Best Deaths - Book Character guessing game VI

Myrish Swamp Thing

Hello, and welcome to the sixth edition of the Book Character guessing game.

First of all, a big thanks to Syseanne, KhaleesiDany, Franz95, Juli and Blackbear for hosting the previous editions :D

To recap the results of the previous games, we had

• Most loved character: Arya Stark
  • Most hated character: Ramsay Snow Bolton
  • Sexiest character: Jaime Lannister (with Arianne Martell as the sexiest female character)
  • Most badass character: Asha Greyjoy
  • Funniest character: "Dolorous" Edd Tollet

This game has two stages. In the first one, anyone who wishes to can build a list of the top 20 deaths in the story, and send it to me via PM. I will then give 20 points for a #1 spot in each list, 19 points for a #2 spot, and so on. The criteria for best death can be anything you want: most hearbreaking and tear jerking, biggest dying moment of awesome, best moment of revenge, etc. I strongly suggest you use a combination of various criteria when building your list, and remind you to expect some friendly grilling as the results are revealed. Any deaths referenced in the books are eligible (not just those that happen within the timeline of the books), but only confirmed deaths are valid (so, Jon Snow is not eligible), and nothing from the Winds of Winter previews is valid either (I don't think anyone worth noticing has died in those so far, anyway). Finally, I request that, if you want to put similar deaths with little or nothing to distinguish them, you put them in a single spot (for example, use only one spot on your list for the Freys that become pies, instead of three).

Right now it is 10:10 PM of Sunday, April 14 (eastern Australia time). Since we can expect PMs (and in fact, the whole forum) to work intermitently because of extra show-related traffic, I will give you two full weeks to submit your lists. at 10:10 PM on April 28, submissions will be closed and I will post the honorable mentions (ranks 21 to 25), along with the hint for #20.

Which brings me to the actual character-guessing part of the game. For characters ranked #20 to #6, I will give a hint related to each character so you can guess who it is (the top 5 character guesses work under a different system, which I will explain when the time comes). Once I post the hint, you can make guess a single character (which gives you 5 points if guessed correctly), or you can post three ranked guesses (3 points if your top guess is correct, 2 points if the second guess is correct, 1 point if the third one is correct). Example:

Hint: WWII general

Alice guesses:

George Patton

Bob guesses

Bernard Montgomery

George Patton

Erich von Manstein

Chris guesses:

Georgy Zhukov

If Patton is the correct character, Alice gets 5 points and Bob gets 2 points. If Montgomery is correct, Bob gets 3 points. If the right guess is von Manstein, Bob gets 1 point, and if Zhukov is right, Chris gets 5 points.

If you didn't submit a list, you can still participate in the guessing part. Also, if you wish to change your guess at some point, please edit your previous post instead of making a new one.

So, I think this is all you need to know, so let's play.

EDIT to fix an embarrasing typo :P

EDIT 2: The lists have been submitted, time to post the list here

25: Rickard Stark

24: Brandon Stark

23: Waymar Royce

22: The Tickler

21: Vargo Hoat

20: Aerys II Targaryen

19: Lady

18: Grey Wind

17: Renly Baratheon

16: Beric Dondarrion

15: Rhaegar Targaryen

14: Janos Slynt

13: Joffrey Baratheon

12: Syrio Forel

11: Donal Noye

10: Ygritte

09: Jared/Rhaegar/Symond Frey

08: Robert Baratheon

07: Viserys Targaryen

06: Lysa Arryn

05: Tywin Lannister

04: Catelyn Stark

03: Oberyn Martell

02: Robb Stark

01: Ned Stark

Hound is not Dead

I know :) and I believe it wholeheartedly but it's not confirmed right. It's still just a theory. I just wanted to see where do we stand on it,so it's official Hound is alive. What about Syrio? There are theoriew he's not dead cause we didn't see him die ''onscrean'' so where do we stand on this? I myself think he's dead.

I know :) and I believe it wholeheartedly but it's not confirmed right. It's still just a theory. I just wanted to see where do we stand on it,so it's official Hound is alive. What about Syrio? There are theoriew he's not dead cause we didn't see him die ''onscrean'' so where do we stand on this? I myself think he's dead.

Yes people debate it. But mostly he is considered dead.

We really shouldn't discuss it, just go with your gut feeling. It's up to everyone else to try and guess the way you were thinking. So it doesn't matter if they are maybe dead or not, if it was shown by GRRM as a 'death,' you can use it.

:thumbsup: Also thanks a lot MST for hosting! :thumbsup:

Following Blackbear's suggestion, I have decided that I'll allow the more ambiguous deaths. If you have already sent me a list but want to change that, feel free to do so.

As for which characters belong grouped and which don't, I'll go with my gut instinct and answer each of you individually to request grouping/degrouping characters. In this area, you have an MSTatorship :P

Archived