How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

machina.
  • The chase scene was fantastic (and I'm sure cost a fortune in stunt men and horses).

Reminiscent of the Arwen/The Nine chase scene with Frodo on board - white horse and rider(s) pursued by bad guys dressed in black - was reminded of it instantly.

I did think the whole "Podrick the Playa" scene was funny. The scene where the Blackfish looses the arrow and he lights up the pyre was great!

Bye bye Hot Pie :( That was sweet. I miss Vargo Hoat's lisp. "SATHIRES!" Would've preferred the book way Jaime lost his hand.

Theon's chase was good. I also liked Tyrion's revelation on Baelish's borrowing. The Bear @ the Maiden Fair! Loved both versions. It was a good episode. Gave an 8. Looking forward to next weeks epi!

Just watched again, and I'm still not a fan of the episode. Nothing really moved me except the Jaime scene, and that was compromised by the punk song. Blackfish was a good character intro. The Theon stuff will be interesting to book readers since it will flesh out all the stuff that happens to Theon that we dont actually experience. But lots of time wasting with moving chairs, whorehouse, and that awful, AWFUL Stannis portrayal.

Just didnt feel it like the rest of you. Dr. pepper said it well, this might be an episode that I can appreciate more after watching follow up eps, but on its own, it did nothing for me. I actually enjoyed the first 2 eps more than this one.

Gave it a 5, which in hindsight seems a bit harsh (probably should have given it a 6). But not getting anything close to a 10.

i'd give it an 8. enjoyed the scenes with jaime the most. the song was lame.

a bit disappointed with the characterizations of mance and tormund thus far. when is tormund going to mention his status as father of bears?!

oh yeah, not a big fan of the stannis scene either. made him look like a schmuck.

Edited by shamshir

I can understand thinking the Pod scenes were a bit silly and unnecessary but the chair moving and prolonged awkward silences was probably the hardest I've ever laughed at this show (except for the ending to the episode, jesus christ that was delightfully twisted).

It's unfair for me to call anyone who didn't like it "whiners" though because I get how it could be a really hit or miss, polarizing kind of episode. It just happened to hit all the right marks with me.

edit: oh and craster licking his lips at sam, hahahaha

Edited by huntington

5/10 One point off for making Stannis look like a jerk. One point off for the fact that the've gotten cheap with the musical score this year and are only recycling themes from prior seasons. One point off for another episode that felt like a soap opera. One point added for the musical chairs in the Small Council and Poderick's "initiation". Three points off for turning the Bear and the Maiden Fair into a rock song.

What worked for me:

- Dany's part was great. Barristan, Jorah, Kraznys, Missandei and Dany all were performed amazingly. Loved the Rhaegar references.

- The small council scene was awesome. Again all the actors there did a great job

- The whole thing at Craster's keep

- Jaime/Brienne, saphires, hand and all

- The Hot Pie scene was adorable. There isn't too much cuteness on this show so that made me smile

- I actually liked the Talisa scene too, probably for the same reason as above

- Love the set for Riverrun. Cat and Robb were great.

What didn't work:

- Blackfish pushing Edmure

- The Stannis/Mel thing was just weird

- The random Pod scene. Total waste of time

A much more eventful episode than the last 2, naturally. I'd say it's a 9

Edited by The She Wolf

i gave it a 7

i liked the episode, just a few things were hard for me to watch, i don't know how people liked tyrion dragging the chair, i thought it was terrible, i know he is a joker but he doesn't try to act a fool infront of his father and tywin would have never stood up to that, would've thrown him out the room

next stannis? i don't know, maybe since there is no POV of him in books you don't know what he is like really, but that was just weird and creepy

and last i think, i liked the blackfish and edmure, just didn't like him pushing edmure out of the way after he shot the arrow and then just leave, you don't do that to your liege lord

well i guess, other then that 30 seconds of TV in total, the rest of the episode was pretty good, i really thought theon was going to get his shit pushed in, and the pod with the whores was funny ( still don't think they didn't want the money lol) i liked the daenarys parts as well, like i said, besides those little things i was fine with it, i really wish they could do full hour episodes or even maybe make it a 12-13 episode season, or break it up into two, like 6-7 episodes every half season, would be sweet,

most of the ep was good. but last scene was really dissapointing with that shtty music credits. i never imagined they will include that kind of modern version of that song.

i was watching this ep3 online on my pc and during last scene of jamie when roose bannerman tells jamie something and suddenly the music starts. first i thought some popup or ad appeared on my internet browser so i minimsed my chrome browser to close that ad or popup in the background to stop that music. but wtf !!!!!!!!!it was no ad or any popup. it was actually music given to the tv show itself. it was end credits.i was really stunned.

most of the ep was good. but last scene was really dissapointing with that shtty music credits. i never imagined they will include that kind of modern version of that song.

i was watching this ep3 online on my pc and during last scene of jamie when roose bannerman tells jamie something and suddenly the music starts. first i thought some popup or ad appeared on my internet browser so i minimsed my chrome browser to close that ad or popup in the background to stop that music. but wtf !!!!!!!!!it was no ad or any popup. it was actually music given to the tv show itself. it was end credits.i was really stunned.

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at people who are complaining because the torrented version had a messed up sound track. So you stole something, and you're pissed about the quality of the thing you stole? Bummer.

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at people who are complaining because the torrented version had a messed up sound track. So you stole something, and you're pissed about the quality of the thing you stole? Bummer.

I really wish there was a legal way to purchase only the show, not too long after it airs. I don't have any cable or satellite TV subscription (I barely watch any shows, I watch this one because of the books, and I use Netflix sometimes). I have the first 2 seasons on DVD, but they come a year later.

But yeah, I understand your point and so I'm not complaining about the soundtrack mess-up :)

Edited by The She Wolf

I gave this episode a 9. As several people have said the Riverrun scenes were terrific. I didn't quite get the whole Stannis scene the first time I watched it but the second time I don't hate it as much, he seems more interested in the destruction of his enemies than the sex. Also I think it sets up a unique story arc for Mel (The whole you are not the only one with your blood). Absolutely loved the Tyrion and Pod scenes. I think the whore scene sets up Pod for later times. And the Tyrion and Bronn pulling up chairs was just a great way to wrap up the scene after Tyrion explains how bad the 7 Kingdoms are off because of the mismanagement of realm for so long, plus the inclusion of the Iron Bank was great.

I liked the fact that we are getting a little back story with Theon's arc. As book readers we know where it's heading but, they couldn't written Theon out for 1-2 whole seasons, so I am enjoying that quite a bit.

As other people have said as well, Jaime is a bad guy. No matter how much we as viewers enjoy Jaime, he's still a bad guy. So the end song doesn't bother me at all when put in the context that he deserves some sort of punishment for everything he has done so far.