How has the forum changed your opinion of the characters?

Chaircat Meow

Never did i claim it. What i'm saying is that he is giving power to the smart and the idustious - while he may not have the goal of creating a Reneissance he is most likely to do it.

Oh, ok, this takes the biscuit. I thought I'd seen it all when someone posited that "LF made the game a thing of beauty" comment, but preemptively crediting LF for harboring a goddam Renaissance might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and that includes Gash's Dany=Christ commentary.

Oh and btw bumps says my sig is too dense and people probably don't even read it, so that's been bothering me. Can I get an impartial answer to this, is my sig too long? I'm incredibly self conscious of this.

Having read 1-4, I came at the boards some 3 years before ADWD. My opinion on the characters remained more or less the same. The thing which really surprised me vm after my joining these boards was the fact that so many people really hate and scorn the Starks.

The huge change in my opinion about a character ever came not from the forums but after ADWD. It was about Theon. The truth is that before book 5 I did not believe I would be able to ever forgive him [even with first Reek spoiler chapter having been circulated over the GRRM official site, it was not before I discovered all his mental struggle dancing when I started to feel not only pity but also a great deal of hope for the boy]. Perhaps the situation was the same with Jaime after book three. I do not remember well now, but then the change was more expected for he got his own PoV in the Storm. Although as if I started to kind of like him still after his meeting with Lady Cat in River Run.

Anyway these boards allowed me to learn a lot of things about the characters and their storylines. The hundreds of bits I had missed on my first read. None of these changed my opinion on the book or its heroes dramatically. I fall in love with the series and some of its characters since the very beginning. The books of the saga are quite noticeable reading all alone. Perhaps the forums made easier for me to realize that the books and characters are much deeper than their appearance. That reread is not only a must but a great and new, additional pleasure.

Oh and btw bumps says my sig is too dense and people probably don't even read it, so that's been bothering me. Can I get an impartial answer to this, is my sig too long? I'm incredibly self conscious of this.

Honestly?

Yes.

A sig quote should be one or two sentences if you want people to read it.

That's how I do it on other sites.

Oh goodness, who do you think would be better? And for goodness sake please don't say renly.

In all honesty, I think Jon has shown remarkable leadership, like Stannis, but a better perspective than Stannis.

let's argue another time, I have to log off (sorry)

I dislike, like, love and hate Dany as a character. I have cheered for her and booed. She seems to be a rather polarizing character. What I have come to hate about the discussions that center around her on this board are the actions of the posters. It is like legitimate discussion that mentions her name is nonexistent. That makes me sad.

Stannis discussions seem to fall into that pattern as well.

I understand Sansa a bit better from reading the boards. There are things that I missed while reading.

Arya's arc scares me more now that I have read the discussions.

No one has been able to convince me that the Sand Snakes are not just cardboard cutouts.

I become more of a Cat supporter thanks to the boards. I hate how she gets blamed for the fall of House Stark when quite a few Starks made bad decisions to make that happen. (They were also beset by treachery and cunning foes.)

Oh, ok, this takes the biscuit. I thought I'd seen it all when someone posited that "LF made the game a thing of beauty" comment, but preemptively crediting LF for harboring a goddam Renaissance might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and that includes Gash's Dany=Christ commentary.

Um thanks i guess.

Who do you think is more likely to bring progress? Who is this entire series has created something, has advanced is some way, has done something revolutionary. They live in a continent the size of Europe and have 5 towns! For 6000 years their society has not advanced in the slightest! Anyone who does even the slightest thing to bring progress gets my support and from what i've seen Petyr is the most likely.

Honestly?

Yes.

A sig quote should be one or two sentences if you want people to read it.

That's how I do it on other sites.

yes it is .

Aw damnit. I will change it. I thought it was pretty badass, stannis smashing wildlings. But I will change it.

Yes i would say it is too long, but after i see the first words i recall the entire scene so for me it was not needed to read it.

I dislike, like, love and hate Dany as a character. I have cheered for her and booed. She seems to be a rather polarizing character. What I have come to hate about the discussions that center around her on this board are the actions of the posters. It is like legitimate discussion that mentions her name is nonexistent. That makes me sad.

Stannis discussions seem to fall into that pattern as well.

I understand Sansa a bit better from reading the boards. There are things that I missed while reading.

Arya's arc scares me more now that I have read the discussions.

No one has been able to convince me that the Sand Snakes are not just cardboard cutouts.

I become more of a Cat supporter thanks to the boards. I hate how she gets blamed for the fall of House Stark when quite a few Starks made bad decisions to make that happen. (They were also beset by treachery and cunning foes.)

She made a lot of dumb choices, but her advice was almost always good to Robb during the war.

Robb, Sansa and Ned made their share of dumb decisions too.

You need something shorter and more snappy.

I started disliking every mention of Stannis recently because of the stupid fanaticism on the forum.

Yep, too long. Sorry.

C'mon now Butterbumps. Clearly Dany is the second coming of Christ, just like Littlefinger is the 2nd coming of Petrarch. Don't be cynical.

Don't ever be self-conscious, your sig is perfect the way it is.

but he doesn't obey the laws! he bends them at best....

helping Sansa escape is the first thing that comes to mind. He creates quite a bit of chaos, how can you argue against that?

Also, why can't there be two characters that are chaotic evil? Tywin is lawful evil.

Just pointing out that he helped Sansa escape from a position he put her in...

It's not too long. You just need to put it in pretty colors. I get tons of comments on mine and it's longer.

ETA: Actually, yours is longer. But, still - pretty colors.

And I'm disappointed this thread turn in to discussions on LF and Tywin.

Um thanks i guess.

Who do you think is more likely to bring progress? Who is this entire series has created something, has advanced is some way, has done something revolutionary. They live in a continent the size of Europe and have 5 towns! For 6000 years their society has not advanced in the slightest! Anyone who does even the slightest thing to bring progress gets my support and from what i've seen Petyr is the most likely.

Jon's been doing it, and he didn't even need to enslave and beat a young girl to bring it. Dany's doing it Essos. Aegon's been taught extensively about the merchant classes who lead the Free Cities, and Tyrion knows better than most about power structures. There's also Doran, whose comments about the equality of the Water Gardens seem like something to be developed later on.

And I'm disappointed this thread turn in to discussions on LF and Tywin.

Sorry, K3. I' have to leave anyway.

And if you check my posts i support all of them.

Then why the hell are going on about LF's singular ability to usher in a new age of progress, and ask rhetorically whether anyone else was capable of bringing forth progress??

Jon's been doing it, and he didn't even need to enslave and beat a young girl to bring it. Dany's doing it Essos. Aegon's been taught extensively about the merchant classes who lead the Free Cities, and Tyrion knows better than most about power structures. There's also Doran, whose comments about the equality of the Water Gardens seem like something to be developed later on.

And if you check my posts i support all of them.

C'mon now Butterbumps. Clearly Dany is the second coming of Christ, just like Littlefinger is the 2nd coming of Petrarch. Don't be cynical.

Don't ever be self-conscious, your sig is perfect the way it is.

:lmao: To both comments.

Just pointing out that he helped Sansa escape from a position he put her in...

It's not too long. You just need to put it in pretty colors. I get tons of comments on mine and it's longer.

I always read yours ... yours is three lines, and his is four, clearly his is longer ... :leaving:

Archived