Darkstar theories

Dunk tha Lunk

People are not asking the right questions. Why would a random Dayne maim marcella. Why was darkstar so angry when somebody mentioned beware of vipers. Why all the references to dragons and his purple eyes. Its obvious to me he is the midnight flight from dragonstone viserys. The real one. The truth is nobody would allow the real last male targ be a beggar. The targs still has friends and allies even though Robert won. But who will ake the risk of hiding a Targ? The grass that hides the snake. Why when Arriane was thinking on the marriage pact darkstar pops up.

No, if I remember the age we are given by Ran for the Darkstar it would make him four or five years too old to be Viserys. And we have a document witnessed by the Sealord of Braavos concerning Viserys marrying Arianne. If we have a secreted Viserys in Dorne then how does the Sealord get involved in witnessing a secret document about Viserys? Why would Oberyn travel there to sign such a document? Why would the Daynes risk hiding him Dorne? No, doesn't make any sense from too many viewpoints.

Now, I have my own borderline crackpot theory concerning who the Darkstar is - the descendant of Aerion Brightflame. We know he had a son, Maegor, who was passed over by the Great Council, but we don't know what happened to the infant son. Did he grow up and marry into the Dayne family? Or have a daughter who did? If so, then it would explain Ser Gerold's looks. It would also explain why he is the "most dangerous man in Dorne." Unfortunately, just not enough to go on here.

People are not asking the right questions. Why would a random Dayne maim marcella. Why was darkstar so angry when somebody mentioned beware of vipers. Why all the references to dragons and his purple eyes. Its obvious to me he is the midnight flight from dragonstone viserys. The real one. The truth is nobody would allow the real last male targ be a beggar. The targs still has friends and allies even though Robert won. But who will ake the risk of hiding a Targ? The grass that hides the snake. Why when Arriane was thinking on the marriage pact darkstar pops up.

Here, all your answers:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104214-gerold-dayne-squire-at-the-tower-of-joy/

No, if I remember the age we are given by Ran for the Darkstar it would make him four or five years too old to be Viserys. And we have a document witnessed by the Sealord of Braavos concerning Viserys marrying Arianne. If we have a secreted Viserys in Dorne then how does the Sealord get involved in witnessing a secret document about Viserys? Why would Oberyn travel there to sign such a document? Why would the Daynes risk hiding him Dorne? No, doesn't make any sense from too many viewpoints.

Now, I have my own borderline crackpot theory concerning who the Darkstar is - the descendant of Aerion Brightflame. We know he had a son, Maegor, who was passed over by the Great Council, but we don't know what happened to the infant son. Did he grow up and marry into the Dayne family? Or have a daughter who did? If so, then it would explain Ser Gerold's looks. It would also explain why he is the "most dangerous man in Dorne." Unfortunately, just not enough to go on here.

Let me think on it... Ok so you are saying hiding the real viserys in Dorne under a fake indentity makes no sense? What about Alayne? What about weasel? What about cat of the canals or even young griff? This is not some crackpot theory but westoros norm. I will tell you it is borderline retarded to sign a pact with the sealord of bravos as witness with the princess of dorne and the last male dragon only to let him run around the free cities with no protection and get himself killed. That makes ni sense. That is a waste of a secret marriage pact. Does Doran Martell seem like the type to pull a fake secret marriage pact that nobody knows about and just let it go to waste. Fire and blood. Not young griff who is the cartoon cut out targ.

There are 3-4 hidden or hiding starks. Why not. What else would they do with king robert ruling.

Find another one or two and put together a basketball team? Westeros' Dragons is a nice name.

Just to clarify: there is no 3-4 hidden Starks . In fact there are none. All are with us from the beginning. Now, there are at least four possible hidden Targaryens: Tyrion, Jon, (F)Aegon, according to you, Darkstar. It's too much.

Let me think on it... Ok so you are saying hiding the real viserys in Dorne under a fake indentity makes no sense? What about Alayne? What about weasel? What about cat of the canals or even young griff? This is not some crackpot theory but westoros norm. I will tell you it is borderline retarded to sign a pact with the sealord of bravos as witness with the princess of dorne and the last male dragon only to let him run around the free cities with no protection and get himself killed. That makes ni sense. That is a waste of a secret marriage pact. Does Doran Martell seem like the type to pull a fake secret marriage pact that nobody knows about and just let it go to waste. Fire and blood. Not young griff who is the cartoon cut out targ.

I see you don't address the age issue. Look up the old Darkstar threads in which this is addressed, and I think you will find Darkstar's age doesn't fit for a "hidden Viserys." To answer your question about why someone would let Viserys "run around the free cities with no protection" let me say he does have some protection. From Ser Willem Darry, and from those people of the Free Cities who choose to host the "last dragon." For whatever political reason, it appears the Sealord of Braavos is one of those people. Illyrio is another. Short of invading Braavos or Pentos, what can Robert do about it? He could send assassins, but Jon Arryn convinces him not to do so. The fact the Sealord signs as a witness tells us he is not only allowing Viserys to stay in Braavos at the time, but that he supported the plot to bring Viserys to the throne. Now, I would agree that as Viserys ages, there is likely some reassessment of the wisdom of doing so on the Sealord's part, or a new Sealord takes over and no longer wants the Targaryens in his city, but I don't see anything that suggests Viserys was never there. As to why the cautious Doran Martell would not take part in hiding Viserys in Dorne, it only takes thinking of the consequences of someone discovering his presence there - war against Dorne by all the other Great Houses and the Iron Throne. Hiding a paper is much easier and much smarter. But regardless if you disagree with this assessment, Darkstar isn't Viserys because of the age factor alone.

edit: in case no one has ever told you this, the word "retarded" is offensive, and isn't a good idea to use in these discussions. For future reference

I reckon the Astronomy of Planetos thread I think it is tying in the Empire of the Dawn etc with mythology and religious principles helps to explain it

That is to say he is a Daynish example of Others sympathisers, like how Euron is Ironborn example

He is who he is, eg not Rhaegar or Ser Arthur Dayne

The Daynes are like the Hightowers, they are deeply tied to the major plot arc of ASOIF, and tied to Jon and Dany, there's more to come regarding Ashara Dayne etc

I actually expect Darkstar to become a major oppositional figure in Jons arc if not the major oppositional figure, eg what Euron is to Dany and on a par with Euron

eg Jon will evolve into Jon Stark-Targaryen, he will take power in the north but as he comes down and slowly works his way southward and rises to power on the Targaryen side of the equation and has to take ownership of Dawn in order to fight the Others he will have to fight through Darkstar as his major antagonist

Basically Darkstar and Euron are perhaps only below the Night's King so I expect he will feature quite prominently

No, his answer is definitely here, somewhere. You didn't dream it. I dunno if he has seen the Dayne family tree, but he sounded sure of it.

Thank you! I agree he seemed 100% certain Darkstar does not have any mysterious heritage. And is just the son of Lord & Lady dayne of High Hermitage.

All those daft theories should be put to bed. But alas. people just ignore the fact he is far too old to be Viserys.

Archived