Darkstar theories

Dunk tha Lunk

Darkstar is way to old to be Aegon and if he was a bastard he would be a Sand not a Dayne.

Well the Daynes could have kept his true parentage hidden, I'm referring to the theory about Oberyn being his father. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/93481-theory-darkstars-father-twow-spoilers/

We don't know how old Darkstar truly is and he could be "legitimized" .....I personally don't think that's what has happened but its cool to think about. I kind of hope the Aegon with Jon Connington is the tue Aegon VI, I'm a sucker I know lol

In the World of Ice and Fire app it says he's in his "late twenties".

Well the Daynes could have kept his true parentage hidden, I'm referring to the theory about Oberyn being his father.

That would be very interesting, I don't think that in Dorne they had to keep his identity hidden, but I prefer the Oberstar ship :P

We don't know how old Darkstar truly is and he could be "legitimized" .....I personally don't think that's what has happened but its cool to think about. I kind of hope the Aegon with Jon Connington is the tue Aegon VI, I'm a sucker I know lol

We know that Darkstar is in his late 20s.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Darkstar is just trying way too hard to sound like a bad ass nickname. I can't stand that or Bloodraven, I'm sorry they both sound like metal bands. Until my last breath I will call them by their birth names. (not meaning to insult anyone who takes a fancy to them, just voicing a random opinion :)

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Darkstar is just trying way too hard to sound like a bad ass nickname. I can't stand that or Bloodraven, I'm sorry they both sound like metal bands. Until my last breath I will call them by their birth names. (not meaning to insult anyone who takes a fancy to them, just voicing a random opinion :)

Fixed that for you :D

I have a theory about him: He's a stupid emo.

I cannot emphasize how much I agree with this.

I've read tons of theories about Darkstar on this forum, including:

• Darkstar is Aegon (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Ned's son (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Arthur Dayne

Darkstar is Rhaegar

and none of them make any sense to me. All he is war-mongering smug jerk with cheesy lines who tried to kill one little girl. Besides his surname, there's really nothing interesting or mysterious about him.

Dorkstar is Gerold Dayne, the head of a cadet branch of House Dayne whose keep is High Hermitage. He's too old to be Aegon or a Stark bastard, and too young to be Arthur or Rhaegar. I think he's exactly who he says he is and that all the theories about his "real" identity are much ado about nothing. I think what makes him significant isn't who he is, it's what he KNOWS. In which case, Doran calling him the most dangerous man in Dorne is because of his knowledge of something, not his particular skills.

No, you are most certainly not the only one. Darkstar is only "the most dangerous man in Dorne" because people are likely to die of laughter when he introduces himself (forgotten who said that...). I like Bloodraven though, at least he has a reason for calling himself that and is an actual badass, unlike Dorkstar.

Yes. (Yes!) When I lie awake at night, it's because I'm wondering what's become of my life, and also what the hell's going on with Darkstar.

He must be the one who's slated to spill the beans about Aegon or something big that perhaps goes against the official stance of Doran. Some huge undermining, or some big "Noooo, we backing the wrong Targ!" Some POV needs to include the skinny on whether Aegon is real or not, so readers ultimately know what's what from a reliable source who has the scoop on.... stuff. So my dream is that the remaining chapters devoted to the Darkstar chase will be SOMEHOW relevant by letting him drop the bomb on his kingsguard pursuer verbally as he dies. And if it's big enough of a bomb, his pursuers might see the wisdom of keeping him alive and taking him north over the mountains so he can repeat his story to the Hightowers or whomever is still left at that point.

No, you are most certainly not the only one. Darkstar is only "the most dangerous man in Dorne" because people are likely to die of laughter when he introduces himself (forgotten who said that...). I like Bloodraven though, at least he has a reason for calling himself that and is an actual badass, unlike Dorkstar.

I'm also betting that Bloodraven's nickname comes from OTHER people bestowing the name on him, whereas I can see Dorkstar coming up with his own name and insisting on people calling him that.

Doran, if nothing else changes, won't actually want Star killed by his hunters, though. the Dark one got in trouble mostly because Doran had left him in the dark about Dorne's plans coming to fruition soon. That's why d'Star felt the need to act rashly on his own, because he like the others felt that Doran was never going to act. So when the real time to strike comes, Doran will want to reconcile his differences with this guy in order to ensure he's part of the offensive.....

so the prince might be sending some of his own hunters to hunt down the hunters hunting Darkstar. You know?

Dorkstar is Gerold Dayne, the head of a cadet branch of House Dayne whose keep is High Hermitage. He's too old to be Aegon or a Stark bastard, and too young to be Arthur or Rhaegar. I think he's exactly who he says he is and that all the theories about his "real" identity are much ado about nothing. I think what makes him significant isn't who he is, it's what he KNOWS. In which case, Doran calling him the most dangerous man in Dorne is because of his knowledge of something, not his particular skills.

Yes, this.

With all the possible/likley twists and turns about heritage coming in the next few books, do we really need another "surprise"? Darkstar gives us a link to the Dayne household, and window into either his being a reckless loner or part of a bigger conspiracy, and hopefully a showdown with Swan and/or some insight into the whereabouts of Dawn. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not asking for much else from him.

I'd like to ask him to not let those chapters be a total waste.

Doran's big reveal to Arianne sort of kept that plotline from being a waste of time. So let Dstar have something to yap about that drops the kingsguard's jaw.

This is true, I wouldn't mind at all if Darkstar had some crazy awesome reveal to drop on us. But I also have a soft spot for characters who are more about their future, not their past. We have so many people who are defined by what they've done I'd like to see a few people who were just kicking around until they get thrown into the mix and become someone. (Have I told you how much I love everything about Bronn?) Darkstar could also be this, which I like.

Then again, I've been waiting to see Howland Reed on every page I've turned since the last part of the first book. So, if Darkstar is going to drop a bomb, make it a good one.

Archived