what will happen with ko jhaqo and daenerys ?

davybyrne95

I'm guessing you are a Danaerys fan by your avatar. I hate to remind you, but characters who find themselves with the best military situation tend to lose out pretty quickly.

• Tywin Lannister had Riverrun penned up and outnumbered Robb Stark with either of his two armies. Then Jaime is captured, one army is smashed, Riverrun joins forces with Robb, and suddenly the Reach marches with Renly.
  • Renly had the most numbers, could afford to play the waiting game while the other sides wore themselves out fighting each other, but gets stabbed by his own shadow which looks remarkably similar to his brother Stannis.
  • Stanis now had numerical superiority over King's Landing and Tywin's remaining force, plus a naval supremacy. He runs into a defense in depth created by Tyrion, and gets blindsided by a soldiers of the Reach who just months ago marched against Lannisters now fighting with Lannisters.

I'm sure you can add to this list on your own.

If Dany finds herself in a dominant military position, it will come crashing down on her at the speed of plot.

I'm not necessarily rooting for Dany to win, I just want to see a good battle when she gets to Westeros, and if Dorne sides with Aegon and with the Golden Company, Dance of the Dragons 2.0 will be well-matched. I don't think it's going to matter who wins the Iron Throne, I'm just hoping for a good, epic battle scene, and considering what she is bringing to the table, it's shaping up to be incredible.

Why are people thinking Mago will live while Jhaqo dies? He is his bloodrider and he dies with him or after he avenges him. Not every ancient custom is going to change because our silver haired custom changer is present.

I also find her position of standing beside Drogon pretty nonstrategical. She would be much safer on the dragonback, ready to get outta there if the shit goes down badly. Now she is just an easy target for the arrows.

1. GRRM described Mago as a "recurring" character in TWoW. To me, that suggests she won't roast him straight away; if that was the case, why would he tell Benioff and Weiss that they should have kept his character alive on the show?
  2. Standing beside Drogon is a sign of negotiation and strength, rather than pure hostility and fear.

Why are people thinking Mago will live while Jhaqo dies? He is his bloodrider and he dies with him or after he avenges him. Not every ancient custom is going to change because our silver haired custom changer is present.

I also find her position of standing beside Drogon pretty nonstrategical. She would be much safer on the dragonback, ready to get outta there if the shit goes down badly. Now she is just an easy target for the arrows.

I think she's safe, so long as Drogon stays with her. He's like a dog. Not totally obedient, but he'd react furiously to any attack on Dany.

Well from Dany's chapter I got the impression she actively sought out the Dothraki, believing she was following Quathies prophecy or whatever it was. She The Dothraki are won over by displays of strength, and I think Drogon can easily take on 50 horsemen if they are stupid enough to attack. Just a shame Dany no longer has her tinkly bells to show her victories :(

This is not the day she dies.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thought... Wasn't Jaquo a bloodrider to Drogo? Doesn't that mean that his last duty is supposed to be to bring Drogo's Khaleesi back to the Crones of the Dosh Khaleen and then he's supposed to kill himself?

Maybe she's going to mock his honor the whole way back to Vaes Dothrak and then get there and tell him to off himself. Bet he chickens out and she and Drogon take over all the Khalassars!!!

Then she can go dracarys on him and have the crones kneel to her.

Still think the crones are the solution to managing all the cities in Essos. They manage Vaes Dothrak, and there's a bunch of them. They'll know what to do about Mereen, Astapor Yunkai and all the rest. Then Dany can move on to Westeros.

No he wasn't, he was a ko of Drogo (kind of a general), so that isn't his duty.

Well from Dany's chapter I got the impression she actively sought out the Dothraki, believing she was following Quathies prophecy or whatever it was. She The Dothraki are won over by displays of strength, and I think Drogon can easily take on 50 horsemen if they are stupid enough to attack. Just a shame Dany no longer has her tinkly bells to show her victories :(

This is not the day she dies.

I think that's part of what's so revolutionary about Dany becoming the Dothraki leader - she's a woman, and she has no hair, no braid, no bells. She's everything that the Dothraki normally would not look to in a leader.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not necessarily rooting for Dany to win, I just want to see a good battle when she gets to Westeros, and if Dorne sides with Aegon and with the Golden Company, Dance of the Dragons 2.0 will be well-matched. I don't think it's going to matter who wins the Iron Throne, I'm just hoping for a good, epic battle scene, and considering what she is bringing to the table, it's shaping up to be incredible.

