems very disillusioned with BwB leadership under LS and I think there is a small chance that he may do something about the Jaime and Brienne situation. His talk with Brienne was interesting, not to mention, Thoros knows Jaime from KL, perhaps he is the one who would actually hear the truth in Brienne's tale?

I just think there are a number of possibilites on what could happen, I don't take things that happened in that last chapter with Jaime and Brienne at face value (as, there isn't much there to analyze anyway, LOL), and besides, if GRRM isn't doing any new POVs, he can't kil POVs off left and right, certainly not right away, that gives me pause, too.

I will also be surprised if we see this. Jaime has been missing for months already. If he has been killed (and I think he has been) he has been killed offscreen. Indeed, whatever it was that was going to happen, enough time has passed that we must already have missed much of it. Brienne and Jaime's POVs seem to have ... stopped (just as Catelyn's POV has stopped).

If I am right, the next thing we shall see is Jaime riding back into King's Landing. Except ... this will really be UnJaime.

I can't believe I'm asking this but I just have to... Were you aware that Feast and Dance run concurrently in the same time for the most part?

Archived