A Feast for Crows Illustrated Dust Jacket Proof

scoogs

I'm selling a very rare proof of the original version of the dust jacket for A Feast for Crows.

The history of these is that after the proofs were made, Wal-mart pressured the publisher to change it to a more mainstream art style. The publisher caved and the illustrated version matching the previous books was scrapped.

Only 25 of these are known to exist. Jacket is in as new condition and has been signed by the illustrator.

I'm also including a 1st/1st of the book, see my listing for more details and PM me with any questions.

My auction listing is here.

8646854988_3241440905.jpg

That's pretty awesome, if you had posted this about a month from now I'd probably bid on it, but I'm just getting back to work. One of these signed by Steven Youll just sold a few days ago for around $300 I believe. Good luck!

Thanks Ser Jake. It is a really nice cover.

Mine is signed by Stephen Youll as well.

I was watching the other one that sold recently. I'm actually suprised it didn't get more bids, considering the rarity. The seller was somewhere in Eastern Europe, so maybe that kept a few bidders away.

It's Jamie Lannister (as per Stephen Youll).

I'm surprised. I too thought it was supposed to be Arys Oakheart riding into Dorne. My initial thought was Jaime riding back to King's Landing, but then I noticed the um... hand.

Like I said, if for some reason no one ends up buying that, I will most likely be making an offer. Literally just went back to work today, I'd like to get a paycheck or two before I go spending hundreds on a book.

I'm surprised. I too thought it was supposed to be Arys Oakheart riding into Dorne. My initial thought was Jaime riding back to King's Landing, but then I noticed the um... hand...

Ditto. There is a Lannister Lion on the horse's rear cover, but yeah, that hand is a bit confusing. Maybe that's the true reason why Wal-Mart wanted the cover redone. :cool4:

Ditto. There is a Lannister Lion on the horse's rear cover, but yeah, that hand is a bit confusing. Maybe that's the true reason why Wal-Mart wanted the cover redone. :cool4:

I was told Walmart wanted something more general (mass appeal), less fantasy-looking.

Oh and Stephen Youll is now sold out of all of his proofs. It's obviously not as rare as the 1st state 'Salem's Lot DJ but that goes for something like 50k now! Anyone looking for this might want to jump on it.

I was wondering if he had sold out, since he hadn't changed the message on his website when Iooked a few days ago (he has now). I bought one of these covers from him last year; I think he was asking under $100 then.

BTW, the thicker UK hardcover of Feast fits these jackets better than the thinner US edition.

Youll also did a cover for Dance with Dragons for foreign editions, so far I think it's only been used on the Greek edition.

I was wondering if he had sold out, since he hadn't changed the message on his website when Iooked a few days ago (he has now). I bought one of these covers from him last year; I think he was asking under $100 then.

BTW, the thicker UK hardcover of Feast fits these jackets better than the thinner US edition.

Youll also did a cover for Dance with Dragons for foreign editions, so far I think it's only been used on the Greek edition.

I never got a UK version. I'll have to get my hands on one. Do you know if Stephen sells those dust jackets? I know he has the prints but I would rather have a DJ.

• 1 month later...

The FFC are rare, but there were 30 of them, I understand....

There were only 7 dust jackets made for Game of Thrones, using the art from the ARC, by Stephen Youll.

These are not the same as the dust jacket on the ARC... These have a price, and do not say "Advance Reading Copy"...

https://www.facebook...&type=1

I was lucky to get them when I bought the original ARC painting... :)

https://www.facebook...&type=1

P.

Archived