How has the forum changed your opinion of the characters?

Chaircat Meow

OTOH, Mel is now one of my favourite characters. At the end of ACOK, I was sure she was just an evil witch. Now I see her as mostly benevolent.

I truly don't know what to make of Mel.

I thought it was sweet of her to keep Stannis' squire back so that she could protect one of Davos' children.

But, I think she is misguided and manipulative.

Plus, The whole burning people alive is a big no-no.

he shouldn't :D I like the series, because the women are varied and there's lots of them to identify with :)

unlike LOTR where there are literally 2 on the whole continent....?

George can write a series that includes someone like Asha as well as Catelyn, it's wonderful!

I agree. :D

That was one of my main problems with LOTR. I read only The Fellowship and it dragged for me, partly because of the lack of female characters.

Catelyn, Sansa, Cersei are all very realistic, psychologically developed characters. That is what I love about them.

The diverse and well-written female characters in the books are one of its biggest draws for me. It's rare in not just fantasy but many book genres and large parts of pop culture. Look at Catelyn. Usually the mother is dead (such as ever Disney movie ever) or she is sidelined as just the mother of the protaginist(s). Catelyn is a character in her own right.

Yeah I have always said my favorite after stannis and davos was Sansa. I always liked her but all the wonderful Sansa fans don't hurt. She is really well written. As is cersei even if she's a bad person.

Because his heart belongs to Davos.

Also, just putting this out there, I would really appreciate it if someone made a mashup Davos-Stannis trailer with this song playing:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eHUgG5AEFvo

No! Stannis has a good friendship with Davos, full of subtlety. We don't need to change it.

The diverse and well-written female characters in the books are one of its biggest draws for me. It's rare in not just fantasy but many book genres and large parts of pop culture. Look at Catelyn. Usually the mother is dead (such as ever Disney movie ever) or she is sidelined as just the mother of the protaginist(s). Catelyn is a character in her own right.

So very much agree with this -- and the women in the saga, and not just the guys, move the story forward.

Stannis' relentless PR team has converted me. When I first read the series I considered him more of a villain, and found Davos' POVs boring. On my third re-read, Davos became one of my favorite characters and I found myself rooting for Stannis and the more time I spend on this forum, I grow fonder of him.

I've also changed my opinion of Cat, whom I really didn't like that much after AGoT, but now respect her much more and appreciate how incredibly well-written she is. I also even like Lady Stoneheart--I was initially furious when she came back as undead, but now I'm loving the whole BwBs story.

I really like Dany in AGoT, but after that, I became indifferent to her, but now I've come to absolutely despise her.

I've always loved the Starks and always will. No one will ever persuade me otherwise.

Because its ma thang.

It almost sounds like you're saying 'bra' over and over again. It's funny lol.

And Ned had true love for Catelyn, not Robert. He and Robert shared one thing in common; hatred of politics and stuff that requires too much dark thinking. That's a personal theory, btw, I haven't taken it off anywhere.

Archived