Who will command the Twins after Lord Frey dies?

BearandMaidenFair

Big Walder in the long run (no matter where he is in the succession!)

I agree with this. When we first meet Big Walder [ACOK Bran I] there is an interesting bit of potential foreshadowing:

Little Walder says "...neither of us will ever hold the Twins, stupid."

"I will," Big Walder declared.

!!

Also, after ADWD, he seems like a pretty decent guy. Additionally (and this could be important later), Rickon liked him.

I agree with this. When we first meet Big Walder [ACOK Bran I] there is an interesting bit of potential foreshadowing:

!!

Also, after ADWD, he seems like a pretty decent guy. Additionally (and this could be important later), Rickon liked him.

Yea he doesn't seem as bad as his late cousin Little Walder

!!

Yeah, well said. He is also ambitious, the fact that he likely killed Little Walder shows that he can also be ruthless. Seems to me that he should not be underestimated.

• 5 months later...

Black Walder. He is ruthless. He is systematically taking out those ahead in the succession. He might even be planning some RW like thing to cleanse the family of everyone he can't trust or use.

However Lame Lothar will probably stab him in the back. He might actually be as ruthless as Black Walder, or worse, considering he was the "director" of the Red Wedding.

• 1 month later...

I'd be surprised if the Twins are still standing by the end of the story.

Agreed. I think the Freys are all doomed because of the Red Wedding. Like TOJ, the castles and bridges will be pulled down.

Archived