:agree:

• 1 year later...

First post! Lets make it a good one..

If Khal Jhaqo wishes to live he's going to need to lay his braid at her feet, but he need not do so immediately.

I see 3 routes to this;

1. A challenge of single combat isn't something a Khal would easily refuse, being Dothraki this will surely be mounted combat! Seeing the folly in this he may submit straight off. (This is all rather doubtful as someone (Oprahnoodlemantra) mentioned that it would make a better ending than a beginning)

2. Dany submits to Jhaqo allowing him to take her back to Vaes Dothrak. I feel the return of a Khaleesi to the mountain would be steeped in ceremony possibly warranting a gathering of the Khalasars to mourn the passing of a great Khal at which point Dany could make her move and unite them under her rule. (This one ticks all the boxes for me)

3. Dany could force a convergence of the Khalasars to Vaes Dothrak by announcing her intent to Khal Jhaqo flying to the city and drowning the mountain in dragonflame. (not sure how the Dothraki would react to the destruction of their most holy site but atleast she never drew a sword)

I all cases I see Dany at Vaes Dothrak very soon. I believe this fulfills the 'go back to move forward' prophecy both Geographically and Chronologically (from danys veiwpoint) aswell as returning to her brothers plan to acquire a legion of Dothraki screamers.

Another rather compelling reason is simply the reality of Danys wish to stamp out slavery in Essos, in order to do this she will need to fundamentally change the Dothraki Culture and cut off supply of most of the slaves to the "free" cities.

Which one do you think most likely? And do you dispute my assertion that Dany is destined for Vaes Dothrak?

Routes 1 and 2 seem logical to me. Route 3 does not—I can't see her laying waste to the mountain, considering she once considered it her home.

And I agree, her going back to Vaes Dothrak does play into her prophecy.

Routes 1 and 2 seem logical to me. Route 3 does not—I can't see her laying waste to the mountain, considering she once considered it her home.

And I agree, her going back to Vaes Dothrak does play into her prophecy.

"Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed"

You mean this prophecy?

i almost hate the fact that Dany is practically "invincible" at this point...i think the coolest/least predictable thing he could do at this point is kill her and have someone else take control of the dragon's (Euron's horn/some weird thing with Tyrion being a Targaryen because the mad king raped his mom or something, baby Aegon/Faegon etc.). In my opinion she's just kind of become a boring character, IKE mentioned her being in chains, something like that would be a welcome change after all of the BS in Mereen

Martin is a pacifist, grew up during the cold war and hates Nukes. He's said before that the Dragons are metaphors for nuclear weapons. So, I think the plot twist was always going to be that Dany makes it to Westeros but when she unleashes her dragons, everything is destroyed. The problem is the story has taken longer than expected, and that means she's needed much more plot armor. But she has to at least make it to Westeros at some point, the story demands it. That means one way or the other, she'll survive her encounter with the Dothraki. And why reintroduce them, if they aren't going to be useful?

I may be wrong, but didn't Martin say in an interview that both Jhaqo and the other Dothraki (I forget his name, was it Pono or was it Mago?) would have important roles to play in TWOW? Getting roasted inmediately by Drogon wouldn't be a "very important role", so my bet is he'll survive this encounter and follow Daenerys, at least for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple answer is she will give them a chance to prove themselves loyal, Jhaqo and Mago could be taken hostage by the Dothraki who now can follow Daenerys now Drogon is rideable and scarier than when they last saw him

I may be wrong, but didn't Martin say in an interview that both Jhaqo and the other Dothraki (I forget his name, was it Pono or was it Mago?) would have important roles to play in TWOW? Getting roasted inmediately by Drogon wouldn't be a "very important role", so my bet is he'll survive this encounter and follow Daenerys, at least for a while.

That could still be an important role. By getting roasted, Jhaqo indirectly helps her take control of the Dothraki and become The Khal of Khals (or The Stallion That Mounts The World if you wish).

i agree she gets the screamers, but with her experience of the Dothraki, I can't see her taking them to westeros to loot and pillage her lands after conquest. Unless she changes them completely. So i think they will end up ruling the slaver's bay cities for her, thus wiping out both the supply & demand for slavery.I think she progresses to Westeros with the Unsullied and whatever troops she gets from Victarion & those who switched sides from the Yunkish.

Archived