Dexter: The Final Season

Commodore

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the advertizing and sneak peaks for the new season looks genuinely promising, I'm getting all kinds of hopeful over here.

Apparently Showtime did a marathon of season 6 a day or two ago, but I didn't have time to watch it. I'm... not sure if I have it in me to sit through the high school reunion again anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/OPMHf.gif

Most of the advertizing and sneak peaks for the new season looks genuinely promising, I'm getting all kinds of hopeful over here.

Same here. I always assumed the series would end w/ Dex dying. But part of me is now hoping he puts Deb down before she can turn him in and moves to Brazil or something and keeps on keeping on.

• 5 weeks later...

Same here. I always assumed the series would end w/ Dex dying. But part of me is now hoping he puts Deb down before she can turn him in and moves to Brazil or something and keeps on keeping on.

That's a hilarious way of putting it: "Puts Deb down". :-)

But one of the Morgan kids has got to go. I'm tired of seeing Deb's crying monologues every episode, so I really wouldn't mind it if she was eliminated (even though it'd be at the end of the season, anyway... but still, it'd feel like justice.... no more tears, just like the shampoo promise), but my preference still lies with Dexter getting busted. Because he's the hero, it'd just feel like such a hard blow.

Too many people over the years have learned about his "dark passenger", and it's getting ridiculous how he keeps skirting the law. Even if he is killing sickies.... time for the slammer!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting season opener. I'm surprised the "psycho whisperer" found out Dex so quickly. I thought that dance would last most of the season.

She came back to Miami one year ago out of the blue, and I think it's pretty obvious Dexter was the reason. Now how she knows about Harry's code? Whoah...only person who could dish on that would be Deb...or wait maybe Harry himself way, way back when he realized Dex was messed up

Half decent episode though, the show lost its mojo for me after season 4.

She came back to Miami one year ago out of the blue, and I think it's pretty obvious Dexter was the reason. Now how she knows about Harry's code? Whoah...only person who could dish on that would be Deb...or wait maybe Harry himself way, way back when he realized Dex was messed up

Half decent episode though, the show lost its mojo for me after season 4.

I thought they implied that Harry had told her about Dexter back in the day. Where else would she get Dex's old drawings from? She might have been the one who gave Harry the idea of giving Dexter a code to begin with, as she seems to have some empathy for serial killers.

I thought that this was a solid opening. I haven't been really interested in Dexter for a long time now, but I have kept watching and hoping for a return to form. This story line has potential, and I am really enjoying watching his slow loss of control and I hope the writers can keep that up.

I don't think that this is going to end with Dexter dead or in jail though. I am saying this because it seems that there was a possibility of doing additional seasons until Les Moonvies announced that this would be the final year. They may have changed the story line since then, but I was under the strong impression that the writers wanted to leave the possibility for other stories open.

I thought that this was a solid opening. I haven't been really interested in Dexter for a long time now, but I have kept watching and hoping for a return to form. This story line has potential, and I am really enjoying watching his slow loss of control and I hope the writers can keep that up.

I don't think that this is going to end with Dexter dead or in jail though. I am saying this because it seems that there was a possibility of doing additional seasons until Les Moonvies announced that this would be the final year. They may have changed the story line since then, but I was under the strong impression that the writers wanted to leave the possibility for other stories open.

Maybe dexter does not end up dead but ends up all alone or he kills him self.

I don't get the complaints about s5, s6 and s7. Sure, they weren't the best seasons of Dexter, but they were still better than, say 70% of everything else on tv. They had action, they had suspense, they had good acting and interesting characters (Lumen, Hanna, Rey Stevenson's character whose name I don't remember in the show, Jordan Chase). They were very fun to watch.

That said, I have absolute faith in the writers that this season will be great. Ms Vogal (Vogel, Vogle whatever) is creepy as hell, and it looks like she already knew about Dexter

It was ok. There was minimal fluff surrounding the supporting cast except for the nanny and Quinn but that was tolerable eye candy. Everything else seemed to be on Dexter and Debs which is good. Dexter has pretty much ruined Debs but I did find it interesting how he's slipping without her. Could this be Dexter slipping into full on villain or will it be reined in somehow?

Not so interested in granny serial profiler to be honest. I'm guessing it will turn out that his code was one that she designed for his Dad to use on him which is why she knows who and what he is and why she has the pictures. I hope she's not the season villain though. That should be Dexter.

I'm looking forward to his ex getting out of prison as she'll mix things up and I still feel sorry that those two crazy kids didn't make it work. I also think last season would have ended so much better if Debs had framed her for the poisoning.

Dex seems to be losing his shit without Deb. I'm ok with this, always kinda wanted to see him go full on killer. Him becoming the villain would be a decent way to end the series in my opinion. I also like that he and Deb aren't doing some kind of Bonnie and Clyde thing, although I guess that could still potentially happen. First episode wasn't bad.

From the preview for the next episode:

"Psychopaths aren't mistakes of nature, they're a gift."

What? What the hell is this crazy old English lady smoking?

Vogel - German word meaning bird.

I wouldn't mind Dexter going full killer if it meant he'd be caught.

Also, Hannah already said that she doesn't kill for the same reasons Dex does, didn't she? She's not a sociopath, I thought.

I watched this last episode with a friend who said he thought Debra DID set Hannah up with the poisoning. It could absolutely still be true, could it not?

didn't Hannah say something along the lines of "I thought you would have taken my side/she had it coming" . I guess she could have just been bitter and trying to hurt Dexter in a Tyrion style but it didn't come over like that. I'd be more than happy for them to retcon this (although they put those scenes in the season catch up at the start of the show) as it would provide a good reason for letting her out. Although I can't recall if they had evidence for her other killings or not,

pretty stupid of her to just go with it and not even suggest Debs might be setting her up. Especially since it was Dexter who put the finishing touches to getting her imprisoned.

Archived