How has the forum changed your opinion of the characters?

Chaircat Meow

Oh and btw bumps says my sig is too dense and people probably don't even read it, so that's been bothering me. Can I get an impartial answer to this, is my sig too long? I'm incredibly self conscious of this.

Seems fine to me, but you could make the text a different colour so it stands out.

ERO , I'm curious why don't you use Stannis' personal sigil instead of the normal Baratheon one?

Good question, actually. There are so many posters who use the Baratheon one, E-Ro might get confused for a Robbert supporter! :o

The forums have changed my opinion on a couple characters:

Robb - Was a huge fan, now I pretty much think he's a dope.

Bobby B. - Bad king. I knew it, but never really thought how many problems he created as King.

Theon - I was a big fan, and over time he has turned into my favorite character.

Still don't really like Brienne, Sam, or Selmy. My views on characters are weird.

ERO , I'm curious why don't you use Stannis' personal sigil instead of the normal Baratheon one?

Oh I dislike the religious rhollor fanaticism and the burnings are my one issue with him. So I stick to the crowned stag of baratheon, the Sigil of stannis' father, and his father before him. The crowned stag is were it's at. And stannis uses the stag in addition to his other flaming heart Sigil.

Also I changed my sig, this one is temporary until I think of something better.

Just pointing out that he helped Sansa escape from a position he put her in...

It's not too long. You just need to put it in pretty colors. I get tons of comments on mine and it's longer.

ETA: Actually, yours is longer. But, still - pretty colors.

And I'm disappointed this thread turn in to discussions on LF and Tywin.

I wasn't discussing the morality of what he did, just the fact that considering she was a hostage in KL, the act of removing her from the city was in fact illegal. (We were talking about LF and if he's lawful evil or chaotic evil)

and LF and Tywin (and defending their actions as.... fair and just capitalists?I think ) are en vouge at the moment

btw LOVE your signature! haha I get the sense the majority of the old timer posters are female? I wonder if George knows the ladies love his work?

You are aware that "mannis" sounds exceptionally mocking?

btw LOVE your signature! haha I get the sense the majority of the old timer posters are female? I wonder if George knows the ladies love his work?

The majority of the old timer posters do not post in the book forums. :)

I guess the genders are pretty evenly represented on the forum.

And George knows the people he meets at signings and interviews. Why should he be suprirised at seeing women there?

Oh I dislike the religious rhollor fanaticism and the burnings are my one issue with him. So I stick to the crowned stag of baratheon, the Sigil of stannis' father, and his father before him. The crowned stag is were it's at. And stannis uses the stag in addition to his other flaming heart Sigil.

Funny you say that. Mel and the religious fanaticism is the main reason I don't care for him. If he got rid of her I would quite like him as Davos is one of my favorite characters.

You are aware that "mannis" sounds exceptionally mocking?

The majority of the old timer posters do not post in the book forums. :)

I guess the genders are pretty evenly represented on the forum.

And George knows the people he meets at signings and interviews. Why should he be suprirised at seeing women there?

he shouldn't :D I like the series, because the women are varied and there's lots of them to identify with :)

unlike LOTR where there are literally 2 on the whole continent....?

George can write a series that includes someone like Asha as well as Catelyn, it's wonderful!

Really?

I've never seen it used in anything other than a positive way.

I am not sure how it sounds to native speakers and how it is usually used, but I mostly see it used in connection with Stannis. And the way these words rhyme and the idea of adding -is to a normal word ... it sounds like a parody of a cartoon character to me. :dunno:

he shouldn't :D I like the series, because the women are varied and there's lots of them to identify with :)

George can write a series that includes someone like Asha as well as Catelyn, it's wonderful!

Galadriel, Arwen and Eowin make 3! :) :)

You need to add color so it stands out, the gray on gray is hard to read. Plus, you could just boil it down to the part that pertinent to ERo: Stannis, Stannis, STANNIS!!

Good question, actually. There are so many posters who use the Baratheon one, E-Ro might get confused for a Robbert supporter! :o

He is a Robert supporter, which is one of his blind spots. He's just not a Renly supporter.

I agree. :D

That was one of my main problems with LOTR. I read only The Fellowship and it dragged for me, partly because of the lack of female characters.

Catelyn, Sansa, Cersei are all very realistic, psychologically developed characters. That is what I love about them.

Funny you say that. Mel and the religious fanaticism is the main reason I don't care for him. If he got rid of her I would quite like him as Davos is one of my favorite characters.

Interesting. I think that the only time Mel really had much pull over stannis is after the black water. He doesn't seem to listen to her all that much. He doesn't let her go to the BW, he doesn't punish davos for the Edric incident, and now he has left her at the wall while he takes the fight to the Boltons. I think he takes what she says into consideration because of her obvious power, but he does what he feels is right, and takes davos word far more then hers.

Does that make you like him more brah?

I agree. :D

That was one of my main problems with LOTR. I read only The Fellowship and it dragged for me, partly because of the lack of female characters.

Catelyn, Sansa, Cersei are all very realistic, psychologically developed characters. That is what I love about them.

oh and let's not forget Cersei... in LOTR the women are a paragon of good, and Sauron doesn't have a feminine equivalent (or friend, or friend with benefits :( )

Whereas in ASOIF, well, bam! Here's a very complex and fleshed out, but vain, and sociopathic, positively evil and self-serving above all, female character... she reminds me of Cathy from East of Eden.

You need to add color so it stands out, the gray on gray is hard to read. Plus, you could just boil it down to the part that pertinent to ERo: Stannis, Stannis, STANNIS!!

He is a Robert supporter, which is one of his blind spots. He's just not a Renly supporter.

Thanks for the support lady m, I love you too.

OTOH, Mel is now one of my favourite characters. At the end of ACOK, I was sure she was just an evil witch. Now I see her as mostly benevolent.

I wasn't discussing the morality of what he did, just the fact that considering she was a hostage in KL, the act of removing her from the city was in fact illegal. (We were talking about LF and if he's lawful evil or chaotic evil)

and LF and Tywin (and defending their actions as.... fair and just capitalists?I think ) are en vouge at the moment

Ah, got it on LF. Can't stand the man so it gets my goat up if I see anything positive about him. Thanks for explaining.

As for the signature, thanks. From what I can tell, the split between male/female has been pretty even on here. But, threads on sexism, patriarchy, and privelege used to be big topics around her for awhile. George has talked about his female fans before and left me with the impression that he loved how many of them were. There are some interviews floating around on this topic somewhere on the interwebz.

Archived