Why do so many readers assume Bloodraven is evil?

YNGWLF

I know many of the smallfolk thought the he was an evil sorcerer while he served as hand of the king. But, we also know that the smallfolk felt similarly towards Tyrion when he was Hand, and he was the only one doing anything to protect them.

Both in a position of power during a hard time in the Kingdom. Both deformed in some way. Both feared and hated by many.

I think if he was truly evil he "look fairer and feel fouler".

jojen paste mmmm

"spread the fucker on toast"

Lol, don't start that again heh

I don't think he's evil, for example, I don't think he's ever harmed an innocent, but maybe he has. He killed bad guys, but half of the public liked the bad guys, so he got vilified, or maybe they weren't bad guys, but they were enemies.

Do they?

I surely don't think that he's 'evil' as so few of GRRM's characters are.

The Bloodraven is pure awesomeness: Kick ass "scar", check, badass with a longbow, check, has a valyrian sword, check, cunning bastard, check, has magic abilities, check.

What's not to love?

Bloodraven is very mysterious. We know absolutely nothing as to why after serving the legitimate trueborn Targaryen Royal line in the Blackfyre Rebellion and then as hand of the king, he was thrown into the black cells and then condemned to the Nights Watch. We know that Meakar, Aegon V and Maester Aemon's father did not trust him but why did he fall from so high in power to so low in favor?

Jojen paste? Can someone fill me in?

Bran has to eat some bloody paste with veins in it, at the same time Jojen is said to be ill.... there is more to the theroy but i dont remember it wall right now, you can research it, i think there is 1000 threads about it :P

Something about the look of it made Bran feel ill. The red veins were only weirwood sap, he supposed, but in the torchlight they looked remarkably like blood. He dipped the spoon into the paste, then hesitated. “Will this make me a greenseer?”“Your blood makes you a greenseer,” said Lord Brynden. “This will help awaken your gifts and wed you to the trees.”

Archived